Strategy New Next Level Training Strategy ~ Counter Attack

Remove this Banner Ad

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Now hear me out because this is going to sound crazy but..
What are some of the most renowned players known for?
Dusty, Danger, pre broken leg Fyfe? Breaking tackles, winning 1v1s and counter attacking. Even the slow Sam Mitchell is astonishingly good at dodging tackles.

what are some of the most thought out 1v1 sports? sword fighting and martial arts
train aikido and jujutsu to learn how to how to dodge, deal with reach, counter attack etc.
Become untackleable 1v1 maybe even 1v2, gain enormous ball retention advantage, win games ???? Profit

Now hear me out because this is going to sound crazy but..
What are some of the most renowned players known for?
Dusty, Danger, pre broken leg Fyfe? Breaking tackles, winning 1v1s and counter attacking. Even the slow Sam Mitchell is astonishingly good at dodging tackles.

what are some of the most thought out 1v1 sports? sword fighting and martial arts
train aikido and jujutsu to learn how to how to dodge, deal with reach, counter attack etc.
Become untackleable 1v1 maybe even 1v2, gain enormous ball retention advantage, win games ???? Profit
screen shot this so you know who came up with this when it's standard practice in 4 years :^)

Nearly as good as holding a weight and treading water.
I think strategy is more important than strength in this case. Using body positioning, weight distribution, reach and a number of defensive techniques based off using your opponent's strength against them. Additionally, strength and smarts is better than just strength

I think we need to get a whole lot better in the tackling stakes, currently ranked last in the competition. The club needs to put more focus on tackling ( & making them stick) at training ,maybe get assistance from the rugby codes. We are appalling in that area.

I think we need to get a whole lot better in the tackling stakes, currently ranked last in the competition. The club needs to put more focus on tackling ( & making them stick) at training ,maybe get assistance from the rugby codes. We are appalling in that area.

We tend to hold off the man a bit rather than nailing them. I wonder at times if part of it is an effort to not go to ground. Our guys tend to pressure by proximity then run from person to person until they're gassed, without specifically tackling any of them. Works fine if we can cause a turnover, when it doesn't - just looks like we're allowing them through

The tackles where it's an arm thrown out or our guys get fended off are the ones that are noticeable too - especially when someone busts through three people

I miss Grey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back