News New Jumpers for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi folks,

I know it's early but I was sent this this morning and it seems a good way to kick off the greatest yearly thread on BigFooty

Mods feel free to clean up this OP as other jumpers are released

First jumper:
20220922_111202.jpg

Never too early my friend ;)

Is it just me but does that yellow seem really rich and golden? Could also just be the lighting but I really dig it, really OG Eagles. Would be interesting to see the colour difference between that and Castore and ISC because I always found those to be too yellow and ended up looking washed out at times.

Only thing I hate is, you guess it, the template. Not sure what's up with manufacturers and making their templates cut well below the shoulder. The collar also leaves a lot to be desired but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, at least the Weagles are gonna get their kits on time, God-willing.

Would Castore be considered one of the biggest flops in history? I'm sure there has been worse but this thread is the highlight of my year so I'm happy to get the conversation going.

... I just remembered Star Athletic existed for a minute there.
Star were fine - people on this board don't like an unknown name for some reason

Castore however... they really ****ed up, which is strange as their association football kits are fine

Star were fine - people on this board don't like an unknown name for some reason

Castore however... they really *ed up, which is strange as their association football kits are fine
And the league kits are doing fine. Just west coast.

Castore however... they really *ed up, which is strange as their association football kits are fine
I really like my Wolverhampton Castore kit but I think they just haven't translated well to the AFL for some reason.

Hi folks,

I know it's early but I was sent this this morning and it seems a good way to kick off the greatest yearly thread on BigFooty

Mods feel free to clean up this OP as other jumpers are released

First jumper:
View attachment 1515366
I hope this is a prototype and that we aren’t regressing back to smaller wings. Guess we will see..

Would Castore be considered one of the biggest flops in history? I'm sure there has been worse but this thread is the highlight of my year so I'm happy to get the conversation going.

... I just remembered Star Athletic existed for a minute there.
At least Star actually supplied their jumpers

Never too early my friend ;)

Is it just me but does that yellow seem really rich and golden? Could also just be the lighting but I really dig it, really OG Eagles. Would be interesting to see the colour difference between that and Castore and ISC because I always found those to be too yellow and ended up looking washed out at times.

Only thing I hate is, you guess it, the template. Not sure what's up with manufacturers and making their templates cut well below the shoulder. The collar also leaves a lot to be desired but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, at least the Weagles are gonna get their kits on time, God-willing.

It’s a fantastic looking yellow in the flesh

Star's whole premise was that they ran a tight ship and could provide quality jumpers on the cheap without a big marketing budget etc. Sort of like the Aldi of the sporting world; just as the good as the big guys if you ignored the label.

Castore, on the other hand, were established to be a rival of the Nikes and Adidas's and all of the other big sporting brands with 100 years of history. They spent big money to be viewed as a luxury brand and it totally backfired on them when they couldn't deliver.

I've liked New Balance's range for St Kilda. I think next year we even get them with their logo in the right spots??

Star's whole premise was that they ran a tight ship and could provide quality jumpers on the cheap without a big marketing budget etc. Sort of like the Aldi of the sporting world; just as the good as the big guys if you ignored the label.

Castore, on the other hand, were established to be a rival of the Nikes and Adidas's and all of the other big sporting brands with 100 years of history. They spent big money to be viewed as a luxury brand and it totally backfired on them when they couldn't deliver.

I've liked New Balance's range for St Kilda. I think next year we even get them with their logo in the right spots??
With castore, from what I've seen, the only team they have had an issue with so far is west coast. There has been no issues in Europe and no issues with the roosters or storm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With castore, from what I've seen, the only team they have had an issue with so far is west coast. There has been no issues in Europe and no issues with the roosters or storm.
Define "issues". There was some early screw-ups with Rangers in Scotland and a small issue of supporter wear just being re-badged school jumpers.

Nonetheless, it's still mind-boggling that any international sports apparel company worth a damn can't produce an acceptable Aussie Rules kit.

Define "issues". There was some early screw-ups with Rangers in Scotland and a small issue of supporter wear just being re-badged school jumpers.

Nonetheless, it's still mind-boggling that any international sports apparel company worth a damn can't produce an acceptable Aussie Rules kit.
When O'neills came in I was initially skeptical, but there first season kits were great. The second season had a questionable collar, but overall really good-looking kits. Genuinely surprised O'neills out-guernseyed Castore.

Any clues as to who Hawthorn's new apparel provider will be? Adidas leaving has been on the cards for over a year, but I haven't heard one brand linked to them.

Any clues as to who Hawthorn's new apparel provider will be? Adidas leaving has been on the cards for over a year, but I haven't heard one brand linked to them.
As silly as it sounds, you can 100% take it to the bank that it’ll be Skechers. Numerous sources on the Hawks board have confirmed and I have also heard this too

As silly as it sounds, you can 100% take it to the bank that it’ll be Skechers. Numerous sources on the Hawks board have confirmed and I have also heard this too
I thought NB were the rumour?

When O'neills came in I was initially skeptical, but there first season kits were great. The second season had a questionable collar, but overall really good-looking kits. Genuinely surprised O'neills out-guernseyed Castore.
O'neills are such a good well established supplier 5 wasn't surprised with their quality. I'd be happy if they picked up more clubs...just go back to the previous collar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back