News New Jumpers for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some higher-res pics. The side panels are faux panels, as in the design doesn't follow the stitching. Which would lead to me calling it a 'wrap-around' or '5-stripe' design rather than saying they are side panels. A bit like the Pies clash jumper of the early 2010s. It also appears that the brown is the same colour across the board.

Home_4__94772.1607312136.jpg

Home_3__98124.1607312135.jpg

Home_1__75619.1607312135.jpg

Home_2__51103.1607312135.jpg
Big step up imo, this is what I wanted Collingwood to do with their jumpers. I still maintain that Hawthorn look best with a plain gold back but this looks really really good.

FFS, St Kilda are the only club that should have their logo on their guernsey.

Every other club needs to stop this experiment and ruining perfectly good jumpers.

Less is more you idiots.
I like Port doing it as sort of a hark back to the SANFL a days where every club had their logo on their jumper, however the low position (under the sponsor) looks awful for any team that isn’t St Kilda.

I like Port doing it as sort of a hark back to the SANFL a days where every club had their logo on their jumper, however the low position (under the sponsor) looks awful for any team that isn’t St Kilda.
Port's new logo should have been a roundel for this reason. The connection you are making here would have been far more pronounced I think, with all the SANFL logos being on that template back in the day much like VFL ones on the shield. Hope the crows do a roundel when we finally ditch the raven.

I know everyone's saying 'except St Kilda' when it comes to club logos on jumpers, but I really think this works

geelong-cats-captain-joel-selwood-poses-during-the-afl-captains-media-picture-id164029637
If its been on the kit for long enough, it ends up working. When it is first put on people will probably not like it.

I'm still waiting for St Kilda's to start working. The presence of the crest has never stopped their jumper from being the second-worst traditional VFL design. And nowadays it isn't executed in the historically accurate fashion so, like every other club, they shouldn't even bother.

Hawthorn's side panels will look stupid when the jumper is worn by a person, worse than North Melbourne's thumbstripes imo.

I gotta ask, why is the logo generally only accepted for St Kilda? Is it the logo itself? Or something else I'm missing
It is accepted because it's been there for so long, no other reason. You can read the backstory about it on their website, if you're unfamiliar and curious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pepper money confirmed for “the upper back” of saints guernsey. Still waiting for the second sponsor but saints look to be holding onto the upper back sponsor from this year.

Pepper back Saints community
https://www.saints.com.au/news/841272
The AFL have let the cat out of the bag re: sponsors

We will never get it back

The AFL have let the cat out of the bag re: sponsors

We will never get it back
Idiots - St Kilda are now allowed to have four sponsors on guernsey instead of the standard two. Ridiculous.
Front under collar sponsor should not be allowed at all, should just be upper back if club is having extra sponsor. Saints fans should be kicking up a fuss over their guernsey becoming a NRL-esque billboard rather than over the white being slightly too thin

Last edited:
I gotta ask, why is the logo generally only accepted for St Kilda? Is it the logo itself? Or something else I'm missing
I think it works well for St Kilda and Geelong because they have really classic timeless logos. (The full cat logo, not the shitty cat head logo) they remind me of most European soccer logos. I think we can look at these two logos 50 years in the future and still think theyre good logos. That's the problem with a lot of footy team logos. In a couple of years they will look dated. I also think Freo, Ports new one, Carlton and Collingwood now have pretty good timeless logos imo

Port's new logo should have been a roundel for this reason. The connection you are making here would have been far more pronounced I think, with all the SANFL logos being on that template back in the day much like VFL ones on the shield. Hope the crows do a roundel when we finally ditch the raven.

This is the exact reason why I’m glad we didn’t do a roundel, it’s not unique to Port at all. Also I don’t think they make any sense in an Aussie Rules context because it’s not a round ball sport.

Have created a new Adidas 2021 jumper template and put the Hawthorn jumper into it. Made a few alterations to how the jumper looks. With the removal of the club logo from the front, recolouring the neck insert brown, recolouring the side panels all gold and adding the club monogram to the middle back stripe, we could have a great jumper.

vUQEh1i.png

About the club logos on jumpers, one club has had to logo on the jumper longer than St.Kilda. Carlton has, in the middle of the jumper. Also Fitzroy and now Brisbane have a club logo on the jumper. You could say Sydney has one as well, but we have learnt the it is the feathers of a swan and not the Sydney Opera House so they don't owe money.

The putting of club logos onto club jumpers would be for putting the clubs mark on the jumper. All Geelong jumpers with the Cats logo on it are Geelong jumpers, those without the logo are just plain blue and white hooped jumpers. With the AFL giving local clubs free usage of AFL jumpers and logos, clubs have to mark there jumpers a certain way to show that they are the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back