Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Please lets keep discussion to actual confirmations, legitimate news items and credible leaks only. Remember that any of your own design ideas do not belong in this thread, but are to go in the Jumper Ideas thread.

A change will not be considered to be confirmed until it has either been announced by the club or leaked by a retailer.

If you do come across some information, please make sure to post your sources with any confirmed releases, and clearly state any rumours or leaks.

Cheers, and enjoy!

REMINDER: TROLLS WHO DELIBERATELY POST FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION WILL BE CARDED

Adelaide
New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing Optus) - Confirmed 28/8/21.

Brisbane Lions

Carlton

Collingwood

New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing CGU) - Confirmed 9/2/21; Source.

Essendon

Fremantle

Geelong

Gold Coast

Greater Western Sydney

Hawthorn

Melbourne

North Melbourne

New Manufacturer - Puma - Confirmed 28/10/21; Source.
New home jumper - return to white base - Rumoured; Source.
New away/clash jumper - rumoured to be Bounding Roo; Source.

Port Adelaide

Richmond

New Front Sponsor - nib (moves from back to front) - Confirmed 18/10/21; Source.
New Back Sponsor - Latitude - Confirmed 5/11/20; Source.

St Kilda

Sydney

West Coast

Western Bulldogs

Last edited:

DylanK

HOF Benchwarmer
Aug 5, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jun 23, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA dodgers LA Kings Melbourne Aces
From my understanding it was designed by Adidas, but Collingwood/AFL complete own the rights which is why they are starting to throw it on all this merch now. I feel like if the club can push Nike, it will probably get done. They know there's huge demand for it, and I can't see Nike being the kind of company who wouldn't put their pride aside for a quick buck.
exactly they wont use it because there more keen on making there own designs and wont use a rival brands desgin for the sake of pies and swooping pie fans, even though isc were keen on it and apearntly had it planned

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Suitcase wearing a new kit manufacturer at Harry's graduation?
Bez has cut his hair and therefore will have no strength this coming year?
Half-life 3 all but confirmed?
245977552_10165681504855173_4496333005951623994_n.jpg

Guernsey news is slow news

Jan 29, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 10.19.47 am.png

Appears to be the 2022 Hawthorn home jumper - apologies for the quality, was found on a membership communication.

Obvious changes appear to be the 'Tasmania' sponsorship to 'Tasmanian', ending the 15-year blue 'Tasmania' logo.

Also, could we be seeing a return of the all gold back? There were rumours of it returning a few years ago - perhaps a new look for the Mitchell era.

seaforthswan

glebegreyhound
Apr 18, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
UTS Bats, Manly Marlins
View attachment 1265486
Appears to be the 2022 Hawthorn home jumper - apologies for the quality, was found on a membership communication.

Obvious changes appear to be the 'Tasmania' sponsorship to 'Tasmanian', ending the 15-year blue 'Tasmania' logo.

Also, could we be seeing a return of the all gold back? There were rumours of it returning a few years ago - perhaps a new look for the Mitchell era.
I saw an N at first too, but surely its the Map icon the brand has always had but never appearing on the jumper before + new wordmark
tas.png

cogs2hawks

Team Captain
Jul 30, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
View attachment 1265486

Stripes are cut off at the seam, last season they overlapped to the back.

Assuming this is to make more room for the KFC sponsor, as it sat on the stripes last season and looked messy. Hopefully the KFC sponsor is sublimated rather than ironed on for next season, did my head in this season.

It seems a strange way to brand themselves

Tasmania makes sense, Tasmanian without the context of what is Tasmanian doesn't, you dig?

DylanK

HOF Benchwarmer
Aug 5, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
My understanding was that adidas wanted out.
View attachment 1265486

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
My understanding was that adidas wanted out.
Probably will stay on until the deal ends or someone can take over (for the same or more). Someone said on here the deal goes to 2024 I think.

The general concesous has been that Adidas will not be renewing.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Probably will stay on until the deal ends or someone can take over (for the same or more). Someone said on here the deal goes to 2024 I think.

The general concesous has been that Adidas will not be renewing.

Its not consensus its fact.

Confirmed by adidas CEO in March.
"In parallel to its outdoor foray, the Herzogenaurach-based company is retreating from several niche sports by ditching lacrosse and Australian Rules Football, and reducing its footprint in wrestling and cricket, where it is seeking licensing partners."

2022 will be adidas last year, as thats when contract with Hawks ends.

View attachment 1262422
new logo incoming?
Crows having a 'flashback week' out of the blue, just a couple weeks before 2022 stuff is revealed.

I was gonna make the post on here the other day about how usually at the end of every season the Crows usually unveil the members gear for the next season in the last home game of the year, but they didn't this year. Then membership for 2022 properly launched and theres still no sign of it? Thought thats a little suspicious. Then I also observed our current logo has been appearing less and less in my members emails, with the Crow logo usually displayed at the end of the email being replaced with "Adelaide Football Club". Interesting.
aaannnd it's back :(
Screenshot_20211024-161227_Facebook.jpg

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Its not consensus its fact.

Confirmed by adidas CEO in March.
"In parallel to its outdoor foray, the Herzogenaurach-based company is retreating from several niche sports by ditching lacrosse and Australian Rules Football, and reducing its footprint in wrestling and cricket, where it is seeking licensing partners."

2022 will be adidas last year, as thats when contract with Hawks ends.
Wasn't 100% on the dates thought I would overshoot with 24 being the intro of the new supplier, also was unaware of the official statement (hence the use of general concesous).

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
bizarre for AFC to troll its own fanbase by bringing back the old and much more loved logo for just a week, doesn't make sense
hopefully it was a tease for a new logo coming very soon

It makes perfect sense. They literally said at the start it was “Throwback Week” and then posted old photos and videos for the week. Its off season, there isn’t much else in the way of content and they wanted to keep their socials engaging.

Unfortunately a whole bunch of people read waaaaay too much into it and are now disappointed and feeling ripped off, when in actual fact the club delivered exactly what they advertised.

Lucky # 13

Draftee
Oct 11, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Wasn't 100% on the dates thought I would overshoot with 24 being the intro of the new supplier, also was unaware of the official statement (hence the use of general concesous).

I wouldn't be shocked if ADIDAS come back into AFL (and for that matter NRL) in a couple of years; Puma and Nike previously have both pulled the pin only to have a change in local CEO and subsequently their approach.
Reading about the licencing in wrestling/cricket I would be shocked in ADIDAS (or Nike for that matter) went down that path however it hasn't stopped NEW BALANCE and PUMA in recent years with both licencing local companies to sell to domestic/community teams and big leagues as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back