News New Jumpers for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please lets keep discussion to actual confirmations, legitimate news items and credible leaks only. Remember that any of your own design ideas do not belong in this thread, but are to go in the Jumper Ideas thread.

A change will not be considered to be confirmed until it has either been announced by the club or leaked by a retailer.

If you do come across some information, please make sure to post your sources with any confirmed releases, and clearly state any rumours or leaks.

Cheers, and enjoy!

REMINDER: TROLLS WHO DELIBERATELY POST FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION WILL BE CARDED

Adelaide
New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing Optus) - Confirmed 28/8/21.

Brisbane Lions

Carlton

Collingwood

New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing CGU) - Confirmed 9/2/21; Source.

Essendon

Fremantle

Geelong

Gold Coast

Greater Western Sydney

Hawthorn

Melbourne

North Melbourne

New Manufacturer - Puma - Confirmed 28/10/21; Source.
New home jumper - return to white base - Rumoured; Source.
New away/clash jumper - rumoured to be Bounding Roo; Source.

Port Adelaide

Richmond

New Front Sponsor - nib (moves from back to front) - Confirmed 18/10/21; Source.
New Back Sponsor - Latitude - Confirmed 5/11/20; Source.

St Kilda

Sydney

West Coast

Western Bulldogs

Last edited:
I assume the actual swooping magpie itself was designed by someone at Adidas? If so, do Collingwood/AFL now own the rights to it as some sort of alternate logo? Couldn’t imagine Collingwood would be able to use it in any capacity if it was Adidas IP.
From my understanding it was designed by Adidas, but Collingwood/AFL complete own the rights which is why they are starting to throw it on all this merch now. I feel like if the club can push Nike, it will probably get done. They know there's huge demand for it, and I can't see Nike being the kind of company who wouldn't put their pride aside for a quick buck.

Most likely a placeholder, but here's a shot of the new logo on the front of the jumper from a membership email.View attachment 1261215
I haven't seen this email myself, but our man in the know has suggested that NIB to the front, Latitude to the back

I misread his posts originally as the opposite.

I would love to see NIB just do black writing on the sash, but in today's world I'll take whatever money is being offered

Does that assume that latitude and nib are now alternating between home and away?
I hope not, that irritates me, no idea why

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So here's the full story. Early last year I had made up a couple swooping magpie training designs (see attached) and these were sent to a guy named Paul on a Collingwood Jumper Facebook Page. Paul, being a collector for some time, had extensive contacts from within the club and so he sent these designs in.
Fast-forward about halfway through the season and Paul received an email saying the club really liked the designs he sent in and were looking to actually use them going into 2021. This was before the whole Nike fiasco though and so when that went down the club was still eager to use the design but according to Paul he was informed that Nike had shot it down as they 'didn't want to use what they perceived to be an Adidas design'. So it's 100% on the end of Nike as far as I understand, because everything we heard from the club sounded positive up until Nike came along. The fact that they've started selling all this 'Swoop' merch right around the time I sent had sent in my designs showed that something was going to happen at one point. Whether that's training jumper or an actual playing jumper im not too sure.
great insight, thanks!

Not jumper related but Dusty & Vlasuin co-captains in 2022?
In grand final week two mates and I were planning to surf down Torquay with our Bulldog guernsey’s over our wetsuits. Lockdowns scuttled that plan. But Nick Vlastuin got to,and surfed pumping 6’plus Bells with a Bulldog guernsey over his wetsuit!

1634458124946.png
new logo incoming?
Crows having a 'flashback week' out of the blue, just a couple weeks before 2022 stuff is revealed.

I was gonna make the post on here the other day about how usually at the end of every season the Crows usually unveil the members gear for the next season in the last home game of the year, but they didn't this year. Then membership for 2022 properly launched and theres still no sign of it? Thought thats a little suspicious. Then I also observed our current logo has been appearing less and less in my members emails, with the Crow logo usually displayed at the end of the email being replaced with "Adelaide Football Club". Interesting.

Last edited:
Storm20 is correct.
Should be announced in a couple of weeks. Has been locked in since at least July.
any further hints you want to provide us? There is only one company I can think of with the information that has been provided.

btw storm20 is always correct

any further hints you want to provide us? There is only one company I can think of with the information that has been provided.

btw storm20 is always correct
Not at liberty to disclose. Any hints would make it bloody obvious.

View attachment 1262422
new logo incoming?
Crows having a 'flashback week' out of the blue, just a couple weeks before 2022 stuff is revealed.

I was gonna make the post on here the other day about how usually at the end of every season the Crows usually unveil the members gear for the next season in the last home game of the year, but they didn't this year. Then membership for 2022 properly launched and theres still no sign of it? Thought thats a little suspicious. Then I also observed our current logo has been appearing less and less in my members emails, with the Crow logo usually displayed at the end of the email being replaced with "Adelaide Football Club". Interesting.
It would be 25 years since 1997 so maybe there'll be a commemorative logo with this layout? (and yes I know technically it's not the exact logo of 1997 but I doubt people other than us would pick that up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back