News New Jumpers for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually liked how the g was stylised. I would have e really enjoyed a kit change, rather than straightening the lines and g. Also, why do you bother with an orange clash kit when you will still need to wear a white kit. It's just putrid.

Also Canberra is essentially a sponsor

The wrong expansion side got the new designs.

Don't get me wrong, the home looks fine from the front, but they've had a winning design for the past 10 years, and now they've become boring. The G is also not as big as a team called the Giants should have it. 🤷‍♂️

Castore has ruined the Storm jumper, the Castore Eagles stiching looks like it'll rip off after one tackle, ISC Why did you die for this?

Gws redesign feels very amateur. Could just be the Heath Shaw video though which was very cringe.

As for the eagles, f me we have a history of sh1t side panels. Horrible!

Missed opportunity for GWS, I still think they should go with a hoops or vee design as a nod to Sydney's sporting past. Thank god they're not going to wear Orange shorts with their new clash guernsey

I like the change to the front of the home, hopefully it fixes the awful side panel thing they had going on. The back definitely needed to be charcoal though so that they could have a proper dark kit. It doesn’t even have to be all charcoal just mostly, it would look mint with a bit of orange at the top a la Brisbane/Melbourne.

The clash is ok but the outline is unnecessary. It would look a lot stronger with charcoal collar/cuffs too. Maybe a pattern through the orange could’ve been worked too, idk just something to make it interesting.

The tiny thin line around the G on the clash jumper might be my new most hated design element in the AFL (overtaking the GC Suns back bib, which I still despise).

It’s a bit like the Tigers having white outlines with black numbers on their yellow clash jumper – it’s totally unnecessary. At least they are somewhat thick however – this G outline looks like someone did a “Place Object” and forgot to get rid of the 0.5pt stroke. And designers get paid for this stuff!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

charcoal back with orange numbers pops so well, it looks elite. if GWS went with their new home jumper but a back like this, it would automatically become one of my favourite jumpers in the league. huge opportunity missed
zHLkSloj.jpeg

The white Puma logo is really bothering me.

The Giants have lost something really cool and unique with this refresh. Their original jumper never got enough love as a successful modern take on a traditional idea, even if it was constantly let down by execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back