New Lions Resolution

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not that confident but I AM looking forward to next season.
So am I. All ‘riffing’ to one side, Brisbane are going to really shake the established order up next year. For the first time in a very long time, we are actually starting to look and feel like a fair dinkum old school football club again. There is a bit of a Fitzroy in 1992 feel about the club. I can’t wait for this season to start.

Last edited:
So am I. All ‘riffing’ to one side, Brisbane are going to really shake the established order up next year. For the first time in a very long time, we are actually starting to look and feel like a fair dinkum old school football club again. There is a bit of a Fitzroy in 1992 feel about the club. I can’t wait for this season to start.
A BIT OF FITZROY IN 1992 about the club.
We had better start doing something quickly then as we only have 4 - 5 years left in the comp.:'(

To start watching a game with confidence , not dread .
That would be nice again .

Not to cower behind the lounge with my hands over my ears during televised games (I can't walk out on the game but can't cope with watching some of our games) and to save $50/home game (beer not needed as anaesthetic).

A BIT OF FITZROY IN 1992 about the club.
We had better start doing something quickly then as we only have 4 - 5 years left in the comp.:'(
Nah, the AFL are happy to ignore the Brisbane Lions, Fitzroy were actively buggered up by the AFL.

Contested ball. I would love to see our boys have a real physical presence on the field. It would be great to see opposition players think twice before they put their heads over the ball. For too long, we have been known as a 'soft' team. Time to turn this around and bring some more mongrel to the Gabba!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon for the intrusion.

You do not have to worry about physical presence on the field. Mitch Robbo and Hodge will take care of that. You do not have to worry about skill. The last two drafts have taken care of that.

For mine the key indicator that you about to be a serious top 8 or better side will be Fagan and Noble recommitting and the players being stoked that they have.

Pardon for the intrusion.

You do not have to worry about physical presence on the field. Mitch Robbo and Hodge will take care of that. You do not have to worry about skill. The last two drafts have taken care of that.

For mine the key indicator that you about to be a serious top 8 or better side will be Fagan and Noble recommitting and the players being stoked that they have.

Love the vote of confidence but I'm ecstatic to hear us focusing on the contested ball. It's been a problem for what feels like a decade now.

As a foreigner somewhat recent to the game I haven't any insight to add. I did re-watch two of your wins today in full and can say that the victories against Essendon and Fremantle helped me imagine your team's potential. The never-give-up 4th quarter effort against Essendon was exciting.

Last year during the 2017 pre-season I told a long-suffering Richmond supporter that I liked what I saw in his team, something positive was in evidence in the JLT game against Adelaide. And you can see where that went.

As a foreigner somewhat recent to the game I haven't any insight to add. I did re-watch two of your wins today in full and can say that the victories against Essendon and Fremantle helped me imagine your team's potential. The never-give-up 4th quarter effort against Essendon was exciting.

Last year during the 2017 pre-season I told a long-suffering Richmond supporter that I liked what I saw in his team, something positive was in evidence in the JLT game against Adelaide. And you can see where that went.

I personally thought the Essendon game was our most significant victory for the season...although there weren’t too many to choose from.

I personally thought the Essendon game was our most significant victory for the season...although there weren’t too many to choose from.

Honestly, it was likely our most significant win since 2013.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back