New Perth Stadium - Prepare to be gouged

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that aint happening.

Incidentally when you click "not very likely" it asks about 2k...then 1k

Yeah, this thread prompted me to do the survey and I got the same.

Then they started with a range of membership packages and asked whether they're appealing.
And they were all s**t. They were either rubbish seats behind the goals or if there was a good seat, it included some wanky package involving a view of the players change rooms and free canapes. It's like they were designed by a bunch of marketing gurus who are under the misconception that everyone else is a marketing guru.

Here's a tip guys: I just want a good seat. I don't give a * about access to 'A la carte dining' or 'minimum standard dress code' or 'listen to the CEO pre game address' or even valet parking or some god damn networking opportunities for young executives (can you imagine the dickheads that you'd have to talk to???). Just give me a seat close to the wing and i'll be happy. I don't know about you guys, but i'm there to watch the footy. I might go to a bar beforehand occasionally, and when my kids are old enough it'd be nice to give them some fun stuff to do. But primarily I just want a good view of the footy.

Then they started with a range of membership packages and asked whether they're appealing.
And they were all s**t. They were either rubbish seats behind the goals or if there was a good seat, it included some wanky package involving a view of the players change rooms and free canapes. It's like they were designed by a bunch of marketing gurus who are under the misconception that everyone else is a marketing guru.

Here's a tip guys: I just want a good seat. I don't give a **** about access to 'A la carte dining' or 'minimum standard dress code' or 'listen to the CEO pre game address' or even valet parking or some god damn networking opportunities for young executives (can you imagine the dickheads that you'd have to talk to???). Just give me a seat close to the wing and i'll be happy. I don't know about you guys, but i'm there to watch the footy. I might go to a bar beforehand occasionally, and when my kids are old enough it'd be nice to give them some fun stuff to do. But primarily I just want a good view of the footy.

This x 1000. Could not agree more Rob, well said.

Here's a tip guys: I just want a good seat. I don't give a **** about access to 'A la carte dining' or 'minimum standard dress code' or 'listen to the CEO pre game address' or even valet parking or some god damn networking opportunities for young executives (can you imagine the dickheads that you'd have to talk to???). Just give me a seat close to the wing and i'll be happy. I don't know about you guys, but i'm there to watch the footy. I might go to a bar beforehand occasionally, and when my kids are old enough it'd be nice to give them some fun stuff to do. But primarily I just want a good view of the footy.

i put extremely important on seat and not important on everything else.

Listening to the coaches pre game address sounds good - i can't see RTB allowing that.

They need to be focussing on getting the families back to the footy so that generations will support this team, can't see it happening as all the focus will be on making money, gouging fans, and the corporate buck.

The one saving grace was that packages for about $250 a year were mentioned. Okay maybe the seats are the worst in the stadium, but I'm thinking they'll still be better than my $600 plus seats now. I may get two seats, or buy a 3 game membership and just rock up to the other games and buy at the door. I can't see myself being trapped in one seat like I am now.

Listening to the coaches pre game address sounds good - i can't see RTB allowing that.

If they get 3000 people prepared to pay $3000 for the privilege he may be instructed to run a dummy address:rolleyes:
Maybe the survey options varied with your declared income/age/gender?
Certainly didn't take to the tone of it all.
Can't see me going to the footy in a smokingjacket :p

I didn't get the $3000 question. Some of those packages were ridiculously priced. One of them started at $4800 per annum for seats in the pocket. Get stuffed, at that price.
I just paid $4000 for a new 75" TV.

One off price.

If that's the crap they are going to pull, I wonder where I'll be watching my footy ?

They couldn't have picked a worse time to ask the question. When we were top of the ladder would probably have seen more interest from the less than fanatical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol dreaming.. I live 2000km away but still pay my full 11 game membership so I can keep my very good seat even though I usually only make 5 games a year.. I want to support the club but if prices keep going up I'll be better off not renewing when the new stadium is built and just purchase a ticket whenever I fly down.

They have always stated that seats will be allocated based on years of membership. If they give priority to those stupid enough to pay $3000 or even $1000 I think I will hand my membership in. Not to sound like a diva but as a 12 year member with a family membership - that's potentially $12,000.

As for all the 'A la carte dining' or the creepy option to watch the players dressing room - They'll sell more memberships if they make the focus the game. Who gives a **** about 'stunning views' of the city. Why would you be looking that way???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for all the 'A la carte dining' or the creepy option to watch the players dressing room - They'll sell more memberships if they make the focus the game. Who gives a **** about 'stunning views' of the city. Why would you be looking that way???

In fairness, looking at what's happening on the field these days can be quite difficult on the senses ... maybe they think this 'refit'/'rebuild' whatever is going to be happening for a while. :confounded:

I had the exact same thoughts, where's the "I want a good seat to watch the footy" option.
I hope they don't use all this crap as an excuse to inflate the memberships even higher.

"Look you now pay an extra $100 for a seat on the wing, but you get valet parking, don't have be around people in shorts and a chef cooks you some finger foods!"
* off.

It's a one off chance for some cash to pay off the new training facilities but they're dreaming at anywhere near that price.

I told you all this was coming ages ago in the stadium thread.

Given I currently sit directly behind the Freo bench, just a stones throw away from the players, I was hoping they would simply just up and relocate everyone to a near identical seat at Perth Stadium and allow people to then move their seat around if they wish.
laughing-gifs-pillow-cover.gif

Not from a club with commercial priorities above all else.

I sit in a similar position at ground level and enjoy the atmosphere provided by the proximity to the players. The survey asked if I would be prepared to pay $4,700 for the privilege when I currently pay budget membership. The Steves can GAGF.

Yeah, yeah, I've already said I'm pulling my membership, but I can still whinge.
The one saving grace was that packages for about $250 a year were mentioned. Okay maybe the seats are the worst in the stadium, but I'm thinking they'll still be better than my $600 plus seats now. I may get two seats, or buy a 3 game membership and just rock up to the other games and buy at the door. I can't see myself being trapped in one seat like I am now.
I didn't get an option for $250 packages, but if that option is going to exist, expect it to consist of a seat outside the stadium with exclusive access to a giant screen.

Given I currently sit directly behind the Freo bench, just a stones throw away from the players, I was hoping they would simply just up and relocate everyone to a near identical seat at Perth Stadium and allow people to then move their seat around if they wish.

I'm also hoping this, seems most logical. People can then move if they wish due to there plenty more seats. I sit middle of the field on the Roberts road end & am quite fond of the seats. Though I cop a drenching haha

Your rights as a buyer of that seat will be eroded over time. It will be like the Quay Club.

Survey was interesting.

I am very interested in buying a good seat on the wing but I don't want to be "third line forced" into buying a package that includes rubbish i don't want. Please don't take all the good seats and make them dependent on buying packaged up valueless crap!

No matter how much they try, sit down lunches in function rooms are only ever going to be the same "rubber chicken" mass catering that you get at every mass event / business presentation lunch etc. There is no value in it. Eat before you go or after you go. I am not interested in sitting at a round table in a function room while the waiter brings around 300 plated up (oven cooked beef fillet with a dollop of mash and a random asparagus spear draped across it / steamed barramundi with a bock choy and potato rosti / oven cooked chicken breast with medley of steamed vegetables). If they go to proper a la carte, the very fact that they have to make a week's worth of money from a single service to a captive audience doesn't bode well for the quality and value proposition.

I hope that avoiding all this crap doesn't mean sitting behind the goals.

Wow, just finished it. I want the best seats I can buy for 600-700 bucks. That's it. Currently sit in budget, but am prepared to spend more for that right. I don't want al a carte, a sky deck, to rub shoulders with anyone, see the city skyline, watch players in the dressing room! wTF

I don't want a minimum dress code, going to the footy is escaping the professional life, last thing I want is more suits around.

The marketing needs to concentrate on the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back