New list manager

Remove this Banner Ad

He is just a front. The real shop is peter bell & stevie wonder.

Exactly. I really wonder about a lot of these roles/titles that people are given. All these underlings do is provide a bit of information for the head honchos to make decisions. I feel like Bell is going to be calling the shots on almost everything.

iiNBXYZ.jpg

Just saw he started st GC in February 2017, so makes sense that he has to wait till February to be formally announced (2 year contract?)

Only did players from his time at Adelaide but a very good bunch

Adelaide 2009-2011

Daniel Talia (selection No.13),
Jack Gunston (selection No.29),
Sam Shaw (selection No.45),
Brodie Smith (selection No.14),
Jarryd Lyons (selection No.61)
Brad Crouch (selection No.2 GWS mini-draft),
Sam Kerridge (selection No.27),
Mitch Grigg (selection No.41),
Nick Joyce (selection No.46),
Cameron Ellis-Yolmen (selection No.64),

Just saw he started st GC in February 2017, so makes sense that he has to wait till February to be formally announced (2 year contract?)

Adelaide 2009-2011

Nice picking

Adelaide 2009-2011

Not necessarily. He could go to his current employer saying he’s been offered an opportunity/promotion another company and agree to terminate his existing contract. I reckon AFL club management would let people go with their blessing for a better opportunity, much like how assistant coaches can move on while in contract if they get a head coaching opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily. He could go to his current employer saying he’s been offered an opportunity/promotion another company and agree to terminate his existing contract. I reckon AFL club management would let people go with their blessing for a better opportunity, much like how assistant coaches can move on while in contract if they get a head coaching opportunity.
Yeah maybe, just trying to figure out why the CEO and Footy manager said end of January. If that’s not the case he should be leaving now. IMO GC have kept him to his contract while they look for a replacement.

Yeah maybe, just trying to figure out why the CEO and Footy manager said end of January. If that’s not the case he should be leaving now. IMO GC have kept him to his contract while they look for a replacement.
It is a different situation timing-wise to when Loyd left. And with his analytical skills there could be things he could contribute, or there could be a hand-over period that could be useful. But the ideal is to make the changes as fast and clean as possible.

I heard a certain journalist, who indeed does have a face like a secondhand dart board, say on Friday that we were due to announce the new list manager on Monday, as those that weren't successful after applying for the job had been advised so during the week.

The said "journalist" was then asked as to whom he thought that it was going to be, to which he replied.

"I don't know who it is as yet, I only know that there were a lot of people who applied for the role and were contacted this week only to be told that they weren't successful in getting the job, and they aren't too happy about hearing it either."

I heard a certain journalist, who indeed does have a face like a secondhand dart board, say on Friday that we were due to announce the new list manager on Monday, as those that weren't successful after applying for the job had been advised so during the week.

The said "journalist" was then asked as to whom he thought that it was going to be, to which he replied.

"I don't know who it is as yet, I only know that there were a lot of people who applied for the role and were contacted this week only to be told that they weren't successful in getting the job, and they aren't too happy about hearing it either."
Person unhappy after not getting job they applied for.

Give this man the Pulitzer now! This is the sort of major scoop that the most hardened investigative journalists can only dream about

But, didn't these clowns say no one wants to come to the dockers.

Adelaide 2009-2011

Talia, Smith and Crouch are 3 amazing players (All first round picks). Ellis-Yolmen is a solid contributer but nothin special. Gunston is one of the Hawks best players and Lyons had an exceptional year last year. Grigg's alright in the SANFL

Talia, Smith and Crouch are 3 amazing players (All first round picks). Ellis-Yolmen is a solid contributer but nothin special. Gunston is one of the Hawks best players and Lyons had an exceptional year last year. Grigg's alright in the SANFL
Fair enough assessment Bastyy.

I don't think you should be expecting much more from a list manager than to get most things right. You need to have a decent balance of risk/reward when your list profile calls for it, and at other times you just need to be solid. We seem to have turned a corner and are getting most things right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back