News New Jumpers for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another type of look for the GWS Brisbane jumper and i am shocked with some of the responses with a lot of people liking the jumper. I just can't see it at all
That orange is elite, what they should have been using all along. The only positive I can think of for what has been such a huge downgrade for the Giants jumper.

Definitely a blood orange and black now. An upgrade on the colours. The angled side i'm not sure about yet.
There is a video fully showing off the new jumper on the gws facebook page, team photo day for anyone interested.

I wonder when we will see a pride kit in the afl
Sydney used one in there opening Marsh Community Match Last Year:

We have, haven’t we??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have not seen any mens afl game, from the regular season, that has featured a pride jupmer. Sydney had a pride training kit that they did use in the pre season against gws last year, the swans and saints also partake in a pride game but that has not featured a jumper design. There has been aflw pride game (bulldogs and Carlton) and will be a proper pride round in the aflw in rd2, as brucetiki has suggested, (rd 5 being indigenous). I know Essendon have had pride merchandise, and wouldn't be surprised if others have done the same.

I have not seen any mens afl game, from the regular season, that has featured a pride jupmer. Sydney had a pride training kit that they did use in the pre season against gws last year, the swans and saints also partake in a pride game but that has not featured a jumper design. There has been aflw pride game (bulldogs and Carlton) and will be a proper pride round in the aflw in rd2, as brucetiki has suggested, (rd 5 being indigenous). I know Essendon have had pride merchandise, and wouldn't be surprised if others have done the same.

St kilda have had pride coloured numbers so I think this and Sydney’s little design count as jumper designs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St kilda have had pride coloured numbers so I think this and Sydney’s little design count as jumper designs
take your point about the saints with the numbers being part of the kit. Not sure if the Swans have used said numbers, but may do so in 2021 with the saints wearing the rainbow socks. Cant really count the swans pride jumper as the qbe logo is front and center, and it hasnt been used within the main season. Will be intersting to see how the aflw pride kits are designed, and if any create a clash. Still would love to see Stk and the swans having bespoke pride designs like we have seen in the aflw pride game.

ba973da0640674bcddd53fa65df3de5b.jpg

Macron training kit looking good.
For anyone who might not know and is interested, the pattern’s taken from black diamond corner - a historical landmark in Port Adelaide. I’d love to see it as part of a third jumper.

C4169D96-D41D-47ED-AE5B-6C64BD99430F.jpeg

While it may not be a pride design, saints have had rainbow numbers in the pride game. That counts surely

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a captains run\training kit. Its definitely going to happen someday, I'm just curious when it will occur during the regular season.

Look at the video, No big QBE on the front it’s an actual playing jumper, not the training one they sell in the shop.

Look at the video, No big QBE on the front it’s an actual playing jumper, not the training one they sell in the shop.
Still not used within the regular season. I was looking at the article which featured the training kit.

My overall point was/is that it is suprising that a pride kit has not been used within the regular season pride game that will be in its 6th year in 2021. Of course it is fair to argue that rainbow numbers (on one sides jumper) do count, but this will be the third year with pride kits in the aflw along with a number of state and community based clubs.

Macron looks quite good. colours look fine, inoffensive template with no weird side or shoulder panels. my only complaint would be the massive collar. I don't know what it is with all these teams doing the ISC style collar. first Puma did it, then O'Neill's and Macron. I think Nike wins in the collar category this year.
Yeh I don’t agree, seems we’ve gone back to the Reebok days of black fabric looking brown/black, not jet black. 19A693C6-C32D-424C-ADCA-0AD4E485B03C.jpeg

Last edited:
yeah I have conceded that. My comment were overall in respect to having a full bespoke design as part of the match, rather than one in rainbow sock and one in rainbow numbers.

It was going to be worn in a home an away I believe, but got benched with covid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back