News New Jumpers for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please lets keep discussion to actual confirmations, legitimate news items and credible leaks only. Remember that any of your own design ideas do not belong in this thread, but are to go in the Jumper Ideas thread.

A change will not be considered to be confirmed until it has either been announced by the club or leaked by a retailer.

If you do come across some information, please make sure to post your sources with any confirmed releases, and clearly state any rumours or leaks.

Cheers, and enjoy!

REMINDER: TROLLS WHO DELIBERATELY POST FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION WILL BE CARDED

Adelaide
New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing Optus) - Confirmed 28/8/21.

Brisbane Lions

Carlton

Collingwood

New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing CGU) - Confirmed 9/2/21; Source.

Essendon

Fremantle

Geelong

Gold Coast

Greater Western Sydney

Hawthorn

Melbourne

North Melbourne

New Manufacturer - Puma - Confirmed 28/10/21; Source.
New home jumper - return to white base - Rumoured; Source.
New away/clash jumper - rumoured to be Bounding Roo; Source.

Port Adelaide

Richmond

New Front Sponsor - nib (moves from back to front) - Confirmed 18/10/21; Source.
New Back Sponsor - Latitude - Confirmed 5/11/20; Source.

St Kilda

Sydney

West Coast

Western Bulldogs

Last edited:
I wasn't a big fan of Nike this year and their shorts also seem to be made of some sort of crinkling material. To be fair though it's their first foray into AFL in a bit, so they may build upon/improve next year.

Supporters gear and training kits were classy though (for the Pies anyway).
I definitely noticed this at VFL games where you can get up close. Shorts looked thin and yeah, crinkled...not a good look.

They haven’t done a great job although it was better than the last year of the Carlton deal. The retails aren’t the best either especially the lack of cuffs on the replica guernseys!
Couldn't agree more. The lack of cuffs really annoys me.

Couldn't agree more. The lack of cuffs really annoys me.

I’ll second that.

whilst it’s not a complete deal breaker I can’t see myself buying a replica jumper for us if they continue to look like how they did this year.

Worldwide. I know they're waiting for the Optus deal to end before they announce it, so expect something in October (from memory isn't this the end of the AFL Financial year?)
What industry do they work within? Yeah I think October 31 is end of year, Geelong has done October 1 for there deals previously.

The Nike retails are fantastic quality. Very nice material and good colours.
If you want to rag on poor retails aim at Classic and Castore instead.
They did do some odd stuff like change the retail swans heritage and remove the cuffs, which was disappointing.

The store vs the PI
1631086808759.png 1631086841711.png

Also noone cares about Classic other than their training kit

The current Puma template has a self collar, the material is folded, re-inforced and sewn.
So the collars on the Carlton & Richmond Home and Away jumpers are both the same colour collar as the body.
If North go with a White jumper with Blue stripes, then they'd have a White collar, which I think will look weird.

if the north to puma rumours are true, i hope so. our guernsey looks great with a neck bar
View attachment 1214119
Strongly agree. The manufacture logo or even better the club logo should be in a half hexagon collar, not below/outside the collar. it's a nice tidy look. It also worked really well with The Adelaide Crows 2003 uniform, Port Adelaide and Richmond's NIKE guernseys.
20030330000017470536-original-850x455.jpg gettyimages-996207-1024x1024.jpg r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
Richmond's is the best with the club logo in the half hexagon collar.

The current Puma template has a self collar, the material is folded, re-inforced and sewn.
So the collars on the Carlton & Richmond Home and Away jumpers are both the same colour collar as the body.
If North go with a White jumper with Blue stripes, then they'd have a White collar, which I think will look weird.
They could extend the stripes onto the collar (designs have been on this Puma collar before)
1631138219373.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Puma could just print a blue collar into the material? Up close it would be obvious but most wouldn’t notice on the field.

They could. I feel like with this current template it would look a bit tacky.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
I’m not sure what you guys all think, but I think the 2020- puma template isn’t as strong as the 2017-19 one. Thoughts? Does anyone reckon puma will change in the next couple of years also? Seems that they change templates every 3 or so years.

I’m not sure what you guys all think, but I think the 2020- puma template isn’t as strong as the 2017-19 one. Thoughts? Does anyone reckon puma will change in the next couple of years also? Seems that they change templates every 3 or so years.

I agree. Loved Richmond's kits 2017-19

I actually hope Richmond, GWS, Carlton and whoever Puma makes the jumpers for should return to the V collar with a neck bar, like most clubs in the early 2000s
Richmond2-2005.gif

Very interesting to read that North are now claiming that the AFL basically told them to switch to the inverse jumper full time... Which is not the line they used intially.
Anyone actually have knowledge of them saying that or is it just from the norf fan forum article?

Anyone actually have knowledge of them saying that or is it just from the norf fan forum article?
Just that article.

The official line at the time was that they thought their fans were too dumb to tell who was the home team and who was the away team because of the shorts.

Just that article.

The official line at the time was that they thought their fans were too dumb to tell who was the home team and who was the away team because of the shorts.
I'm pretty sure they even Tweeted that as the reason for the change

Richmond and Jeep could potentially end one of the stranger contracts in modern times

Originally signed up because the Aus Head of Jeep was a mad Tiger, he left and the new guy knew sweet fu** all about AFL and wanted to pull it, but sort of kept at it because we had established a partnership and then we won 2017, didn't do a great deal of cross over work until about 3 weeks ago with a Jeep anniversary.

As far as I know no one knows when it was extended to, there is a lot of guess work - so potentially watch this space, or don't...
Yes it looks like a "lap of honour" around recent Club digital promotion re Jeep. Could there be some movement of an existing sponsor to a more prominent asset?

Haere Ra

Yes it looks like a "lap of honour" around recent Club digital promotion re Jeep. Could there be some movement of an existing sponsor to a more prominent asset?

Haere Ra
For those unaware, you should usually read between the lines of a KiwiTiger post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back