News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1933646

West Coast will wear a 1995 navy wings throwback in Gather Round vs Sydney.

Will be interesting to see if the gameday jumpers feature the retro AFL logo
As long as it is a one off and doesn't become a regular thing. I do like the navy but the royal is so much nicer.

As long as it is a one off and doesn't become a regular thing. I do like the navy but the royal is so much nicer.
Hopefully gather round becomes our annual retro guernsey game. Would be a perfect opportunity for us to wheel out the OG peril with royal shorts next year.

Yeah, this is awesome. The wings look a touch off – probably too deep and elongated – but given the constraints put forward by the neckline and collar sponsor, they’ve done fairly well.

Old-school logos are a neat touch too. We’ve seen it done with sponsors before, but never the league logo (the closest to an alteration was Collingwood turning the oval AFL logo black and white in 2017 for their 125th anniversary celebration… or lack thereof).

It’ll be interesting to see whether the 90s AFL logo makes an on-field appearance, and if so, whether that’s due to a change of heart from the league in restricting its use until now, or simply whether no other club has even thought to ask.

i feel they have mashed up the 80s and the 90s with that photoshot

In fairness, the 1990s here in terms of design etc was basically 5-10 years behind so they’re pretty bang on.

so thats adelaide & west coast confirmed to be wearing something special for gather round. any guesses as to how many other teams will wear something and if so who? i reckon collingwood could wear the new swoop again hopefully

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so thats adelaide & west coast confirmed to be wearing something special for gather round. any guesses as to how many other teams will wear something and if so who? i reckon collingwood could wear the new swoop again hopefully
I’m anticipating the Pies and Saints will go for the swoop and the stickman respectively, with both jumpers being possible against their opponents. Given Geelong did something subtle last year I think they’d be a chance to do it again this year. Surprisingly the Roos will be wearing the home jumper according to their guernsey schedule, would’ve thought the bounding roo was a good chance.
But seeing as though the Roos haven’t revealed their Good Friday jumper which is being worn in only 9 days time, I think there’s still some time for a couple more Gather Round reveals. Hope to see Port do something this time being from the host city, and Hawthorn have a retro jumper they haven’t revealed but since all the options were white or yellow based, they could certainly wear whatever wins in Gather around as well.

well they never actually wore it away if memory serves me right
are they notionally the home team at gather round?
Yes they’re the home team, and playing Sydney so they’ll definitely wear it with blue shorts. I had a look at footyjumpers.com and when they brought the jumper in as a home jumper, they had a royal blue version to wear in away games. However in 1998 and 1999 they ditched the royal blue jumper and wore navy at home and away.

New Giants away guernsey

776127_01__56577.1702957259.png

New Giants away guernsey

776127_01__56577.1702957259.png
As a fan of the team, I'm happy, it has G, utilises teams primary colour and doesn't clash with most teams. Perfect! As a designer I'm deeply hurt, this is bland and uninspiring, like seriously the last jumper was pretty basic only having a charcoal G and white outline, this is just terrible :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back