Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Guys,

Survey been sent around by the club,

one interesting question came up.

How likely are you to purchase the option to pick your reserved seat first at the new Perth Stadium for the one-off price of $3000 plus the annual price of your membership?

Now i'm not saying this will happen - but they are certainly seeing if people will arc up about it.

Seems like they will effectively auctioning off the best seats to people who are willing to shell that kind of dough.

personally if i can buy a seat on the wing.. i'd consider it.

But it does seem a bit rough for the average punter.

Thoughts?

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
My biggest problem is all the levels of membership that they are considering, which will serve to isolate the members in each level from each other.
There is a group that is allowed to watch pre game addresses and the post game coaches interview.
There is a group of young business types that can have a bbq and watch from behind the goals
There is a group of well dressed types that have an a la crate menu and mid level wing seats
There is a virgin club lounge group.....

I just want to meet up with people before the game and after the game if we win. I don't want to lock myself in to a group every game which will cost me thousands a year, but I would like to have the option of taking a friend to those facilities on occasion, even if I have to book in advance.

I pay top premium prices for Subiaco Oval, mainly because my seats are some of the few that actually have leg room. I am likely to pay less to go to the new oval, but fork out more for evening games, especially if I can go with people who support other teams, because I enjoy a bit of banter.

youmewe

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
302n9xc.png

couldhavebeen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2012
success
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth lyncs
If they were to use the MCG membership as a guide then I would be interested in paying $3000 but to secure a reserved seat for fremantle home games only then no thanks.
Does anyone know what the membership of the MCG costs both for nomination and yearly membership.
The MCG membership lets you into the ground to sit but it is first in best seat unless you pay extra for the balcony .You are entitled to take a guest if you have full membership at a cost $75 for Footy Finals . Once you are a member you get to go every event at the oval free .Same as a WACA member.
I would seriously look at that .

couldhavebeen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2012
success
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth lyncs
I just checked the MCG web site and guess what .
Nomination fee $110 inc GST, Entrance Fee $990.00 INC GST once only payment which can be made by instalments ,Full membership $650.00 inc GST per year ,Waiting list restricted membership 26 years full membership 40 years .Number of people on the waiting list OMG 242,000 .

May 13, 2014
at the footy
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Roys, Melb Stars, Gryffindor
That option wasn't on my survey. They must know I'm as poor as a church mouse.
The option was on my survey and I don't even have a seat at Subi!

I just checked the MCG web site and guess what .
Nomination fee $110 inc GST, Entrance Fee $990.00 INC GST once only payment which can be made by instalments ,Full membership $650.00 inc GST per year ,Waiting list restricted membership 26 years full membership 40 years .Number of people on the waiting list OMG 242,000 .
Everyone I know with an MCC membership got put on the list at birth. I just leech off them.

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
Given I currently sit directly behind the Freo bench, just a stones throw away from the players, I was hoping they would simply just up and relocate everyone to a near identical seat at Perth Stadium and allow people to then move their seat around if they wish.

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
Only if it gives me a seat to the GF, as if our seats are not expensive enough as it is compared to over East. Next they will put out a survey asking if we will be prepared to pay $25 for a chicken roll at the ground. Need to take a leaf out of the owner of the Atlanta Falcons, at the new stadium they are opening - $2 bottled water, pretzels and popcorn; $3 peanuts, pizza, nachos and waffle fries; and $5 cups of beer.

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
We're already gouged.

But 3 grand just to pick your seat? * that. There are probably going to be 15-20,000 or so really good, undercover seats at the new stadium. They won't be able to find more than a thousand that will pay 3 grand just to pick one of them.

It'd want to include a shitload of extras for me to even consider it.

Back