News New Jumpers For 2020 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Came very close to happening with St Kilda about five years ago or so. They even made samples, which I saw. Collar and cuffs were red :oops:
Very cool when you hear about guernseys made by companies that never even ended up producing the guernseys for the club.
Like Brisbane/Under Armour.

I feel that somewhere theres a prototype Crows Under Armour guernsey, were supposed to go with them apparently after leaving Reebok.
Instead we had to quickly sign with Puma, because the UA deal fell through. Explains why the Crows pretty much had the worst Puma sponsorship in AFL history - lasted only two years. Everyone usually stays with Puma for a long time.

Question for someone who works at or is involved with Collingwood. Is there going to be an away version of the home guernsey (flipped sponsors) or is last year's away strip going to be used for non-clash away games?

Very cool when you hear about guernseys made by companies that never even ended up producing the guernseys for the club.
Like Brisbane/Under Armour.

I feel that somewhere theres a prototype Crows Under Armour guernsey, were supposed to go with them apparently after leaving Reebok.
Instead we had to quickly sign with Puma, because the UA deal fell through. Explains why the Crows pretty much had the worst Puma sponsorship in AFL history - lasted only two years. Everyone usually stays with Puma for a long time.
Worst deal?
Do you remember the details?

Worst deal?
Do you remember the details?

Contract with Puma was undercooked compared to what other clubs who have been with Puma have got. It was a two-year contract (2013/2014), with the option of a third year which wasn't taken. At around the same time Puma extended their contract with West Coast for 4-5 years IIRC.

A few years later Puma signed with Richmond (five-year contract), and later signed with Carlton for 10 years.

Contract with Puma was undercooked compared to what other clubs who have been with Puma have got. It was a two-year contract (2013/2014), with the option of a third year which wasn't taken. At around the same time Puma extended their contract with West Coast for 4-5 years IIRC.

A few years later Puma signed with Richmond (five-year contract), and later signed with Carlton for 10 years.

And to add insult to injury we ended up with BLK after Puma for two years (Trigg's parting gift apparently). I've heard some rumours that Fagan was livid as the BLK deal, which has some traction given the Adelaide Giants quickly changed suppliers from BLK to Fulhammer after the club acquired them.

And to add insult to injury we ended up with BLK after Puma for two years (Trigg's parting gift apparently). I've heard some rumours that Fagan was livid as the BLK deal, which has some traction given the Adelaide Giants quickly changed suppliers from BLK to Fulhammer after the club acquired them.
Yeah remember something about Fagan having issues with the CEO of BLK or something like that..
Wish we stayed with Puma, their gear is of best quality in the league imo. Oh well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I don't know either, maybe we should quarantine this so it doesn't spread to other clubs and manufacturers.
I'm thinking it's only been made for Michael Hurley who is a repeat offender of the 3/4 longy in some matches, and UA/EFC thought it was a good idea to flog these to the public all because of one bloke

Am hopeful that once our deal with Canterbury expires (2022), we can find someone better. Would love it to be Adidas or Puma (since Nike seems to have left the AFL) but the chances of a club the size of North reclaiming a brand of that particular caliber is very unlikely. We’ll probably get added to the ISC assortment.

No Anzac Day jumpers this year... I wonder if any had already been produced?
Jumpers are usually designed the year before, but produced leading up to the game.
Anzac jumpers have probably been ordered, but then that order will have been cancelled.
It would be unlikely that the manufacturer has made more than one or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back