Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda Death

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NOLA
Should be in with a good chance - being down a running back makes it a bit thin on the ground game but we have a qb depleted Tampa first up at home so should get away to the perfect start. Have high hopes.
Down 1 rb!
Still got the AK.
Surely gilislee and the fullbacks can have a dip for 4 weeks.

Dec 8, 2013
The Norwegian Sky
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtics Saints LSU Chelsea RedSox
6480B6EC-B3D7-4E95-BA15-23C1DBD1EEE9.jpeg

St Kilda Death

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NOLA
Shame job.
Not only let a back-up qb throw 400+ 4td
But offence cough it up twice.

Hopefully as lattimore said, its a slap in the face, and a wake up call. And please let this not be a sign of things to come this season.

MITSUHIRATO

All Australian
Jul 25, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I think people are underrating Tampas offense. However the defense was terrible and they'll bounce back next week against the Browns.

From a Bucs perspective ... the defense wasn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Brees did what he does but the Saints had no run game (13 run, 43 yards, 3.3 a carry), we forced 2 turnovers also forced the Saints to punt 3 times. We only had one sack but several times we forced pressure on Brees and even got hands on him. When the game was out of reach (48-24) we took our foot off the gas defensively IMO.

The thing that does concern me is the terrible tackling. It's a hot debate in Tampa at the moment whether it's a coaching issue, but if you're telling me Kwon Alexander or Lavonte David can't tackle because of Mike Smith then that is absurd.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
I think people are underrating Tampas offense..

I dont, they have pretty much no run game whatsoever, should be easy pickings and fairly obvious what they are doing. Do they have talent a receiver and TE? Absolutely... but it still shouldn't be that hard to defend with Fitz slinging the ball.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
I dont, they have pretty much no run game whatsoever, should be easy pickings and fairly obvious what they are doing. Do they have talent a receiver and TE? Absolutely... but it still shouldn't be that hard to defend with Fitz slinging the ball.
Correct. We are the New Orleans Glass Cannons.
Deplorable game by the D to let a backup qb with a questionable O line put up 48(!!!!) points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Saints’ Michael Thomas starting the season on a record pace
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 27, 2018, 5:09 AM EDT
gettyimages-1038818836-e1538038983244.jpg

Getty Images

Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas is off to an absolutely ridiculous start this season.

Through three games Thomas has 38 catches for 398 yards. That’s a 203-catch, 2,123-yard pace for a 16-game season. That would obliterate the single-season record of 143 catches, set by Marvin Harrison in 2002, and the single-season record of 1,964 receiving yards, set by Calvin Johnson in 2012. Thomas is averaging 132.7 receiving yards per game, which would also be the best average in NFL history; the previous record of 129 receiving yards per game was set by Wes Chandler during the strike-shortened 1982 season.

It’s unrealistic to expect any player to keep up that kind of pace for 16 games, but Thomas’s 38 catches are the most any player has ever had in the first three games of a season, and he’s also the first player ever to have 10 catches in each of the first three games of the season.

Thomas has made those 38 catches on just 40 targets, meaning he has caught 95 percent of the passes thrown his way. A receiver who catches virtually everything thrown at him and puts up that kind of production is almost unstoppable.

TD2010

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Nice recovery from the first game.
Defence needs to step up, as they did over the course of last season.
Brees...what can you say.

Ingram back soon.

Go Saints!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Thomas, Kamara and Brees are carrying the def at the moment.
It's a SB winning off, and it SHOULD be a good enough def but geez they are out of form.
They'll come good mate - with Ingram back in a few it'll help alleviate a little bit of pressure of the D with us clock managing better.
The defense will improve, I think they just copped a smack to the chops in game 1 and haven't found their mojo yet.
Davenport didnt practice (hip) and Robinson has been placed on IR...
upload_2018-9-28_7-44-8.png

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back