News New Jumpers for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
was just doing some quick maths.
13 different apparel sponsors spread out over 18 teams with puma (3 clubs) nike (2 clubs) and new balance (2 clubs) as the only apparel sponsors with multiple teams

13 different apparel sponsors though, that has to be some sort of record for the number of different apparel sponsors involved with AFL clubs?

13 is in fact the record, beating the previous best of 11 from 2005. Good opportunity for me to update and post the timeline actually. I have also created a second timeline removing the clubs and duplicates to more easily show which manufacturers were involved each season.

Manufacturer Timeline.png

Manufacturer Timeline No Clubs.png

13 is in fact the record, beating the previous best of 11 from 2005. Good opportunity for me to update and post the timeline actually. I have also created a second timeline removing the clubs and duplicates to more easily show which manufacturers were involved each season.

I don't think Bulldogs weren't sponsored by Mizuno in 2005, rather some noname brand 'Azuma'
1610542194528.png

I don't think Bulldogs weren't sponsored by Mizuno in 2005, rather some noname brand 'Azuma'
View attachment 1040165
Clearer image:
western-bulldogs-best-and-fairest-scott-west-photographed-march-7-at-picture-id539569433

View attachment 1040165

Argh yes you are quite correct. I've had this pointed out to me before, but obviously I never updated my spreadsheet. Have made the correction and re-upped.

Interestingly, the Azuma kits actually still had Concept Sports logos on the jock tag and shorts. I'm thinking possibly Azuma were an offshoot/sub-brand that CS were trying to get off the ground.

1610543643372.png

Argh yes you are quite correct. I've had this pointed out to me before, but obviously I never updated my spreadsheet. Have made the correction and re-upped.

Interestingly, the Azuma kits actually still had Concept Sports logos on the jock tag and shorts. I'm thinking possibly Azuma were an offshoot/sub-brand that CS were trying to get off the ground.

View attachment 1040179

Pretty sure Richmond's 2006 Hummel gear was also still Concept Sports but 'rebadged'. As you can see 2005 Concept guernsey and 2006 Hummel guernsey are very similar. Bit of a weird situation with the whole Concept company.
1610543865053.png
1610543976864.png

absolutely amazing work
for hypothetical sakes. which 5 apparel sponsors would you bring in soo each team had it’s own unique sponsor?

this would be mine

1. Kappa
2. Champion
3. Erreà
4. Le Coq Sportif
5. Umbro

was trying to think of brands that have never had an affliation with an AFL Club
but could always have 2XU, Reebok & FILA come back into the league

Both Nike and Adidas apparently saw heap of potential in Freo in the mid/late 90's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These look good.
How thick is the fabric ? Look almost like an NBA Jersey with the breathability.

View attachment 1040472

Where the hell do the outer stripes go? On this photo of the guernseys at the shop the outer stripes do not get cut off by the ‘cuffs’. Very odd.

Attachments

• 92DF7B97-9DED-435F-8A7D-B024F26383F0.jpeg
    92DF7B97-9DED-435F-8A7D-B024F26383F0.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 155
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back