New modern features you would like to put in your house

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Building a house. Woukd like to make it awesome. What new ideas or features you would put in a house.

Im thinking a secret room behind a fireplace,

6ADD9722-5819-4C2D-813A-D8DBAC68DA0E.jpeg

Smart lights throughout the house that can be any colour.

46DD1004-F10A-424B-8537-36ED61D36D57.jpeg

3d floor or ceiling mural.

1DBF5DC1-04D9-479F-9925-DC9B3A031FE6.jpeg

Shower with skylight in the ceiling

97913519-5D66-4E6D-88C6-FA65A93CB67D.jpeg

Also a void area where we put a net over the top for a fun spot to read books and for the kids to freak out mum.

What are some other ideas or cool things you can now put in your homes?

Last edited:
Building a house. Woukd like to make it awesome. What new ideas or features you would put in a house.

Im thinking a secret room behind a fireplace,

View attachment 779332
I stayed in a place in France that had the room behind the fire place
It was a massive fire place that people sit in to keep warm and there was a door there too

Bit like this but square and made out of small stones

iu

I stayed at an AirBnb a few months ago that had the biggest "dinner plate" shower head.

I addition to that, it also had a square handheld shower that would've been 100x100mm with one of those switches to flick between the two. If I ever own a house, this would be a must.

If I owned a house, and if money were no object, I think one of those Japanese butt washing toilets would be pretty amazing too.

Not really modern but underfloor heating is just the best. Our last house was about 70-80% tiled (only the bedrooms were carpeted ) and we had it installed at the time of building it and I didn’t realise how much I would miss it. We sold the house last Christmas and purchased an established house and I think I’ll spend the money to rip up the tiles and install underfloor heating before next winter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back