News New Jumpers for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please lets keep discussion to actual confirmations, legitimate news items and credible leaks only. Remember that any of your own design ideas do not belong in this thread, but are to go in the Jumper Ideas thread.

A change will not be considered to be confirmed until it has either been announced by the club or leaked by a retailer.

If you do come across some information, please make sure to post your sources with any confirmed releases, and clearly state any rumours or leaks.

Cheers, and enjoy!

REMINDER: TROLLS WHO DELIBERATELY POST FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION WILL BE CARDED

Adelaide
New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing Optus) - Confirmed 28/8/21.

Brisbane Lions

Carlton

Collingwood

New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing CGU) - Confirmed 9/2/21; Source.

Essendon

Fremantle

Geelong

Gold Coast

Greater Western Sydney

Hawthorn

Melbourne

North Melbourne

New Manufacturer - Puma - Confirmed 28/10/21; Source.
New home jumper - return to white base - Rumoured; Source.
New away/clash jumper - rumoured to be Bounding Roo; Source.

Port Adelaide

Richmond

New Front Sponsor - nib (moves from back to front) - Confirmed 18/10/21; Source.
New Back Sponsor - Latitude - Confirmed 5/11/20; Source.

St Kilda

Sydney

West Coast

Western Bulldogs

Last edited:
I wouldn't be shocked if ADIDAS come back into AFL (and for that matter NRL) in a couple of years; Puma and Nike previously have both pulled the pin only to have a change in local CEO and subsequently their approach.
Reading about the licencing in wrestling/cricket I would be shocked in ADIDAS (or Nike for that matter) went down that path however it hasn't stopped NEW BALANCE and PUMA in recent years with both licencing local companies to sell to domestic/community teams and big leagues as well
There is always a chance to come back. New Balance deals in aus are through a licensing deal between new balance and belgravia which is why they picked up so many teams in the last 12 months. I think Adidas are open to similar deals. It will just depend on how much free roam the Australian ceo has and if sign off is able to be given from head office.

There is always a chance to come back. New Balance deals in aus are through a licensing deal between new balance and belgravia which is why they picked up so many teams in the last 12 months. I think Adidas are open to similar deals. It will just depend on how much free roam the Australian ceo has and if sign off is able to be given from head office.
Gonna be interesting with NB in regards to cricket. They just started sponsoring the teo domestic comps here and they’ve also lost both their international teams to castore. Wouldn’t be surprised if Australia signs with them after their contract with Asics is over

Gonna be interesting with NB in regards to cricket. They just started sponsoring the teo domestic comps here and they’ve also lost both their international teams to castore. Wouldn’t be surprised if Australia signs with them after their contract with Asics is over
I hate to say it because the designs have been pretty s**t sot far but nike would be a good chance. But nb would be also in the frame. Not sure when the asisc deal ends.

I wouldn't be shocked if ADIDAS come back into AFL (and for that matter NRL) in a couple of years; Puma and Nike previously have both pulled the pin only to have a change in local CEO and subsequently their approach.
Reading about the licencing in wrestling/cricket I would be shocked in ADIDAS (or Nike for that matter) went down that path however it hasn't stopped NEW BALANCE and PUMA in recent years with both licencing local companies to sell to domestic/community teams and big leagues as well
I reckon this is unlikely, I'd guess adidas would be super protective about their design & production quality. For sports like cricket you could get away with it to an extent, but the potential for weak collar or something that tears every other game, made by some third party is a risk that I'm not sure they would take.

I reckon this is unlikely, I'd guess adidas would be super protective about their design & production quality. For sports like cricket you could get away with it to an extent, but the potential for weak collar or something that tears every other game, made by some third party is a risk that I'm not sure they would take.

for about a decade it felt like every time a jumper got torn, it was one made by ISC. I remember incidents like Drew Petrie just tearing Steven Milne's jumper off his back like it was a sheet of paper, surely they're not supposed to tear that easily.

IMG_3731.JPG

Was in Jan so things might’ve changed, but looks like we’ll have a new legends jumper

Hopefully a new design, reckon it will be the same though, just honouring a different legend

It makes perfect sense. They literally said at the start it was “Throwback Week” and then posted old photos and videos for the week. Its off season, there isn’t much else in the way of content and they wanted to keep their socials engaging.

Unfortunately a whole bunch of people read waaaaay too much into it and are now disappointed and feeling ripped off, when in actual fact the club delivered exactly what they advertised.

True, it was such an unexpected and great thing to see so people like myself got too excited at the prospect of it or a similar logo returning. I still didn't expect a new logo after seeing that but I still raised the prospect in here, due to club unusually holding off all 2022 members merchandise.

If there is no new logo coming at least the hugely positive reception the club received on social media over bringing back the old logo even just for one week should have sent a strong message/kind reminder that the current logo is not overly liked.

But they definitely already knew that, changing the current logo to the GOAT logo and then quickly switching it back was always going to needlessly ruffle some feathers. They could have just done throwback week without doing that.

hasn't pre season training started already? shocked we haven't seen any new training wear to be honest.

November 1 is the start of the new afl year (as stated previously). Different clubs will start at different times due to where they finished in the season.
Use its proper name, thanks.

FJGD Christmas Day 😝

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back