Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Please lets keep discussion to actual confirmations, legitimate news items and credible leaks only. Remember that any of your own design ideas do not belong in this thread, but are to go in the Jumper Ideas thread.

A change will not be considered to be confirmed until it has either been announced by the club or leaked by a retailer.

If you do come across some information, please make sure to post your sources with any confirmed releases, and clearly state any rumours or leaks.

Cheers, and enjoy!

REMINDER: TROLLS WHO DELIBERATELY POST FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION WILL BE CARDED

Adelaide
New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing Optus) - Confirmed 28/8/21.

Brisbane Lions

Carlton

Collingwood

New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing CGU) - Confirmed 9/2/21; Source.

Essendon

Fremantle

Geelong

Gold Coast

Greater Western Sydney

Hawthorn

Melbourne

North Melbourne

New Manufacturer - Puma - Confirmed 28/10/21; Source.
New home jumper - return to white base - Rumoured; Source.
New away/clash jumper - rumoured to be Bounding Roo; Source.

Port Adelaide

Richmond

New Front Sponsor - nib (moves from back to front) - Confirmed 18/10/21; Source.
New Back Sponsor - Latitude - Confirmed 5/11/20; Source.

St Kilda

Sydney

West Coast

Western Bulldogs

Last edited:
Hopefully they just do it right

I feel the bounding roo has been butchered a bit and stagnated in its roll out since it came back
4 stripe bounding roo is easily the superior of the two
1633605375843.png
1633605476195.png

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah GWS is problematic, it was Sydney I was defending.

I simply can't agree that the bounding roo in 2019 was effective against Geelong. It was just a complete mish-mash of blue and white, with both teams sporting blue numbers on a white base for added clash-iness. Change North to a full blue back and blue shorts with Geelong in white shorts and the contrast improves immensely. Its far better watching these teams with North in their current home kit.

Yeah, we should keep the all blue kit around even if it's just for the Geelong matchup, they've been wearing it against Geelong in pretty much every game even before it became the home jumper. I don't think they need to change the bounding roo to accommodate this matchup, there's no rule that says you can only have one away jumper.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Yeah, we should keep the all blue kit around even if it's just for the Geelong matchup, they've been wearing it against Geelong in pretty much every game even before it became the home jumper. I don't think they need to change the bounding roo to accommodate this matchup, there's no rule that says you can only have one away jumper.

Yeah if they wanted to use the OG bounding roo as a general away jumper, then had a predominately blue design (V jumper maybe?) as a clash that would still be a good outcome.

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars

this one's fine

That was one of my favourite North jumpers. The mainly blue one from around 2012-14. Unfortunately in recent years they've completely butchered, logos in weird places, pinstripes (I love Collingwood's pinstripes but Norths are way too fat), and it's on a weird template.

Hopefully Puma can fix up North's set next year.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think there may be a rule you can only have so many different jumpers in one year? Someone will know.

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
I think there may be a rule you can only have so many different jumpers in one year? Someone will know.

In the NRL it's about 5 (Wests Tigers ended up wearing 6 different jerseys this year) and there's restrictions on what jerseys can be sold to the public. It was brought to everyone's attention after the Wests Tigers unveiled their Tommy Raudonikis memorial jersey earlier this year and was explained in the Rugby League/Union kits thread back in May

I don't know, as I put in brackets I would guess teams can only sell x number of retail jerseys a year - would guess it's around the 5 mark (home, away, special/heritage/charity/etc., ANZAC, indigenous). WT have already got 3 listed - home, away, ANZAC on Roar Store.

And again by Western Suburbs who mention there is licensing rules

I assume it's similar in the AFL if the rule exists

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In the NRL it's about 5 (Wests Tigers ended up wearing 6 different jerseys this year) and there's restrictions on what jerseys can be sold to the public. It was brought to everyone's attention after the Wests Tigers unveiled their Tommy Raudonikis memorial jersey earlier this year and was explained in the Rugby League/Union kits thread back in May

And again by Western Suburbs who mention there is licensing rules

I assume it's similar in the AFL if the rule exists

Thanks. They sometimes have some great jumpers in the NRL, especially older classic designs. And then destroy them with the advertising on the front. It’s their ‘professional’ attitude against all things rugby union but goes too there on their jumpers. We are going down that path in the AFL but not as bad…yet.

fegz222

Senior List
Aug 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Thanks. They sometimes have some great jumpers in the NRL, especially older classic designs. And then destroy them with the advertising on the front. It’s their ‘professional’ attitude against all things rugby union but goes too there on their jumpers. We are going down that path in the AFL but not as bad…yet.

SANFL and WAFL jumpers are definitely there already. They’re basically just billboards now.

I would hope that the AFL never arrives at that point. It’ll be a sad day if so.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Hey all, prob to late to change 2022 jumpers.
But I’d love for everyone to check this out and get rid of the horrible GC suns home jersey

thanks 🙏🏽

I think the general consensus is the whole brand needs a refresh, not just the kit itself. Change the GC change the world imho

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
The Victorian you disagree but provide no feedback, do you like the current logo? It could definitely do with some love
I’ve made my opinion pretty clear in the past (this isn't criticising you btw) We don’t need to change the branding. Our current logo is an adaption of our inaugural VFL logo so it’s got some history albeit brief. We also have some things we need to work on and wasting money on a rebrand is not one of those

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
I’ve made my opinion pretty clear in the past (this isn't criticising you btw) We don’t need to change the branding. Our current logo is an adaption of our inaugural VFL logo so it’s got some history albeit brief. We also have some things we need to work on and wasting money on a rebrand is not one of those
i don't hate the logo, i just think i would like it more if it wasn't front and center on our guernsey. just looks a bit odd, a more unique (or traditional) design i think would be more appealing to newer fans.

Not a new jumper but hoping this is a subtle hint at something 🤞. Going by the slogan and use of the logo, It would've made sense if the swooping merch were on sale instead of the jumpers
View attachment 1258254
Maybe cause it's magpie swooping season? Like isn't Spring when the all swoop us? but I would hope its the swooping magpie for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back