Rumour NEW LOGO

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not surprised as I went to a paid focus group earlier this year to discuss whether they should go back to the old one or keep the 125 year one.
Although everyone present liked the old one it was apparent that Collingwood FC was keen to have a new emblem without the Australian flag.
Not surprised at all!
were you in the first group or 2nd? stoods and i were in the 2nd group.

probably should have waited till was official to say what the focus group was about ;)

basically without our group atleast The word COLLINGWOOD would not have made it onto the logo. We were very strong on the feeling it had to have the word COLLINGWOOD in the logo.

Don't like the American style logos with the strong borders. Prefer the style like the Premier league ones, more classy. This one does nothing for me. Not unique, just following the bunch.

I'm not surprised as I went to a paid focus group earlier this year to discuss whether they should go back to the old one or keep the 125 year one.
Although everyone present liked the old one it was apparent that Collingwood FC was keen to have a new emblem without the Australian flag.
Not surprised at all!

Strange, why would a footy club with a million supporters pay for focus groups???

I'm sorry but.... I hate it!!
Give me back the old one with the Australian flag, it Oozed pride for me. That magpie standing gloriously with the Aussie flag and black and white flag beside it was the best damn logo in the country.

And what's this "drop football"? We are first and foremost a football club. I don't care about the other sports.
I want my old football club back that played finals and didn't give a rats about other sports.

This is part of the problem, we stopped being a footy club.

I love our old one, be disappointed if we changed

Exactly. There was nothing wrong with our old one. They will now change our logo without asking the members just like when they branched into netball and a AFLW team without consulting members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry but.... I hate it!!
Give me back the old one with the Australian flag, it Oozed pride for me. That magpie standing gloriously with the Aussie flag and black and white flag beside it was the best damn logo in the country.

And what's this "drop football"? We are first and foremost a football club. I don't care about the other sports.
I want my old football club back that played finals and didn't give a rats about other sports.

This is part of the problem, we stopped being a footy club.
You should change your username to OldEra

Problem solved, then.

View attachment 410994

I'll give this one for free, lukem. In the service of my club, of course...
Unsure if there is some law, that displaying a flag like we have in that form must be accompanied by the Australian flag.
There's funny laws about flags. If you fly two the Australian one can't be lower than another one.

Eg. At Flemington Racecourse they always have a flag of the reigning Melbourne Cup winner, next to it is the VRC flag and then an Australian flag. All same height.

The new design doesn't sway me either way.

My preference would be be for the old logo to return with a refresh like MagpieBat or swoop42 presented, but it's inevitable that this is what we'll be getting.

There was a timeless quality to the old logo and, for me anyway, it was a sort of link to old school working class Collingwood when the members had a greater ownership of the club.

In the end I just don't know if there was really a need to spend money on two different designs, plus marketing and focus groups over a 12 month period when what we had was league best with Carlton, IMO.

Unsure if there is some law, that displaying a flag like we have in that form must be accompanied by the Australian flag.
There's funny laws about flags. If you fly two the Australian one can't be lower than another one.

Eg. At Flemington Racecourse they always have a flag of the reigning Melbourne Cup winner, next to it is the VRC flag and then an Australian flag. All same height.

Many protocols around flags. You can fly any flag you like (country flags during daylight hours or if at night it must be illuminated). If you do fly multiple flags (should be on separate poles) country must take precedence by being equal height or higher and being on left when facing flags. Interestingly if the flagpole has a yardarm, that is the best ranked position even though the yardarm flag is lower than the one on the main pole. This is a trap for young players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Many protocols around flags. You can fly any flag you like (country flags during daylight hours or if at night it must be illuminated). If you do fly multiple flags (should be on separate poles) country must take precedence by being equal height or higher and being on left when facing flags. Interestingly if the flagpole has a yardarm, that is the best ranked position even though the yardarm flag is lower than the one on the main pole. This is a trap for young players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Brilliant.

You will find the VRC is a stickler for such things and I eventually get it right.

The Australian flag when facing is on the left.

I was in the first focus group. We were given the choice of the current logo, the anniversary logo and this new one.

We had the uniminous opinion that it doesn't need changing but had the new logo as our second choice (with the condition it had Collingwood written on it).

We actually joked in the meeting that the club would change the logo regardless of our opinion, which turned out to be the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back