News New Jumpers for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People taking the piss with dumb comments, the whole hashtag thing, people's personal 'mock ups' filling the thread

Please folks, leave this to news, and news only

This board has been pathetic for years, mainly started when they made Gibbsy mod

Okay, story time...

tl;dr: Sekem screwed up the design, Freo don’t have a designer on board due to COVID-19, so I sent through revised artwork to the club long before the release, which they’ve since put into effect.

At this stage, and I haven’t seen the final product, but AFAIK they should be going with the training jumper I designed for them as well.

tl;dr: Sekem screwed up the design, Freo don’t have a designer on board due to COVID-19, so I sent through revised artwork to the club long before the release, which they’ve since put into effect.

At this stage, and I haven’t seen the final product, but AFAIK they should be going with the training jumper I designed for them as well.

Being a good Eagles man, I’d be devastated if you haven’t managed to work in some kind of low key hidden message about 0 Premierships and/or Cockburn.

Being a good Eagles man, I’d be devastated if you haven’t managed to work in some kind of low key hidden message about 0 Premierships and/or Cockburn.

My late grandmother was a massive Dockers fan. Did it as a free service for them, with that in mind.

No insults needed. 😎

how does a company like Sekem 'screw up a design'? Couldn't they literally copy + paste the design from the Kmart AFL jumpers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rang the Cats Store yesterday, due to delays 2021 gear wont be available till the new year.

My interpretation "Due to Members holding $50 vouchers for cotton on and new era gear that expire on 31/12/2020 because of reserved seats being lost in covid, we don't want them using it on 2021 gear and are delaying release"

Long time lurker of the board, first time poster.

I noticed a major detail that may strongly suggest Sydney and Nike partnership in the video they’ve posted today.

The screenshot I took isn’t great but watch the video back and zoom in on Callum Mills lifting weights in the gym and look below the Sydney logo.
For reference, it’s at the 40 second mark. B71FB245-3F17-4D7A-A47C-4DDAA68A1B9B.png

Long time lurker of the board, first time poster.

I noticed a major detail that may strongly suggest Sydney and Nike partnership in the video they’ve posted today.

The screenshot I took isn’t great but watch the video back and zoom in on Callum Mills lifting weights in the gym and look below the Sydney logo.
For reference, it’s at the 40 second mark. View attachment 1014607

Welcome! And what a great first post!

I've grabbed a better screenshot of that video, it's definitely a swoosh, well done!

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 12.45.56.png

Feel like Nike would just be photoshopped out at the moment so they can do a big reveal later on, can’t see a big club like the Swans needing to sell the space.

Here's another look at the collar stitching on the logo-less Nike guernsey – it's easier to see in grayscale.

View attachment 1014616
I do wonder whether the swans have sold the space?

Or, if they are waiting to officially ‘unveil’ Nike as their apparel partner at a later date and it’s been photoshopped out of the video. Looking at some of the twitter comments on the video, a few have obviously noticed the fact that ISC aren’t on the guernsey.

The swans strike me as the sort of club who would want to ensure their apparel partner is clearly seen on their guernseys etc. (I say that with no disrespect to any of the other clubs who choose to sell the space as it makes sense in the times we are currently living in).

I don't think there's been any Photoshopping per se. Nor would I suggest that Sydney would be wanting to hide the fact that they have arguably the most recognisable sports brand as their new manufacturer, so they won't be selling the space.

I think it's probably just a matter of the Swans asking Nike if they could make up a few prototype guernseys and training shirts without the Nike logo on it as their contract hasn't officially begun, but Sydney also don't want to be using old ISC gear with the old Sydney logo on a promotional video about the new logo – hence this in-between limbo period where they can't use anything Nike-branded.

They obviously didn't care too much about the shorts (and probably didn't think anyone would notice – we scoff at that suggestion.)

I actually was talking to Freo about moving back to WA for a designer gig they were advertising before my currently role popped up. Looks like I dodged a bullet there.

Awesome that you were able to lend them a hand. Were you remunerated? Looking forward to seeing the training jumper design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back