News New Jumpers For 2020 - All Changes In OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

joblo

Cancelled
Oct 1, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
The stripes look so thin and the fact the stripes don’t go up to the stitching won’t help my ocd throughout the year

The jumper is a 4XL size to fit my 6'8 frame so it makes the stripes look thin. It's always a problem for us who wear the bigger sizes because the template is larger than normal but the design is always not quite right. This is more of an issue with the vertical stripe teams. I agree with that the white stripes should have gone up to the shoulder seam.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
The Pies jumper just doesn't really work. The back is ok I guess, but the bib/shoulder panels just get lost if they're not part of the actual template, and end up looking like a dodgy misprint.

Is this the first time we've seen a rival manufacturer try and deliberately copy a template of another?

Depends on your definition of deliberate I guess. Every manufacturer of the Gold Coast home jumper since 2015 has just copied the 2XU version with the curved sidepanel and yellow bib on the back, and BLK printed navy sidepanels on the Crows home jumper in 2015. These were "deliberate" in the sense that they were copying an existing design without thinking about how that design was being influenced by the template.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
s-l640.jpg

s-l640.jpg

s-l640.jpg

Optus on the polos etc for the first time this year then. Really makes you appreciate how much cleaner our gear has been with just the single sponsor logo on the front for so long.

Really bugs me that every year ISC do this weird thing on the training jumpers where they don't have the collar and the cuff the same colour. It just looks s**t, fortunate they haven't tried it with the playing jumpers.

They can do what they like with the training kits as far as I'm concerned, as long as they leave the playing kits simple. Ando's suggestion as to what the changes to the clash jumper will be has eased my mind a little, though I'd still rather they didn't unnecessarily add logos/mascots altogether.

DiamondGuy

Le goûter qui »BANG«
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwich, St Kilda
Is this the first time we've seen a rival manufacturer try and deliberately copy a template of another?

St Kilda's Puma piping was copied by Sekem, Piping Hot, Skins and ISC, finally disappearing eight years after Puma's contract ended

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The jumper is a 4XL size to fit my 6'8 frame so it makes the stripes look thin. It's always a problem for us who wear the bigger sizes because the template is larger than normal but the design is always not quite right. This is more of an issue with the vertical stripe teams. I agree with that the white stripes should have gone up to the shoulder seam.

you aint wrong
1573281843354.png

joblo

Cancelled
Oct 1, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just did check on the stripes
The stripes look so thin and the fact the stripes don’t go up to the stitching won’t help my ocd throughout the year

Just did a check on the stripes and yes you are correct. The two outer stripes on the front of the jumper are thinner than the middle stripe. The middle stripe is 6.5cm wide and the outer stripes are 5cm wide. Strange???

Cainozz

Club Legend
Feb 6, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
St Kilda's Puma piping was copied by Sekem, Piping Hot, Skins and ISC, finally disappearing eight years after Puma's contract ended
Was the piping part of the actual original puma template stitching though? Wasn't that more of a just a printed on collar design feature per se? Much like the yellow bib on the back of the suns jumper.

ISC have actually tried to emulate the bare template that adidas had with the crows, essendon and the pies at the time (2009-10).

Off the top of my head
- BLK printed the crows jumper with blue side panels in 2015 because Puma's 2014 template had side panels that didn't allow printing on them.
- Various heritage jumpers of the mid noughties printed lace'up' look-alike stitching from very old jumper inspirations

Not really news but yeh store is up:

HD quality pics on Essendon's shop of the new jumpers.

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 11.08.30 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 11.08.41 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 11.09.59 am.png

Also this is interesting:
Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 11.11.08 am.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back