List Mgmt. New List Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely this person has to be in place before any football is played? They have to negotiate expiring contracts, receive scouting reports, attend junior matches and other AFL matches for potential trade targets. Then there is the mid-season draft as well.
And potentially the supp selection if someone retires or goes onto the long term injury list.

This is the thing that worries me. The noise about reviewing list mgt happened not long after Bolts sacked. It feels like they've changed tack in the middle of the rebuild plan. I was a fan of SOSs approach to building a list to win finals not just get there.

Without some description of the list mgt plan going forward, it seems like they made the change from SOS too early.

Every appointment they've made since the decision to rebuild, has been positive for the club. My faith in that happening again is waning.

barass70 how's our search for a new list manager going so far? When do we hope to have signed them up by - before Round 1/ASAP?
I just hope that Mick Agresta and Brad Lloyd don’t take control. Lloyd list management at the Dockers was poor and he was on his way out the door before his mate Liddle offered him the job at the Blues.
My understanding is there is not a lot of takers of high quality candidates due to the clubs history of the way it treats people. Liddle and Lloyd pushing for Agresta hard but the board have finally worked out it’s becoming a boys club.
Club will look terribly silly if it can’t find a suitable replacement!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s hope whoever we employ has had a good look at Liverpool.

I would so love an article about Carlton in 5-7 years time telling a similar story!!!

I only flicked through the article (mainly because I’m a Man U fan, and it galls me to see Liverpool ascending to the title), but I’m not sure it focuses on the owners. They’ve performed a neat trick in resuscitating two clubs who had fallen on hard times, even turning the Red Sox into the most successful MLB franchise this century (after what can best be described as a Collingwood-esque 20th century).

I’ve thought before that if anyone at Carlton had any sense they’d go and get some tips on how the owners have allowed these two clubs to innovate while remaining true to their traditions. I think they could teach us plenty.

I just hope that Mick Agresta and Brad Lloyd don’t take control. Lloyd list management at the Dockers was poor and he was on his way out the door before his mate Liddle offered him the job at the Blues.
My understanding is there is not a lot of takers of high quality candidates due to the clubs history of the way it treats people. Liddle and Lloyd pushing for Agresta hard but the board have finally worked out it’s becoming a boys club.
Club will look terribly silly if it can’t find a suitable replacement!!

well its silly looking it is then

Silvagni’s role looking likely it will be absorbed by Brodie, with someone coming in underneath.
With Brodie doing the bulk of the heavy lifting In regards to both list recruitment and list management, it makes sense.

I know people will jump down my throat for downplaying sos’s role within the club, and things may change yet, but this is what I’ve been told.

Silvagni’s role looking likely it will be absorbed by Brodie, with someone coming in underneath.
With Brodie doing the bulk of the heavy lifting In regards to both list recruitment and list management, it makes sense.

I know people will jump down my throat for downplaying sos’s role within the club, and things may change yet, but this is what I’ve been told.
I can't see it as downplaying SOS's role in the club. We "beefed up" our recruiting department as the rebuild was nearing completion. This smacks of Liddle bringing in his guy as has been a bit of the innuendo of late. SOS and team have done a great job and we are now in a position to fill gaps, potentially add some "cream" and work to progression plans in coming years.

The most critical part of the role is going to be management of the salary cap, and this will only require a couple of critical decisions per year at this stage. Anyone who doesn't believe SOS and his mate Brodie had some likely figures pencilled in is kidding themselves. This would explain any decision for Brodie over Agresta.

Next draft trade is "easy".
1) Do we invest in Ollie Wines, with the romantic family attachment, despite our midfield looking "full" albeit relying on development.
2) Is Tom Papley going to be available as a progression from Eddie?
3) Do we invest in a couple of the available Father/Son options?
4) Which young ruck do we draft (no secret my money on Henry Walsh, with a watch on Josh Cripps in the WAFL colts).

Attention required on the following as well.

5) Rookie retention/management is likely to become a tight issue.
Owies' progression?
Gibbons elevation?
Goddard (to me long term back up)?
Cottrell's likelihood of top 22?
Progression of Honey and Phillips?
Do we look at moving Ed Curnow or even evergreen Simmo to rookie list at some stage to both retain a little longer and manage the kids?
Surely if we "like" a couple of father/sons it would be preferable to add them as rookies and promote Gibbo, Goddard, Cottrell who would be entering third(and technically last years on rookie list). This promotion would have a two year window to be staggered, with list spots becoming tight.

I can't see it as downplaying SOS's role in the club. We "beefed up" our recruiting department as the rebuild was nearing completion. This smacks of Liddle bringing in his guy as has been a bit of the innuendo of late. SOS and team have done a great job and we are now in a position to fill gaps, potentially add some "cream" and work to progression plans in coming years.

The most critical part of the role is going to be management of the salary cap, and this will only require a couple of critical decisions per year at this stage. Anyone who doesn't believe SOS and his mate Brodie had some likely figures pencilled in is kidding themselves. This would explain any decision for Brodie over Agresta.

Next draft trade is "easy".
1) Do we invest in Ollie Wines, with the romantic family attachment, despite our midfield looking "full" albeit relying on development.
2) Is Tom Papley going to be available as a progression from Eddie?
3) Do we invest in a couple of the available Father/Son options?
4) Which young ruck do we draft (no secret my money on Henry Walsh, with a watch on Josh Cripps in the WAFL colts).

Attention required on the following as well.

5) Rookie retention/management is likely to become a tight issue.
Owies' progression?
Gibbons elevation?
Goddard (to me long term back up)?
Cottrell's likelihood of top 22?
Progression of Honey and Phillips?
Do we look at moving Ed Curnow or even evergreen Simmo to rookie list at some stage to both retain a little longer and manage the kids?
Surely if we "like" a couple of father/sons it would be preferable to add them as rookies and promote Gibbo, Goddard, Cottrell who would be entering third(and technically last years on rookie list). This promotion would have a two year window to be staggered, with list spots becoming tight.
The board are asleep at the wheel. Liddle will get his way. Liddle’s mates Agresta and Llyod will look after List Management. Club has failed in enticing an experience List manager. Ordinary short list has been put together. What a balls up! Worrying times ahead if Lloyd has anything to do with List Management.

The board are asleep at the wheel. Liddle will get his way. Liddle’s mates Agresta and Llyod will look after List Management. Club has failed in enticing an experience List manager. Ordinary short list has been put together. What a balls up! Worrying times ahead if Lloyd has anything to do with List Management.

The management team would have known that replacing SOS with someone whose track record is a good if not better would be unlikely.
However as we have been told by people in this thread- SOS wasn't a 'team' player - so clearly the preference was for 'the team' to take over responsibilities.
Time will tell as they work through the list that was posted above by Coona Blues.

As a bonus - the 'team' can all give themselves a salary rise - since their collective responsibilities are now bigger now that SOS is gone ...they can all share according to their new added responsibilities in the cost of SOS - all good. :thumbsu:

The acid test will be seen in time - they all have time lots of time....and in to extend time - they ( the team) can look to Teaguey to ensure that he performs.

All eyes on Teague now - the List Management Team can have their committee meetings with full compliment of 'team players' on board all on the same page - no COI to worry about.

The management team would have known that replacing SOS with someone whose track record is a good if not better would be unlikely.
However as we have been told by people in this thread- SOS wasn't a 'team' player - so clearly the preference was for 'the team' to take over responsibilities.
Time will tell as they work through the list that was posted above by Coona Blues.

As a bonus - the 'team' can all give themselves a salary rise - since their collective responsibilities are now bigger now that SOS is gone ...they can all share according to their new added responsibilities in the cost of SOS - all good. :thumbsu:

The acid test will be seen in time - they all have time lots of time....and in to extend time - they ( the team) can look to Teaguey to ensure that he performs.

All eyes on Teague now - the List Management Team can have their committee meetings with full compliment of 'team players' on board all on the same page - no COI to worry about.
Interesting sos not a team player. Every decision he made was in the best in of the club. Made the tough calls before Liddle, Agresta and Lloyd where at the club. Not only did he make tough decision but got the clubs salary cap into a very healthy state. When a CEO wants to give his mate Brandon Ellis 600K x 5 years and is held to account by sos, our future doesn’t seem to be in good hands.

Interesting sos not a team player. Every decision he made was in the best in of the club. Made the tough calls before Liddle, Agresta and Lloyd where at the club. Not only did he make tough decision but got the clubs salary cap into a very healthy state. When a CEO wants to give his mate Brandon Ellis 600K x 5 years and is held to account by sos, our future doesn’t seem to be in good hands.

My info is this is not correct. He wasn't offered $600K x 5 years at Carlton.

That offer only came from Gold Coast - hence why he is in red and yellow this year.

What's your relation to SOS?

Stop spewing crap, Ellis wasn't offered anything near what you posted to play for the Blues, hence why he's playing at the GC and not us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back