HowYouDoin

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Real Madrid
With Vero not renewing their sponsorship, who do you think will come on board?

Full Wingspan

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A little disappointed by this news, however you cannot fault Vero's committment and support over the past few years.

I'm sure Swann will be negotiating something profitable for both the club and whoever fills this new vacancy.

Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2004
SEQLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC
Hilarious that they were with us when we were at our lowest point but finally when we look like we are gonna go places, they don't renew anymore...

I think our platinum sponsorship may cost a bit more - the guernsey is appearing a lot more in public and AFL media.

kenberger

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Hilarious that they were with us when we were at our lowest point but finally when we look like we are gonna go places, they don't renew anymore...
their parent company quietly removed themselves from the NRL State of Origin this year and is responsible for the Sunny ads. Jumping off just in time to reap success isn’t the most headscratching move they’ve made recently

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
their parent company quietly removed themselves from the NRL State of Origin this year and is responsible for the Sunny ads. Jumping off just in time to reap success isn’t the most headscratching move they’ve made recently
Not saying this is the case, but if the company bottom line is suffering then dropping some major sporting sponsorships is the quickest and easiest way to improve things.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides

Reminiscent of Puma before our 3 peat...

Just hope whoever our new co-major sponsor is, we have an arrangement that one sponsor always remains at the front of the jumper home or away and the other remains at the back, similar setup to what Sydney, Richmond and Hawthorn have. It would be nice to be wearing our threepeat winning jumper in away games where there are no clashes with the home team.

Seeing a predominately gold jumper against GWS' orange was ridiculous in Round 6 when our threepeat jumper would have actually contrasted and the NEAFL team was wearing the proper jumper in the curtain-raiser.

Seeing us not wear our threepeat jumper against our arch-rival in round 21 when we beat them in two grand finals in that jumper was also ridiculous, especially as there are no colour clashes between us and the scum

They will more than likely continue to rotate depending on whether we are playing home or away, as I’d hazard a bet that it is also written into Oak’s sponsorship agreement that they get placement on both front and back.

That second point about the jumper choice isn’t sponsor related though, that’s stipulated by the AFL and their decision to persist with away and clash strips?

They will more than likely continue to rotate depending on whether we are playing home or away, as I’d hazard a bet that it is also written into Oak’s sponsorship agreement that they get placement on both front and back.

That second point about the jumper choice isn’t sponsor related though, that’s stipulated by the AFL and their decision to persist with away and clash strips?
For our club it would be sponsor obligations. Sydney, Geelong etc. always wear their home jumper in away games when there are no clashes

Ladbrokes sponsor the Broncos which wouldn't be cheap why not ask them? Or UBET?

Flight Centre had a poor 2018 and Lions aren't affiliated with an airline so would be win-win.

or that energy company Matty Hayden flogs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Ladbrokes sponsor the Broncos which wouldn't be cheap why not ask them? Or UBET?

Flight Centre had a poor 2018 and Lions aren't affiliated with an airline so would be win-win.
AFL wouldn’t allow either due to conflicts with Crown Bet / Virgin respectively.

Last edited:

Flossie32

Team Captain
May 28, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Noticed coffee club on training shorts of players. I thought they only sponsored coaches last year. Maybe they are increasing sponsorship now?

Robbojack

Rookie
Apr 10, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This image appears in the membership e-mail, looks as though new sponsor is pictured. Can’t really make it out, possibly boost?

Attachments

• 744E729B-4C52-4818-A334-C3485A049C80.png
    744E729B-4C52-4818-A334-C3485A049C80.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 81

or that energy company Matty Hayden flogs?

Ladbrokes signs you see at NRL and AFL games along the wall.... .may not be main sponsor but definitely got $$$ invested.

Well they're certainly working on our output. My mate told me that we will be paying over $10 for a beer next year. Not sure Howe he found out but if so looks like it'll be a dry outing to the football.

Jeremy?

May 30, 2013
BNE, AUS
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls
I was in Sydney in the early 90's when Swans were a rabble. I remember QBE said they would stick with Swans through thick and thin because it would look pretty bad for an insurance company to pull support otherwise. QBE are still the Swans major sponsor today. Different parameters for Vero obviously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back