Other New Patriots Scandal - DeflateGate

Remove this Banner Ad

GG would love this

and yet ANOTHER pats related scandal..... I hate this team so Much The Fans Suck the QB is a w***er the Team are as arrogant as ever PLEASE Sea hawks Kill these morons in a Fortnight please and do a Number on brady to Arrogant Tosser..

So apparently the Patriots are being investigated for using deflated footballs against the colts...

Before the question gets asked it makes them easier to catch and hold on to
lol Patriots, always pushing the envelope. But I don't think much will come of it as the officiating squad has final say on the balls (at least according to the NFL rule book)

Each team will make 12 primary balls available for testing by the Referee two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of
the game to meet League requirements. The home team will also make 12 backup balls available for testing in all
stadiums. In addition, the visitors, at their discretion, may bring 12 backup balls to be tested by the Referee for games
held in outdoor stadiums. For allgames, eight new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer to
the Referee, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours and 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the game.
These balls are to be specially marked by the Referee and used exclusively for the kicking game.

In the event a home team ball does not conform to specifications, or its supply is exhausted, the Referee shall secure a proper
ball from the visitors and, failing that, use the best available ball.
Any such circumstances must be reported to the
Commissioner.

In case of rain or a wet, muddy, or slippery field, a playable ball shall be used at the request of the offensive team’s center.
The Game Clock shall not stop for such action (unless undue delay occurs).

Note: It is the responsibility of the home team to furnish playable balls at all times by attendants from either side of the playing field

So apparently the Patriots are being investigated for using deflated footballs against the colts...

Before the question gets asked it makes them easier to catch and hold on to

So one (salty) Indy writer says we're being investigated and it's a national story? Balls are controlled by officials, the same officials who handle the balls between every single play. Players deflate them on the field with their hands all the time. His evidence is officials had to 'investigate' when the pats lined up to snap with a K ball. Alright.

No reputable journalist has mentioned it, but go ahead, we must have cheated for the second straight week.

Maybe instead of being salty as * this guy should have red the rulebook and found a type of fake cheating that is possible.

Last edited:
So one (salty) Indy writer says we're being investigated and it's a national story? Balls are controlled by officials, the same officials who handle the balls between every single play. Players deflate them on the field with their hands all the time. His evidence is officials had to 'investigate' when the pats lined up to snap with a K ball. Alright.

No reputable journalist has mentioned it, but go ahead, we must have cheated for the second straight week.

Maybe instead of being salty as **** this guy should have red the rulebook and found a type of fake cheating that is possible.
It's a rubbish story and we all know it. If the Colts had an issue with the footballs, it would have been brought to the attention of the officials and the official would have changed the balls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pardon my ignorance, but why would deflated balls be an advantage to any team? If they are deflated for both teams, they are playing with the same balls, why is it an issue? If one team was given the deflated balls, maybe there might be an issue but surely it would have be raised with the officials during the game.

Pardon my ignorance, but why would deflated balls be an advantage to any team? If they are deflated for both teams, they are playing with the same balls, why is it an issue? If one team was given the deflated balls, maybe there might be an issue but surely it would have be raised with the officials during the game.

Teams use separate balls. Deflated balls are easier to handle

Maybe instead of being salty as **** this guy should have red the rulebook and found a type of fake cheating that is possible.

Well the NFL is investigating it, it's been confirmed now. I love the way Pats fans get all ultra-defensive the moment anything like this comes up ever since Spygate.

Well the NFL is investigating it, it's been confirmed now. I love the way Pats fans get all ultra-defensive the moment anything like this comes up ever since Spygate.

Its a nothing incident being blown out of proportion. Waste of time talking about it TBH. When we have an incredible SB match up that everyone should be looking forward too. Regardless of who you follow.

Teams use separate balls. Deflated balls are easier to handle
Deflated balls have less weight behind them, and in the strong winds as we saw in Foxboro yesterday, the balls would float all over the place.

Its a nothing incident being blown out of proportion. Waste of time talking about it TBH. When we have an incredible SB match up that everyone should be looking forward too. Regardless of who you follow.
So we are supposed to forget about it because NE was supposed to win anyway is what you're saying?

So we are supposed to forget about it because NE was supposed to win anyway is what you're saying?

NOTE** - Going to my Essendon roots here :D

No.

The NFL has come out and confirmed an investigation in underway. WHICH might I add they would of done regardless as its in their procedure when a ball is removed from circulation.

So until the NFL release its findings what is the point in talking about it??? They are doing what they have to do so lets wait and see what they find.

I'm not saying sweep it under the carpet and whistle but it's taking up alot more media coverage then it needs too.

Lets see what happens.

Eh, I'm still extremely confident that it is nothing.
It's also love the way the win this weekend gave Tom Brady more playoff wins then the Eagles

Eh, I'm still extremely confident that it is nothing.
It's also love the way the win this weekend gave Tom Brady more playoff wins then the Eagles
Way too defensive there buddy ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back