News New Jumpers for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah calendars are not much to go off at all. Hell, just went to the shops the other day and saw some 2021 Collingwood ones which had Adam Treloar on the front of them lol.

funny that if I asked the exact same question, I would have been ridiculed to no end...

No one was ridiculing you. As Cory said is not what you asked, it's how much you asked it.

No one here has an issue with you.

Yeah calendars are not much to go off at all. Hell, just went to the shops the other day and saw some 2021 Collingwood ones which had Adam Treloar on the front of them lol.

Well you will still be paying him in 2021, may as well get something from him 😉

Pleasantly surprised to see GWS and Puma together. With North going to them in 2022, they will have 3 clubs, and Nike 2. Will be interesting to see if Adidas pick up anymore going forward.

Last edited:

Well you will still be paying him in 2021, may as well get something from him 😉

Pleasantly surprised to see GWS and Puma together. With North going to them in 2022, they will have 3 clubs, and Nike 2. Will be interesting to see if Adidas pick up anymore going forward.
Who said North was going with puma?

Who said North was going with puma?
It's been growing legs around the traps here - no idea if it's wishful thinking that has caught wind or an actual inside word though

It's been growing legs around the traps here - no idea if it's wishful thinking that has caught wind or an actual inside word though
I would place it in the wishful thinking category until anything happens. I would like to say I do not know anything in regard to this matter. When is the Canterbury contract up anyway?

Wouldn't read much into the Collingwood post. It is a good possibility, but murmurings suggest it will be nike (the fact they have all been in different active wear helps this). I think someone in the clubs social media department thought it would be a good post (he probably is a puma sponsored player)

View attachment 1021598
Collingwood tweet photo of Pendles with Puma singlet and reference Usain Bolt (a puma athlete). Looks like Pies may be heading to Puma?
Puma was always the next in line behind Nike, I was even told late last year at the merch store that the Pies would be moving to Puma. I think I would need to see a lot more evidence before I started to believe. Pendles is personally sponsored by Puma so I doesn't surprise me that he would be repping their training gear.

Interesting comment I saw pop up on a Pies Instagram page tonight. Easy to dismiss the comment at first as a guess or rumour.

But I looked further into the person who made the comment and they have a history in apparel and the fashion industry. Currently a director for a Sports Group looking after team sports design and merchandise.
C53EE470-77A4-4A2A-842B-AB851B165FB1.jpeg

Interesting comment I saw pop up on a Pies Instagram page tonight. Easy to dismiss the comment at first as a guess or rumour.

But I looked further into the person who made the comment and they have a history in apparel and the fashion industry. Currently a director for a Sports Group looking after team sports design and merchandise.
View attachment 1021848
Well if it was big , as suggested, you would think the training facility (among others, including netball) would be included; similar to the man city deal with puma. With Nike being the most consistent mail, the Collingwood netball team and this guys history its looking very likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would place it in the wishful thinking category until anything happens. I would like to say I do not know anything in regard to this matter. When is the Canterbury contract up anyway?
contract's been torn up already, apparently we're using all the same gear this season unless we're able to fast track whoever's lined up for the next season. rumour around the north board is puma but honestly i don't remember the last time those * wits have started a rumour that actually had legs, so you'd be just as well off banking on Gray-Nicolls to come in and do our kits.

St Kilda's new gear is on the website.

The clash jumper doesn't have a front sponsor on it yet.

View attachment 1021986

And they are now selling the yellow training jumper but it looks like a different shade of yellow.

View attachment 1021988View attachment 1021989
That clash jumper looks crap with the sponsor missing and those massive shoulder panels, shame as it was one of my favourites in the league last year. Also, NB's black doesn't look all that great either, feels a but muddy but that could just be the potato they took these product shots on.

Ideally, Dare would move back to the traditional sponsor spot, and NB would take the traditional apparel spot.
I would say dare would be paying less then they were in 2019 as a major sponsor and new balance are paying somewhere between not much to getting paid by st kilda (they are just a supplier). I dont think it will happen.

Going from those images the St Kilda home jumper's white panel has been thinned back to what it was pre-2020 (no real overlap from the AFL or Deliveroo logos - the Deliveroo logo might be a little smaller going from its text placement to the sides of the logo).
Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 8.58.53 am.png Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 10.19.46 am.png

Also, this is the first time we've seen the New Balance template really effect a jumper design - it hasn't been noticeable given Melbourne has the solid red at the top, and it doesn't effect the solid colours on the Gold Coast jumpers. It's a shame that the shoulders are cut into so much, the clash jumper design (and the candy stripe designs) are much better for having the stripes go all the way up. We've had a similar occurrence across ISC templates with Candy Stripe #2, and the home jumper with ISC in 2016, but it wasn't as pronounced and the black collar and cuffs that year hid it a lot.

On the plus side, the tighter and thinner collar on the template will make it less like the ISC singlet, and also no more weird shiny material.

Basically the home jumper is very similar to the AFLW jumper:
En86PgZVQAExlom (2).jpeg

Edit: Looks like the cub has taken everything off that page for the moment. Probably a test given how low-res the training jumper images were. There's this one too, which The taipan had mentioned over the past few weeks.
Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 9.00.15 am.png

Last edited:
That clash jumper looks crap with the sponsor missing and those massive shoulder panels, shame as it was one of my favourites in the league last year. Also, NB's black doesn't look all that great either, feels a but muddy but that could just be the potato they took these product shots on.
I'm not a fan of the red they have used either.

The jumper was pretty perfect last season while the NB version looks inferior in every way.

The Saints 2021 home jumper is, sadly, probably the current front-runner for worst new kit of the year. I've always hated the thinner middle white panel as it makes it seem like an afterthought, and the black shoulder panel cutting off the red is particularly egregious.

I can understand why it has to be the case for the Cotton On women's guernseys, as I believe their shoulder panels are a type of mesh that might be hard to have in more than one colour, but to me it looks like New Balance's shoulder panels are essentially made of the same material as the body.

In that case, would it not be too hard to make the panel red on the front and black on the back? It's straight line sublimation – they're hardly splitting the atom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back