New Marlboro tobacco advert on SEN?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rimmer

Club Legend
May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I am hearing the old 'Marlboro country' theme from the Magnificent Seven played with the only comment being at the end with 'You know what to do!'

I mean maybe it means something else but I am old enough to remember when tobacco advertising was allowed and that theme is imbedded in my memory.

Without context I can only think of the tobacco adds and muse its a subtle encouragement for x smokers to return.

Any thoughts?

HD Sports

Debutant
May 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I am hearing the old 'Marlboro country' theme from the Magnificent Seven played with the only comment being at the end with 'You know what to do!'

I mean maybe it means something else but I am old enough to remember when tobacco advertising was allowed and that theme is imbedded in my memory.

Without context I can only think of the tobacco adds and muse its a subtle encouragement for x smokers to return.

Any thoughts?

I think you're getting confused with the VB ad.

RolandF1

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If they had it wouldn't surprise me.

I suspect Marlboro contributed funding towards the Senna and Rush films and to TV channels hosting Bathurst to show endless tributes to Peter Brock.

Arctic fox

It's only a game
Mar 22, 2017
Out west
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool

Any thoughts?

One of the best Westerns. Ever.

Remove this Banner Ad