Opinion New Kids On The Block 2020 - who's now your fave?

Who is your pick for new talent season 2020?

• Hamill

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Sholl

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • McHenry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Butts

• Keays

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Jones

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • McAdam

Votes: 35 29.4%
  • Schoenberg

Votes: 46 38.7%
  • Crocker

• McAsey

• Frampton

• McPherson

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Stengle

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
With season 2020 nearly out of the way for the Crows (and good riddance!), it's time to start reflecting on the year and to proclaim your new love interest in a young player who has been introduced this season at AFL level.

Who has surprised you the most? Who is likely to be our next elite player?

New kids debuting this season, or those brought in this year and debuting? Shame it has taken so long for Andrew McPherson and not eligible as his persistence in his journey would get my vote!

So have gone Sholl as love his two sided play.

It's really hard to say, I've voted with Schoenberg but I could easily make a case for McAdam, Hamill or Sholl too. Himmelbergs emergence is also becoming quite exciting even though he's not on the list.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player i'm most excited for at the moment is probably Will Hamill. The way he moves is absolutely silk and he would have been lights out in the last month seeing it would have suited him to a tee.

Schoenberg and Sholl are probably 2-3 on my list. The elite ceiling is there, and both have shown it in game. Just about keeping it up whilst ironing out some kinks (i.e. defence for Sholl, staying in games for longer periods for Scho though today was a big step forward in that regards).

The most fascinating kid at the moment (and there are a few of them) is Jones though. He really didn't progress this year, despite threatening too early. Can he figure it out because its all there to be a gun, or is he going to frustrate until he's inevitably delisted? I want June 2021 to roll around now just to have that question answered.

Sholl for me, can kick on both feet beautifully, not afraid to tackle or get his own ball. Followed by Schoenberg his disposal lets him down but God he's a smooth mover through traffic. Then McAdam xfactor off the charts, still misses easy goals and is already 25 so how long does he really have left in the AFL.

Recency bias pushes me towards Sholl, but Keays has been solid all year, and Scho, McAdam, and Hamill have all been very promising.

McAdam. He’s everything that is exciting about our game. Can see his confidence growing. I hope he keeps working hard.

Love the start to Schoenberg’s career too. Gives some grunt, has some class and a bit of arrogance in the way he plays too.

Keays is to be admired. Brings the right sort of attitude to the club. An astute pick up. Happy now to have him as the younger replacement of CEY & Greenwood.

Shoenberg but McPherson needs to be added to the list.

Injury free and he’s a long term lock
Yep I forgot about McPherson, but he is now added to the poll. He's definitely a solid contributor all year. If he remains fit for next year, can see him become a regular 22.

McAdam, love high fliers that can take spectacular marks, so it's an easy choice.
The thing that impresses me is that he actually has an all-round game, both good in the air and very capable when ball comes to ground. His chasing and tackling is actually what makes him a valuable asset up in our forward line. He's somewhat of a hybrid between Cameron (defensive acts) and McGovern (marking).

With season 2020 nearly out of the way for the Crows (and good riddance!), it's time to start reflecting on the year and to proclaim your new love interest in a young player who has been introduced this season at AFL level.

Who has surprised you the most? Who is likely to be our next elite player?

Controversially for me to say this, but Im not so sure any of them will be elite. But a few could definitely be A grade players.

I do reserve that word for the absolute best of the competition in their field, be it ruck, mid etc etc.

I guess it depends on what or how some people define elite.

Controversially for me to say this, but Im not so sure any of them will be elite. But a few could definitely be A grade players.

I do reserve that word for the absolute best of the competition in their field, be it ruck, mid etc etc.

I guess it depends on what or how some people define elite.
If someone can be an A grader, then there's every chance they can become elite as well. Fun though in a few years time, to see how far correct/incorrect we are looking back on these kind of early predictions. :)

Back