NFL New NFL Uniforms/Logos

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
During a recent Town Hall meeting at Ford Field with roughly 400 season ticket holders, Detroit Lions team president Tom Lewand suggested that changes to the team's Honolulu blue uniform could be coming as soon as the 2010 season.
According to an Oakland Press (Mich.) blog, Lewand said that fans should, "Stay tuned," for uniform changes that will be "evolutionary, not revolutionary." The NFL deadline to change uniform schemes passed in November, so no changes can be made for next season.
Click to read more

Re: Detroit Lions---New Uniform Changes 2010

Go back to the unis of the Barry Sanders era and ditch the black. Silver and Blue is a classic look

BarrySanders2.jpg

Yeah, we talked about this in the other thread. Lions have a very distinctive blue color. And them flirting with black alternates is silly. Hopefully, all they're doing is just an Arizona make-over.....just jazzing up the uniform a little, but sticking with the same colors.

I can see a new logo tho. And something like the Cards jersey, with some little bits of black on it or something.

Yeah, we talked about this in the other thread. Lions have a very distinctive blue color. And them flirting with black alternates is silly. Hopefully, all they're doing is just an Arizona make-over.....just jazzing up the uniform a little, but sticking with the same colors.

I can see a new logo tho. And something like the Cards jersey, with some little bits of black on it or something.

Worst logo in professional sports. They need to jazz it up but agree they need to keep the distinctive blue.

Second worst would be NZ Breakers NBL team. Looks like something made up using Clip Art.

I think this is one of the proposals....

From what I hear, the new logo is already decided (some insiders said it is a front on shot of a lion's head roaring), but the uniform changes they didnt get in time for the 2009 season, so they're still throwing it open for discussion till 2010 comes around.

Just a proposal....
lions-1.jpg

I think this is one of the proposals....

From what I hear, the new logo is already decided (some insiders said it is a front on shot of a lion's head roaring), but the uniform changes they didnt get in time for the 2009 season, so they're still throwing it open for discussion till 2010 comes around.

Just a proposal....
lions-1.jpg
Think it a bit too much like the away cowboys...

I've never minded the Lions logo... Old school but not bad IMO...

Need some darker colour in the guernsey though

Think it a bit too much like the away cowboys...

I've never minded the Lions logo... Old school but not bad IMO...

Need some darker colour in the guernsey though
Dallas have an away guersey?

I thought they where so arrogent they wore that white s**t all 17 games a year. (16 in 08)

I know it ain't that similar but its too similar ie in reminding me of the Boys...

99482426848a4f58aa6f4d.jpg

Too many teams wearing dark blue.
Lions Honolulu blue color is distinctive.
The jersey design as up there would be ok, but in that lighter blue, and the piping around the sides in black would be better.
The logo is ok, it's the same one now but given features/detail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many teams wearing dark blue.
Lions Honolulu blue color is distinctive.
The jersey design as up there would be ok, but in that lighter blue, and the piping around the sides in black would be better.
The logo is ok, it's the same one now but given features/detail.
Original and the best :p

Teams should just avoid dark blue when changing... Ravens prurle, jags teal green, Tens light blue, all good recent decent changes

How bout they try to improve whats actually inside the uniforms first?
Its all a big part in changing the Detroit lions from what they were to what they should be. As little of importance it holds as people suggest. Changing the image of the team will go a long way off field if the onfield is helped a long at least a bit.

It's worked for many teams that've done it so far....

Bucs won a SB, Cards lost a SB, Bengals (not yet), Falcons lost a SB, Denver won 2 SBs, Eagles lost a SB, Bills (not yet), Chargers (not yet), Vikings (not yet), Rams (won/lost a SB), Seahawks (lost a SB), Patriots won 3 SBs.

Its all a big part in changing the Detroit lions from what they were to what they should be. As little of importance it holds as people suggest. Changing the image of the team will go a long way off field if the onfield is helped a long at least a bit.

Sounds like nothing more than window dressing to me.

By my count, teams who've changed their uniform have directly resulted in 12 SB appearances!! That's 12 appearances across 12 teams who have changed their uniform.

If you look back over the last 25 years, it's easier to pick the teams that haven't made any changes than the ones that have.

The teams that haven't made any/many changes haven't exactly become success starved either, like the Colts. Hell, even the Raiders recently made a Super Bowl, although they did up and move back to their old city.

Test your theory using this page here

Better get all them Cheifs fans on the blower to the club, a uniform change is guaranteed to get them in the Super Bowl. Hell they could even bring Schottenheimer back and still make it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back