Teams New Orleans Saints - The Who Dats

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints are now the first team in NFL history to have six straight playoff eliminations by one score and the second team since the Packers from 2013-15 to be eliminated in three straight postseasons on the final play of the game.

It ******* sucks to be a saints fan sometimes.
Atleast now we've finally had a playoff loss that was down to our players not performing I suppose...
I'm not even angry, I'm just shattered and disappointed, I genuinely feel that was our last chance with Drew at the helm and we won't likely get close again for a decent amount of time.
Ugh what a waste of a season.

Is it Drew, or more so Payton's offense that seems to underwhelm in playoffs time and time again?

I reckon it's more the later. Great regular season coach, not so much playoffs. There is no reason you shouldn't be coming closer with Brees as your QB.

seemed to me the saints O got out-coached and barely improved with second half adjustments. still, that OL the main culprit for the loss, couldnt block for Brees or Kamara

Disagree to a point, Latavius made some nice runs between the tackles, Payton stuck with his smaller scat back tho when they needed some grow ass man yards.

Not sure why your in here, but good luck to your team the Titans for the rest of the playoffs.
He's a Texans fan, chump. BTW there's no way in hell the Saints have the most regular season wins in the last decade. There's this team, you might have heard of them. They're called the New England Patriots

apart from a run of 8 yards, the rest was like 2 or 3 yards. the vikes F7 blew up their OL most of the game. payton did alright 2nd half, there were a number of trick plays and wrinkles, with taysom hill being a factor, just some bad blocking resulting in Brees pressure/incomplete or sack or strip sack in good field position. the players blew it...in short. but most the blame on OL

Is it Drew, or more so Payton's offense that seems to underwhelm in playoffs time and time again?

I reckon it's more the later. Great regular season coach, not so much playoffs. There is no reason you shouldn't be coming closer with Brees as your QB.
Mike Zimmer. Wade Phillips. Mike Zimmer.

That's what happens when you come up against OGs.

Mike Zimmer. Wade Phillips. Mike Zimmer.

That's what happens when you come up against OGs.

Needs his own old OG Gregg Williams back. 🤔

Who is Dennis Allen anyway? XD

Atleast now we've finally had a playoff loss that was down to our players not performing I suppose...
I'm not even angry, I'm just shattered and disappointed, I genuinely feel that was our last chance with Drew at the helm and we won't likely get close again for a decent amount of time.
x2

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

He's a Texans fan, chump. BTW there's no way in hell the Saints have the most regular season wins in the last decade. There's this team, you might have heard of them. They're called the New England Patriots
Pats also never had back to back to back 7-9 seasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seemed to me the saints O got out-coached and barely improved with second half adjustments. still, that OL the main culprit for the loss, couldnt block for Brees or Kamara
100% the O line imo.
A few injuries and lacking depth, been a problem for a month, Brees has had very little time to play with.
Losing Zach line was another peice of protection lost for the backfield.
On the other side we'd been failing to put consistent pressure on oppo QBs, then lost Davenport.

100% the O line imo.
A few injuries and lacking depth, been a problem for a month, Brees has had very little time to play with.
Losing Zach line was another peice of protection lost for the backfield.
On the other side we'd been failing to put consistent pressure on oppo QBs, then lost Davenport.
Your D was getting outplayed early, they fought back tho. But your D shouldve been better, more frightening like they projected to be. i dunno if payton or players got a bit cocky?? vikings were all over you, you looked lost. but to your credit, you guys came back and really couldve stolen it at the end before that strip sack

I reckon Drew has a bit left in the tank.
You need luck on your side too and we just haven't had it.

It does feel a bit like having a top 5 QB and achieving nothing all these years,it might be time to change tactics? I mean last 3 Brees has lost playoffs to cousins, Goff and keenum.
Meanwhile Flacco and Foles have rings.

A few seemed hurt by my vague statement earlier.
I knew when I typed it that the cheats have more W.
Didn't know I needed to be so technical, but here's the facts.

Here's teams who have won more games than us in regular season last decade.
1. Pats 124 wins (3 SB wins)
2= Pack 102 (1)
2= Steel 102 (at least they got there once)
4=Saints 100
4= Seattle 100 (1)

Pretty sure Ravens are 5th (1 and possibly 2sb wins if it pans out for them)

As GG. Pointed out above, it's the last 3 that hurt, along with 2010.

Yeah this one stung! I reckon our O-line was pretty shabby and never gave Brees enough time to hit his receivers.
However over and over again our defensive backs continue to give up big plays. Not only this game (thielen, Rudolph) but throughout the season they always let us down (kittle on 4th down) we should have had a bye but it wasn’t to be.
I can see Drew going for 1 more season, at least I really hope so!
I’m jumping on the Titans bandwagon for the rest of the playoffs, love to see an underdog get up

Awesome podcast on the history of the Superdome.

Dreww Brees Won't join a new team
January 24, 2020
Brees told NFL Network's Jane Slater that he'll re-sign with the Saints unless he decides to retire. "At this stage of my career, it's not a given that I'm coming back every year," Brees said. "But when that time comes, I'll always be a Saint."

Saints selected Michigan C Cesar Ruiz with the No. 24 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.
Ruiz (6’3/307) was a three-year starting center at Michigan who earned second-team All-Big Ten honors as a true junior in 2019 by allowing zero sacks and just two quarterback hits per PFF. More athletic than most interior linemen, Ruiz wins with his first step and fluidity throughout the play. His patience and body control make him great in pass protection, but his 84th percentile Adjusted SPARQ athleticism really pops as a run-blocker, especially whenever asked to pull or find a defender at the second level. Only 20 years old, Ruiz has time to fix the few holes in his game to reach his Pro Bowl upside and is more than good enough to be a rookie-year starter in the meantime. It's unclear if the Saints will use Ruiz at center or move him to guard with C Erik McCoy already on the roster.
Apr 23, 2020, 11:08 PM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back