NFL New NFL Uniforms/Logos

Remove this Banner Ad

1054697226.jpg.0.jpg

Just saying you're wrong
On this debate, there is no right/wrong answer...but it shows I have better taste than you -- just in regards to which Steelers jersey looks better.
My taste is off to like the Falcons jersey (more than the one they replaced), your taste is better to think it sucks.
But we both have the good taste to love the helmet.

Time To Shine
Shine Thru The Shade

Wtf is going on

Also nominate shine thru the shade for our boards new descriptive libe
I believe it is a dig at how Newton expresses himself on Instagram

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't shone through the shade since 2015. The shade is now perpetual darkness. Still writing insta posts like a ********* as a backup, gotta admire his commitment to his native wingding tongue.

I'm wrapped our media department could take the piss out of Cam and the Falcons so well in the one post. Tops. 👌

It's happening....yellow into sunset orange....

-----------

On the surface, the Falcons’ redesign would seem to be completely unrelated to the Rams’ refreshed look. However, as you might remember, the Rams’ new logo features a gradient, transitioning from white to yellow – from L.A. to the horn.

With the Falcons getting a gradient uniform, does that mean the Rams are also getting one? Nothing has been confirmed or reported yet, but it would make some sense. The Rams have frequently talked about including elements of Los Angeles in their rebranding, such as the sunset coloring and the curl of a wave in the logo.

It’s very possible the team will unveil a sunset-style uniform set with a gradient transition from the jersey to the pants. And boy, would that be a mess.

Fans are already preparing for the worst, knowing a gradient sunset uniform could be on the table.

Glad my team is focused on tradition....

---------------------

If anyone in Chiefs Kingdom is hoping to see the team follow other franchises and redesign their logo or jersey, they’re going to be disappointed. In April 2018, Chiefs team president Mark Donovan spoke with ESPN’s Adam Teicher about the potential for any changes to the uniform in Kansas City.

“If history holds true with the Hunt family, you’re not going to see many changes to the uniform — nor would I argue for them, by the way,” Donovan said. “One of the things that makes our brand equity not unique but valuable is that we’re one of the very few that stuck to that tradition and honor that tradition.”

In 2019, the Chiefs added their logo celebrating their 60th season as a small helmet decal. Team history is one of the things that has long inspired this fanbase.

“You get into the Thursday night color debate and you’re going to get strong opinions from a lot of different views on that,” Donovan continued. “I actually like what we’ve done with the Thursday night games. I like the all-white [look]. I like the all red. We’ve done some subtle things with socks to create our own take on it. I like that.

“I love some of the other teams’ jerseys and uniforms. I don’t like some of the other jerseys and uniforms on Thursday night. When you talk specifically about, ‘Could you sell more (jerseys by wearing alternate uniforms or changing the base uniform)?’ we have a lot of jerseys for sale that we don’t necessarily wear on the field: black jerseys, camo jerseys, red jerseys, white jerseys. There are a bunch of different color feels to that.”

As for alternate uniforms, the team periodically wears red-on-red and white-on-white color combinations, usually during big prime-time matchups like Thursday nights. They wore their typical home red uniforms in Super Bowl LIV as the designated home team.

There’s likely an argument to be made that Kansas City could rope in some new fans and make some quick cash from jersey sales with a uniform change. The reality is that changing the uniform significantly would be a blemish to a franchise steeped in tradition.

“I think it’s more important to us from a brand standpoint,” Donovan said, “that we’re traditional.”

-----------

On the surface, the Falcons’ redesign would seem to be completely unrelated to the Rams’ refreshed look. However, as you might remember, the Rams’ new logo features a gradient, transitioning from white to yellow – from L.A. to the horn.

With the Falcons getting a gradient uniform, does that mean the Rams are also getting one? Nothing has been confirmed or reported yet, but it would make some sense. The Rams have frequently talked about including elements of Los Angeles in their rebranding, such as the sunset coloring and the curl of a wave in the logo.

It’s very possible the team will unveil a sunset-style uniform set with a gradient transition from the jersey to the pants. And boy, would that be a mess.

Fans are already preparing for the worst, knowing a gradient sunset uniform could be on the table.

Sounds like a Nike mandate

-----------

Oh s**t...

Glad my team is focused on tradition....

---------------------

If anyone in Chiefs Kingdom is hoping to see the team follow other franchises and redesign their logo or jersey, they’re going to be disappointed. In April 2018, Chiefs team president Mark Donovan spoke with ESPN’s Adam Teicher about the potential for any changes to the uniform in Kansas City.

“If history holds true with the Hunt family, you’re not going to see many changes to the uniform — nor would I argue for them, by the way,” Donovan said. “One of the things that makes our brand equity not unique but valuable is that we’re one of the very few that stuck to that tradition and honor that tradition.”

In 2019, the Chiefs added their logo celebrating their 60th season as a small helmet decal. Team history is one of the things that has long inspired this fanbase.

“You get into the Thursday night color debate and you’re going to get strong opinions from a lot of different views on that,” Donovan continued. “I actually like what we’ve done with the Thursday night games. I like the all-white [look]. I like the all red. We’ve done some subtle things with socks to create our own take on it. I like that.

“I love some of the other teams’ jerseys and uniforms. I don’t like some of the other jerseys and uniforms on Thursday night. When you talk specifically about, ‘Could you sell more (jerseys by wearing alternate uniforms or changing the base uniform)?’ we have a lot of jerseys for sale that we don’t necessarily wear on the field: black jerseys, camo jerseys, red jerseys, white jerseys. There are a bunch of different color feels to that.”

As for alternate uniforms, the team periodically wears red-on-red and white-on-white color combinations, usually during big prime-time matchups like Thursday nights. They wore their typical home red uniforms in Super Bowl LIV as the designated home team.

There’s likely an argument to be made that Kansas City could rope in some new fans and make some quick cash from jersey sales with a uniform change. The reality is that changing the uniform significantly would be a blemish to a franchise steeped in tradition.

“I think it’s more important to us from a brand standpoint,” Donovan said, “that we’re traditional.”
Respect :thumbsu:

Browns evoke memories of Jim Brown, Clay Matthews and Bobby Mitchell in hype video for their classic new uniforms, set to be unveiled next week
By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
1 day ago

CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Browns evoked the memory of Jim Brown, Clay Matthews and Bobby Mitchell in a hype video released Thursday for their new uniforms, which are set to be released next week.

If the video is any indication, the club is taking a step back in time to more halcyon days with their new duds, which will replace the unpopular version rolled out in 2015.

The uniforms will be unveiled next week in videos and photos, and the only things that’s leaked out so far, by Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, is that Odell Beckham Jr. will be featured in the videos.

The unveiling will enable some of the Browns draft picks to hold up jerseys during the annual selection meeting, April 23-25.

Browns owner Dee Haslam vowed in 2018 at the start of the process that the fans would like the new uniforms better than they did the ones that were unveiled in a big production at the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland in 2015.

"They've not been very popular with our fans, and obviously we serve at the pleasure of our fans," Haslam said at the time.

Last year, at the NFL Annual Meetings, she noted that they’re “nothing fancy” and “I think we got it right this time.’’

And in July, during the Haslams annual training camp address, she said of the new unis, “we’re really excited. Hopefully, that will work out. It is a pretty good uniform. I think the players would be excited to wear it if it works out.”

In likely less than a week, they’ll all get to find out.

The Cleveland Browns are expected to reveal their new uniforms soon, but the team gave a tease of the new look in a short clip on social media on Thursday.

The short video of mostly darkness and flashing lights didn’t show much, but astute Browns fans were able to break down the film frame by frame to come away with some key details.

One of those details was the players who were used in the flashes. The appropriately named account “Forensic Uniform Analyst” identified Jim Brown, Clay Matthews Sr., Eric Metcalf and Webster Slaughter. Bobby Mitchell is another player seen and many are taking the integration of the Browns all-timers in the hype video as a sign that the team would be reverting to their classic look.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back