News New Jumpers for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I invite you to handle a 2017 player issue and then a 2018 player issue. The difference in quality is night and day.
The ISC PI's are super thin aren't they?

I've had friends run footy merchandise stores (mostly NRL) and they all flat out refuse to stock anything Nike related.

They wanted to sell Broncos merch few years back, and they had to deal directly with Nike.

Nike wanted the shops financials, the shop owners home loan, and any personal loans or debts. They refused to have any of their merch in any 'bargain bin' type sale, and if anything was reduced they were to be alerted. Any catalogue or advertising had to have them front and centre.

All this for one team.

The ISC PI's are super thin aren't they?

It’s not just the feeling of the Puma material (which is better) but the stitching (especially the GPS pouch, which are pretty haphazard on the ISCs) and also the printing of the ink. On the Pumas the printing is clear and crisp and on the ISCs it’s a bit “blurry” and there’s more edge bleeding between the different colours. It’s like the Puma guernseys are in 4K and the ISCs are in 720p.

It’s not just the feeling of the Puma material (which is better) but the stitching (especially the GPS pouch, which are pretty haphazard on the ISCs) and also the printing of the ink. On the Pumas the printing is clear and crisp and on the ISCs it’s a bit “blurry” and there’s more edge bleeding between the different colours. It’s like the Puma guernseys are in 4K and the ISCs are in 720p.
Interesting

I would agree with this. When you look up close on an ISC pi, there is a bit of an overlap of colours. Standing back they aren’t too bad; but certainly puma pi’s have A+ standard when it comes to printing, even in the retails it’s pretty good quality.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've had friends run footy merchandise stores (mostly NRL) and they all flat out refuse to stock anything Nike related.

They wanted to sell Broncos merch few years back, and they had to deal directly with Nike.

Nike wanted the shops financials, the shop owners home loan, and any personal loans or debts. They refused to have any of their merch in any 'bargain bin' type sale, and if anything was reduced they were to be alerted. Any catalogue or advertising had to have them front and centre.

All this for one team.
That would make sense why my manager at an AFL merch store thought it was a nightmare dealing with Nike. And to add to that, the stock was always late.

I see what you mean - really interesting

Do you know why this is? Material, printing press, inks? Just how it is?

Thanks for going to that effort

I would imagine it's mainly the material used, on the ISC material it feels more silky and shiny so like the ink might bleed a bit more in it, and the surface of the material is not as smooth/tightly stitched, so that might visually produce more of a 'blurry' effect. But not sure if the printer machines and the ink/dye used also come into play.

ISC can't even produce white guernseys that aren't see through and washed out.
Collingwood's jumpers looked disgusting this year.
View attachment 1016061

The only thing that ISC had going for them was that their templates weren't intrusive.
It is strange because our 2018-19 clash was pure white. Other teams also don’t have washed white on their guernseys. I think ISC do a really good job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon's 2020 gear will also be their 2021 gear going off club store.
1606019788422.png 1606019802786.png
etc

View attachment 1016487View attachment 1016489
etc

This is the worst Christmas ever.

- Collingwood having outer stripes inexplicably thinner than the middle stripe
1605942594116.png
I believe this was intended to somehow emulate the angled cut-off of the adidas stripes back in 2010, not idea how it's meant to look good or similar either way.

View attachment 1016487View attachment 1016489
etc
horrible. Absolutely horrible.

What is horrible about it? It's disappointing for sure but if it saves the club money it's not the worst the in the world
I think he means the jumper - it was a poorly thought out jumper with the placement of logos this year

I think he means the jumper - it was a poorly thought out jumper with the placement of logos this year
The indigenous and ANZAC kits were not the best this year (especially the ANZAC one), but there is nothing wrong with the home kit. The amart logo placement is better compared to the years before and when being worn the logos have worked well.

It will be interesting if the sponsorship logos will be switched around (as they normally would be)

The indigenous and ANZAC kits were not the best this year (especially the ANZAC one), but there is nothing wrong with the home kit. The amart logo placement is better compared to the years before and when being worn the logos have worked well.

It will be interesting if the sponsorship logos will be switched around (as they normally would be)
I disagree about the Amart logo - I thought making it into the sash was very, very clever

I was on the North shop today having a look at a few things as a gift for a mate - and they don't have this years jumper listed anywhere!
You can buy all of last years, including the V clash... don't know if this is anything to go by

I was on the North shop today having a look at a few things as a gift for a mate - and they don't have this years jumper listed anywhere!
You can buy all of last years, including the V clash... don't know if this is anything to go by
I thought they were going to continue with the 2020 kit. I know North were not happy with Canterbury, but couldn't see a replacement happen at this late in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back