Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
Abit underwhelming. Surely there were more qualified applicants.

Was thinking the same. Perhaps he’s a rising star but he is certainly low profile and this is a bi promotion for him. We are a cashed up club with really good facilities. I find it interesting that we still don’t seem to be particularly appealing for more qualified and better credentialed off field people.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Was thinking the same. Perhaps he’s a rising star but he is certainly low profile and this is a bi promotion for him. We are a cashed up club with really good facilities. I find it interesting that we still don’t seem to be particularly appealing for more qualified and better credentialed off field people.

Yes, but you’ve got to start somewhere.

Maybe learning on the job, under Belly will prove a brilliant move. If he does his job without any fanfare and media floss, I’ll be happy.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
seriously, I did a mock draft and had Tim Kelly at that pick.
Which would have resulted in Tim not realising half of what he got to show in a decent midfield at Geelong. And the Egos down the road getting him for a bargain pick #20ish or so in the trade period just gone. Would have been lose lose for every club except the Egos. Wil is still at GC at least and unlikely to leave.

Carson Dial

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
There’s no way the club would have appointed him if they hadn’t completed a thorough due diligence on all the candidates.

We can only speculate, we will never be privy to the level of detail and background checks the club conducted.

At the very least let’s give the guy a fair go before we form our own opinions.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Which would have resulted in Tim not realising half of what he got to show in a decent midfield at Geelong. And the Egos down the road getting him for a bargain pick #20ish or so in the trade period just gone. Would have been lose lose for every club except the Egos. Wil is still at GC at least and unlikely to leave.
So it was a brilliant move?o_O

Back