News New Jumpers for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please lets keep discussion to actual confirmations, legitimate news items and credible leaks only. Remember that any of your own design ideas do not belong in this thread, but are to go in the Jumper Ideas thread.

A change will not be considered to be confirmed until it has either been announced by the club or leaked by a retailer.

If you do come across some information, please make sure to post your sources with any confirmed releases, and clearly state any rumours or leaks.

Cheers, and enjoy!

REMINDER: TROLLS WHO DELIBERATELY POST FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION WILL BE CARDED

Adelaide
New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing Optus) - Confirmed 28/8/21.

Brisbane Lions

Carlton

Collingwood

New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing CGU) - Confirmed 9/2/21; Source.

Essendon

Fremantle

Geelong

Gold Coast

Greater Western Sydney

Hawthorn

Melbourne

North Melbourne

New Manufacturer - Puma - Confirmed 28/10/21; Source.
New home jumper - return to white base - Rumoured; Source.
New away/clash jumper - rumoured to be Bounding Roo; Source.

Port Adelaide

Richmond

New Front Sponsor - nib (moves from back to front) - Confirmed 18/10/21; Source.
New Back Sponsor - Latitude - Confirmed 5/11/20; Source.

St Kilda

Sydney

West Coast

Western Bulldogs

Last edited:
I read someone say a while ago that crypto seller sponsors are the new dodgy chinese betting app sponsors and I think that's pretty spot on.
I feel like a better description would be those solar panel companies that popped up a good decade ago now, some are going to be great and some will just flop. Crypto.com is one of those really big companies that are a decent chance of existing over the long term, but we will see.

Haha I don't remember these? What were they?
Less of a phenomenon here but betting sponsors are huge in the EPL

s3-news-tmp-147154-untitled_design_4--default--1280.jpg

Just awaiting the announcement from the AFL that teams will now selling NFT's from the merch van outside the grounds. BYO USB

Maybe im a bit old man yells at cloud, or just out of touch, but crypto sponsorships just feel off to me. I feel it’s in the same category in my mind as gambling sponsors, though I don’t know why I think this way.
Bit Firepower-esque to me but I’m not sure why.

I don't see an issue with crypto sponsorships. I'd much rather them than gambling sponsorships. And at least with crypto you only lose your money if you're dumb about your investments (not to mention with enough patience you can usually recoup losses), whereas gambling you could be the smartest person on the planet but still lose it all because the house always wins.

I guess it's a bit tacky seeing them in the mainstream sponsorship lineup now but it's an open market at the moment with limitless potential so I don't blame them for trying to get in while the getting is good.

Last edited:
Bit Firepower-esque to me but I’m not sure why.
I mean, its not like there is anyone on the crows board who would would fall hook line and sinker for something like that, So I'm sure we're fine.

Leading the investment scramble was Mark Ricciuto, the captain of the Adelaide Crows Australian rules football team, and Wayne Carey, the former all-Australian captain.
There was the Australian high commissioner to Pakistan, Zorica McCarthy and the head of the Australian Defence Force, Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston, doctors, accountants, public servants, media figures and mum-and-dad speculators - in the end, more than 1300 of them.

Firepower shoved past giant corporations to become the single biggest sporting sponsor in the land. Its name was brashly displayed in boxing rings, on racecourses, on racing cars, on motorbikes - even on surfboards. Money was thrown at the Western Force Super 14 team and at household names such as the Wallaby star Matt Giteau. Johnston began sponsoring the Sydney Kings, Australia's best-known basketball team, and ended up buying the franchise.

Speaking of collars , is there a reason why clubs don’t want to rock the collared jumpers for their main home jumpers ? I know Geelong did it for 1 round in a retro style kit in 2019, but I don’t know why it’s not used more I think it looks absolutely sick. Would love to see it return

And at least with crypto you only lose your money if you're dumb about your investments (not to mention with enough patience you can usually recoup losses)
this doesn't sound like textbook gambling addict language at all

How? It's entirely possible to make your investment back with crypto but with gambling once you lose it you lose it.

It's just tiresome hearing the same boomer take that crypto trading = gambling when it could not be further from the truth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How? It's entirely possible to make your investment back with crypto but with gambling once you lose it you lose it.

It's just tiresome hearing the same boomer take that crypto trading = gambling when it could not be further from the truth.

Crypto trading is basically just a new version of the stock market, or regular currency trading. Stock/currency trading is not gambling, so nor is crypto trading.

At the risk of continuing to derail this thread (I blame AFC) - the act of trading crypto isn't necessarily gambling - though obviously there is an aspect of informed risk and the option to quite literally gamble just as there is when trading stocks...
However, the influx of crypto trading apps/services/et al is most definitely being marketed towards the same market as gambling, with almost note for note branding/advertising/lingo etc.
And owing to this influx, in my view off the back of people regretting that they didn't put in time/effort to better understand Bitcoin a decade ago, is the prevalence of easy to manage crypto wallets/apps/services like crypto.com/coinjar/blablabla - with these come grifters ('this is your LAST CHANCE to get in on this!') and fringe coins that have no real world application or prospect to ever have one - I think really these make up the vast majority of cryptocurrencies nowadays - and with such I am convinced are a bubble.

Anyway, I don't think it's the same as gambling, though maybe it's even more slimy to be sponsored by a barely-if-at-all regulated, and often little understood system that likes to advertise itself the same way gambling companies do.
I'm not an expert on the matter, but that's my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back