News New Jumpers for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

'twas a joke my good sir
But the joke doesn't really make sense, hence the confusion. Are you saying Collingwood don't wear white shorts? Collingwood don't wear white shorts away? Or that they look like an expansion club? Or that we don't look like an actual club?

Nice close look of the back of the new Adelaide guernsey
83e0079354b0ac81ff7caad5ce0709d8.jpg

Nice close look of the back of the new Adelaide guernsey
83e0079354b0ac81ff7caad5ce0709d8.jpg
I don’t think I’ve ever seen this jumper without the white stroke on the numbers so it’ll take a bit of getting used to but I know it’s for the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The use of the pb is reportedly being discussed with the afl

Edit: this is from a fb suggested post from "Afl scores and news" which was posted 6 days ago. Quoting a nine Adelaide reporter Warren Tredrea.

The use of the pb is reportedly being discussed with the afl

Edit: this is from a fb suggested post from "Afl scores and news" which was posted 6 days ago. Quoting a nine Adelaide reporter Warren Tredrea.

I'm led to believe the club has the AFLs approval for Showdown use...

That is all that is wished by the club at this stage imo.

I would think if the afl said you can wear it at all games in sa they would jump at the chance.

Not necessarily. The club only really wants them for heritage matches or anniversaries and Showdowns.

Not necessarily. The club only really wants them for heritage matches or anniversaries and Showdowns.
More suggesting that if the afl said to them that they can use the pb at every game that is played in sa or even to use it as a home jumper no matter what they would jump at the chance (not suggesting that any of those cases are good or bad).

My post was agreeing that they only wish to use the jumper in showdowns that are played in south Australia, which the club has been openly stating.

More suggesting that if the afl said to them that they can use the pb at every game that is played in sa or even to use it as a home jumper no matter what they would jump at the chance (not suggesting that any of those cases are good or bad).

My post was agreeing that they only wish to use the jumper in showdowns that are played in south Australia, which the club has been openly stating.
I only just remembered this because me and a few mates were reminiscing about schoolies but in 2017 I had a port player help me with my year 12 research project as it was based on the AFL and SANFL. Since then we have been in touch and we've chatted about the prison bars a few times. He said the common vibe around the club is they don't want to wear the PB full time because they feel like it's such an honour wearing it on special occasions and if they wear it full time, the legend will wear off. He says the club reintroduced the number panel as compromise for the PB. I don't really agree with that but at the same time, if Port were a bottom of the ladder team with only one AFL flag, I can understand their point of view. He did say that if port win a flag or two real soon, he thinks the vibe will change quickly and the club would probably try their hardest to get the PB weekly.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I actually like the sentiment of wearing it in showdowns or special occasions (anniversary of flags etc).

Ports identity now is the power with the teal not the magpies with the bars.

Remember your heritage but embrace your progress.

And that's the sentiment amongst normal thinking AFL and Port fans.

But there is a misconception that we want them full time and all the time and want the Magpies moniker in the AFL. In a perfect world it would be nice (English soccer comes to mind) but it's not what we want. We want to remember and acknowledge our heritage and history, nothing more.

I mean I’d take the PBs full time, but we currently have arguably the best home jumper in the league right now so not all is bad. I don’t reckon a Port fan could complain if we had the PBs for Showdowns, ANZAC round, one premiership anniversary and finals, that’s anywhere between 4 and 8 uses in a year which is great.

I mean I’d take the PBs full time, but we currently have arguably the best home jumper in the league right now so not all is bad. I don’t reckon a Port fan could complain if we had the PBs for Showdowns, ANZAC round, one premiership anniversary and finals, that’s anywhere between 4 and 8 uses in a year which is great.

Remove the number panel then you can talk

Remove the number panel then you can talk
The number panel is great, it's distinctively Port Adelaide as well. Remove it and it's like I'm watching St Kilda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back