News New Jumpers For 2020 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it contradictory?

St Kilda purchase their apparel from ISC at a cost, therefore ISC are the apparel supplier.

There is no cash going from ISC to St Kilda, therefore they aren’t sponsors.

If there was no cash going from ISC to St Kilda or Gold Coast why would the clubs allow that logo to appear anywear (Still on polo and other merch), at a minimum they would be supplying the gear for free

I would say ISC have offered to make all the gear in “partnership” and the cost put on the space of the front of jumper will be more financial to the club.

I dread the day when AFL guernseys move the apparel sponsor onto the shoulders and have a extra sponsor on the back (and possibly the front). Hopefully St Kilda and the Gold Coast don't start the move down the NRL path like St George below......
Not going to happen, the NRL placements are because of the standard camera angles used in NRL coverage make them viable.

Just a quick search and saw the SANFL uniforms are sponsor heavy, with big major sponsors across the front along with smaller sponsors in other areas. Hoping the AFL doesn't end up like this in the future.

1575600036541.png

I'm a Centrals supporter and I hate the sponsorship badges. My club insists on making the font on the HOLDEN badge bigger every year. It is infringing on the uniform design now and covers half of the red hoop.

We've prostituted our heritage and identity. :'(:mad::devil:

Am I the only one that thinks St. Kilda and Geelong should have their club logos above their sponsor's logo?

This is how sponsorship logos started in the SANFL. I think this was the 2nd year we had sponsors on the jumper.

Attachments

• Central District Jumper 1979.jpg
    Central District Jumper 1979.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 130
Am I the only one that thinks St. Kilda and Geelong should have their club logos above their sponsor's logo?
The St Kilda crest (not logo although it is the current St Kilda logo) is placed over the heart, so the below is closer than above.

There is actually quite a story as to why it has been on the guernsey since 1933. https://www.saints.com.au/news/246886/the-day-the-crest-was-immortalised

The other clubs don't really have a reason behind there's being placed on the jumper.

Last edited:
Here is the future: Move the manufacturer logo to the shoulder. Free up space on the neck for a third sponsor.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a Centrals supporter and I hate the sponsorship badges. My club insists on making the font on the HOLDEN badge bigger every year. It is infringing on the uniform design now and covers half of the red hoop.

This is how sponsorship logos started in the SANFL. I think this was the 2nd year we had sponsors on the jumper.
Why don't they put the Holden wordmark inside one of the white stripes (make them all slightly thicker if they have to). Seems like a no-brainer to me.

I agree with you. Your jumper rocks, except for the Holden right across the front.
And I love that old Centrals jumper, Based off an old Footscray night series jumper. Is that your clash jumper? If not should be, should be ours occasionally too.

I agree with you. Your jumper rocks, except for the Holden right across the front.
And I love that old Centrals jumper, Based off an old Footscray night series jumper. Is that your clash jumper? If not should be, should be ours occasionally too.
No, it was our jumper from 1979 - 1991.

Not wanting to cause a fight but the story this end was the white jumper was designed for Centrals and waiting to be produced and Footscray "borrowed" and slightly amended the design for the night series before it was worn by Centrals who didn't wear it until the opening round of the League season.

Here's the thing I don't get outside of St Kilda and GC seeing $$ - why would ISC put their logo on all the polos and training gearjust to not bother with the jumper?

Here's the thing I don't get outside of St Kilda and GC seeing $$ - why would ISC put their logo on all the polos and training gearjust to not bother with the jumper?
They are still a partner supplier (for gc) and an elite partner (for stk). They are still partners and sponsors of the clubs they just have decided not to give the clubs as much money/supplys for the logo placement on the gurnsey.

They are still a partner supplier (for gc) and an elite partner (for stk). They are still partners and sponsors of the clubs they just have decided not to give the clubs as much money/supplys for the logo placement on the gurnsey.
I just find it weird that theymay enough and care enough to be on polos and training kits but draw the line at the jumpers.
I mean, ISC branding will literally be everywhere but the playing top.

And the rule should be black and white, you supply the kit your logo goes on.

Why don't they put the Holden wordmark inside one of the white stripes (make them all slightly thicker if they have to). Seems like a no-brainer to me.
They had the sponsor the same height as the hoops for a loooong time just above the red hoop and was great sponsor integration. Back when the Holden wordmark was more blocky and in capitals.

Can't really do too much else with the current wordmark now. Terrible.

They had the sponsor the same height as the hoops for a loooong time just above the red hoop and was great sponsor integration. Back when the Holden wordmark was more blocky and in capitals.

Can't really do too much else with the current wordmark now. Terrible.

2 seasons ago the Holden logo was enlarged and infringed on the Red Hoop slightly and then this season was made larger again and now infringes on half the Red Hoop. I mentioned this to the President of the club and he said they had increased the size of the font and he didn't think it was a bad thing. Great sponsor and contribute lots of money to the club etc. Personally I believe the sponsor should fit our jumper design and not infringe on it or take it over.

Attached 2 examples of our charity round jumpers which are one off and I can live with large charity logo on the front for 1 game but both logos infringed on the jumper design on the 2018 jumper.

Attachments

• 2016 04 30 Novita Round.JPG
    2016 04 30 Novita Round.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 2018 08 11 Novita Round 17.JPG
    2018 08 11 Novita Round 17.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 182
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back