7. Xavier Duursma
13. Orazio Fantasia
21. Aliir Aliir
23. Dylan Williams
30. Ollie Lord
34. Lachie Jones
37. Taj Schofield
50. Tyson Goldsack

I kind of liked the 18,19,20,21 number sequence of young blokes especially as they were all drafted within 12 months of each other and 3 of them on the same night.

I should be ok though. I have coping mechanisms in place.

Is Jumper #7 Ports greatest ever number?? Obviously bar #1

Russell Ebert alone makes #7 a great number, but you could make a case for #3 (Brett Montgomery, Gavin Wanganeen (1990), Bomber Clifford, Randall Gerlach, Andrew Obst, Trevor Obst, ) and #5 (Brendon Lade, Bruce Abernethy, Brian Leys, Tim Evans, Bob Kingston, Bob McLean) as having equally oustanding histories.

Even the #21 guernsey X-Man has given up has some storied history with Michael Wilson, Craig Bradley, Mark Williams, David Brown, Jeff Potter, Bull Reval and Brick Hoffman.

The numbers game thread gives an idea of some of the greats who have worn numbers with distinction on their Port guernseys.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-numbers-game.539108/

Last edited:

Power Plus

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2018
Morphett Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
2021 PAFC Players List.jpg

I'm not a really superstitious person, but Orazio needs all the help he can get. I would have refrained from #13.

the snarl/smirk he does makes me think he would eat 13 in the black and white up like it's his last meal, i'm looking forward to seeing him play very much so

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Russell Ebert alone makes #7 a great number, but you could make a case for #3 (Brett Montgomery, Gavin Wanganeen (1990), Bomber Clifford, Randall Gerlach, Andrew Obst, Trevor Obst, ) and #5 (Brendon Lade, Bruce Abernethy, Brian Leys, Tim Evans, Bob Kingston, Bob McLean) as having equally oustanding histories.

Even the #21 guernsey X-Man has given up has some storied history with Michael Wilson, Craig Bradley, Mark Williams, David Brown, Jeff Potter, Bull Reval and Brick Hoffman.

The numbers game thread gives an idea of some of the greats who have worn numbers with distinction on their Port guernseys.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-numbers-game.539108/

Randall Gerlach and Bomber Clifford owned the number 3 guernsey for 15 years, unfortunately they were followed by Chris Dalkin and possibly Wes Fellowes ? (after Andrew Obst) and Darren Bartsch if anyone remembers him !

Randall Gerlach and Bomber Clifford owned the number 3 guernsey for 15 years, unfortunately they were followed by Chris Dalkin and possibly Wes Fellowes ? (after Andrew Obst) and Darren Bartsch if anyone remembers him !

Wes Fellowes wore 15, Garry Smallridge who was recruited at the same time took 3. Garry looked the real deal, big strong and hard at the ball, but had no pace and couldn't kick over a jam jar. He wound up at Norwood.

Portmagpies36

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wes Fellowes wore 15, Garry Smallridge who was recruited at the same time took 3. Garry looked the real deal, big strong and hard at the ball, but had no pace and couldn't kick over a jam jar. He wound up at Norwood.

Garry Smallrridge, that's right West Australian recruit. Think I was confusing him with Wes Fellowes, they were both slow as treacle !

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bartsch came to us from Westies as a much heralded ruckman and left the premises in a whimper!

Last edited:
Back