Teams New Orleans Saints - The Who Dats

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
According to ESPN's Dianna Russini, Jameis Winston "will not be part of any offensive packages" Week 11 against the Falcons.
Despite replacing Drew Brees following his injury last week, Winston is getting sent to the bench in favor of Taysom Hill against Atlanta. It will be Hill under center, apparently for every snap, despite completing just 11 career passes and showing next to nothing as a thrower of the football at the NFL level. Coach Sean Payton is committed to the bit, however, and is ready to see this thing through. Thanks to his rushing ability, Hill immediately becomes an intriguing fantasy streamer. You don't have to actually be good at football to be good in fantasy. Winston might get a chance in Week 12 if Hill totally bombs his audition.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Nov 20, 2020, 11:08 AM ET

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
According to ESPN's Dianna Russini, Jameis Winston "will not be part of any offensive packages" Week 11 against the Falcons.
Despite replacing Drew Brees following his injury last week, Winston is getting sent to the bench in favor of Taysom Hill against Atlanta. It will be Hill under center, apparently for every snap, despite completing just 11 career passes and showing next to nothing as a thrower of the football at the NFL level. Coach Sean Payton is committed to the bit, however, and is ready to see this thing through. Thanks to his rushing ability, Hill immediately becomes an intriguing fantasy streamer. You don't have to actually be good at football to be good in fantasy. Winston might get a chance in Week 12 if Hill totally bombs his audition.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Nov 20, 2020, 11:08 AM ET

Well then lol.
Huge call, benching the guy whose been a successful starter for the gadget bloke (although I LOVE Taysom).
Will be very interesting atleast to watch.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well then lol.
Huge call, benching the guy whose been a successful starter for the gadget bloke (although I LOVE Taysom).
Will be very interesting atleast to watch.
tbf payton reckons he hasnt made a decision after schefter also tweeted that hill would start. but if you ask me hill will be a gadget qb, winston will see half the snaps too, like we saw last week when brees left the field.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
ah, now i see....

Saints signed QB Trevor Siemian.
Siemian was signed to the active roster with Drew Brees (ribs) on injured reserve. He'll be the No. 3 option behind Taysom Hill and Jameis Winston. Siemian was cut by the Titans after just 17 days earlier this season.
SOURCE: Mike McCartney on Twitter
Nov 20, 2020, 9:39 PM ET

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
It was almost a perfect day with the W, Taysom playing well, def being absolutely brutal AND colts beating GB giving us the 1 seed.
If they didn't take away the Taysom bomb to Sanders for a TD it would have been perfect (and yeah it was an obvious flag).

TD2010

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Who Dat team ticking along nicely. A few mistakes that make closer than it needed to be. Taysom Hill growing nicely. Love the divided opinion on him, means he's being noticed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
This period of Taysom could be a weapon later in the year and into the post season when Drew is back, Taysom has had genuine time behind centre, so when he does get a chance to take a snap or 3 he's going to have far more options in his playbook as a result, making him, and the plays when he's in, far harder to predict.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
This period of Taysom could be a weapon later in the year and into the post season when Drew is back, Taysom has had genuine time behind centre, so when he does get a chance to take a snap or 3 he's going to have far more options in his playbook as a result, making him, and the plays when he's in, far harder to predict.
* Brees off and make this team Taysoms

Some really good points, re: the Saints last push given their cap situation and the double standards compared to Haskins when it's basically the same thing....Kamara is a selfish clown..

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Kamara is a clown, no doubt about it.
He's my favourite player in the NFL so I say this honestly, bloke is a ******* for going out clubbing the day after 6TDs with no mask/social distancing etc.
He could very well miss the playoffs (almost certainly the first game should we not get the 1 seed, sure he could be back for a Sunday game but you KNOW the NFL will schedule us on Saturday) and if that happens a fair chance he'll be the reason we lose.
$75mil doesn't buy common sense.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
FOX's Jay Glazer reports Drew Brees will retire at the end of the Saints' playoff run.
As Glazer stated, Sunday's Divisional tilt with Tampa Bay "will be Brees' last game in the Superdome." If the Saints advance, they'll go to Lambeau Field to face the Packers. Brees just turned 42 this week and has been through a number of painful injuries this season, dealing with broken ribs and a bruised lung. It sounds as if he's ready to walk away. Brees' arm has taken several steps back in recent years. In life after Brees, the Saints have Taysom Hill under contract and could re-sign Jameis Winston to compete for the job.
SOURCE: Jay Glazer on Twitter
Jan 17, 2021, 7:05 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Serious salary cap strain too - we’re in for a few years of darkness whilst we rebuild through the draft. If Payton hangs around I’ll still have faith in our ability to win games and finish mid table, but our years of dominance on the south are over I think.
Dont be so sure. I think theres a good coaching/front office culture there now, therell be a succession plan in place when Payton leaves, but i dont think he'll leave, hang around for the rebuild.

Jameis will have every opportunity to prove he can still be a teams franchise QB next year.

Let's see if he's hungry enough. Should have the playbook down pat after sitting all this year and be ready to roll week 1.

Cant help but feel the saints wasted another year sticking with Brees.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Saints promoted DL coach Ryan Nielsen to assistant head coach.
The Saints have lost a couple of pieces in their front office and coaching staff this offseason, and Nielsen was just offered the LSU defensive coordinator. He leveraged that offering into a better title with more responsibilities. Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer notes Nielsen is viewed as a future head coach by those inside the league. Nielsen has been the Saints' defensive line coach for four seasons.
SOURCE: Albert Breer on Twitter
Jan 19, 2021, 6:48 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Saints signed LB Andrew Dowell, DT Ryan Glasgow, TE Garrett Griffin, DB Grant Haley, LB Chase Hansen, WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey, RB Tony Jones, WR Jake Lampman, LB Wynton McManis, DT Christian Ringo, QB Trevor Siemian, T Calvin Throckmorton, DE Marcus Willoughby, and TE Ethan Wolf to a futures/reserve contract.
Humphrey was in the rotation late in the season when Michael Thomas was on injured reserve, but he didn't do much with the opportunity. He had three receptions all year. The Saints offense will look drastically different without Drew Brees in 2021. It seems as if Marquez Callaway is the best no-name dart throw among the New Orleans' receivers.
SOURCE: Amie Just on Twitter
Jan 20, 2021, 6:22 PM ET

Back