Rumour New Look For The Suns?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that the sandman font?

View attachment 464370

Took me exactly 8 seconds to find out this was false.

Which is a shame, because the Suns' logo and jumper is awful and that would be a slight upgrade.

It's been awful from the beginning, like some net' 98 design. I don't know how they got it so wrong and the Giants so right.

Losing Ablett really lowered those graphics. Who would've thought they were just a computer simulation this entire time.

I think many of us are so disappointed with the mediocre [s**t] branding of the Suns, that we're excited by any glimmer of hope there might be some imminent improvement, but for now it remains wishful thinking.

Even if you don't barrack for them, it's annoying having to look at those horrible jumpers, and knowing that they could so easily be so much better.

And after all the hundreds of millions the AFL have "invested" (lol) in them - It's almost like they're taking the piss.

I still cannot believe they went with the name 'Suns' in the first place. It's almost as if whoever wrote their theme song begged and pleaded for it because of the obvious play on words... 'we are the suns (sons) of the Gold Coast sky'.
The rumours of Marlins or Guards had me so excited back in the day due to the sheer coolness both would have allowed in mascot/logo/marketing etc. They blew it. And the fact they still have the same shitty logo is dumbfounding. If ever a team needed a total rebranding, it's this one.

I still cannot believe they went with the name 'Suns' in the first place. It's almost as if whoever wrote their theme song begged and pleaded for it because of the obvious play on words... 'we are the suns (sons) of the Gold Coast sky'.
The rumours of Marlins or Guards had me so excited back in the day due to the sheer coolness both would have allowed in mascot/logo/marketing etc. They blew it. And the fact they still have the same shitty logo is dumbfounding. If ever a team needed a total rebranding, it's this one.

There's not much you can do with a big yellow circle.

You would think the two newest teams, unburdened by any history or tradition or backward thinking supporters, would have the freedom to be innovative and creative and come up with the coolest, most modern looking logos and jumpers.

There are so many talented graphic designers, just on BF alone, you don't have to look far for ideas. Even no-budget suburban teams are wearing better jumpers, and even imaginary fantasy teams that don't even exist!

It's a well known fact that many kids will pick their first team to support based on colours, nicknames, jumpers etc. The Suns jumper doesn't exactly scream "pick me". Better branding would mean more merchandise sales and more money for both the club and the AFL. You would think they would want that.

With the nepotism and cronyism of the AFL becoming increasingly evident, it wouldn't surprise me if the GC suits let their kids or someone they know design that crappy logo.

At least GWS have fantastic (and unique) colours, and their nickname has a bit more potential, when they decide to make the effort.

Think the GC colours are good logo is way off though currently, agree Marlins could be good but have no issue with Suns tbh.

I can't believe they chose the same colours as Brisbane.

Step one... Ok, what colours are taken?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back