New Perth Stadium - Prepare to be gouged

Remove this Banner Ad

If they were to use the MCG membership as a guide then I would be interested in paying $3000 but to secure a reserved seat for fremantle home games only then no thanks.
Does anyone know what the membership of the MCG costs both for nomination and yearly membership.
The MCG membership lets you into the ground to sit but it is first in best seat unless you pay extra for the balcony .You are entitled to take a guest if you have full membership at a cost $75 for Footy Finals . Once you are a member you get to go every event at the oval free .Same as a WACA member.
I would seriously look at that .

I was an AFL member in Melbourne with Freo affiliation . I t allowed me entry into any game incl finals but not the GF in Melbourne with seating in the AFL section. It cost about the same as a premier Freo membership. $750 or there abouts if I remember

Survey was interesting.

I am very interested in buying a good seat on the wing but I don't want to be "third line forced" into buying a package that includes rubbish i don't want. Please don't take all the good seats and make them dependent on buying packaged up valueless crap!

No matter how much they try, sit down lunches in function rooms are only ever going to be the same "rubber chicken" mass catering that you get at every mass event / business presentation lunch etc. There is no value in it. Eat before you go or after you go. I am not interested in sitting at a round table in a function room while the waiter brings around 300 plated up (oven cooked beef fillet with a dollop of mash and a random asparagus spear draped across it / steamed barramundi with a bock choy and potato rosti / oven cooked chicken breast with medley of steamed vegetables). If they go to proper a la carte, the very fact that they have to make a week's worth of money from a single service to a captive audience doesn't bode well for the quality and value proposition.

I hope that avoiding all this crap doesn't mean sitting behind the goals.

If they genuinely think they can sell 20,000 $2000 memberships with all that other crap thrown in then they've severely overestimated the size of Freo's supporter base as well as the desire of members to actually want that extra stuff to go with their footy.

Bottom line is that we already pay the highest prices in the country (along with the other mob). For the price I pay for my reserved seat I could get some top line packages at other clubs. For that reason they shouldn't be looking at raising prices - they can't afford to, especially with the team's chances looking pretty ordinary in the near future.

Survey was interesting.

I am very interested in buying a good seat on the wing but I don't want to be "third line forced" into buying a package that includes rubbish i don't want. Please don't take all the good seats and make them dependent on buying packaged up valueless crap!

No matter how much they try, sit down lunches in function rooms are only ever going to be the same "rubber chicken" mass catering that you get at every mass event / business presentation lunch etc. There is no value in it. Eat before you go or after you go. I am not interested in sitting at a round table in a function room while the waiter brings around 300 plated up (oven cooked beef fillet with a dollop of mash and a random asparagus spear draped across it / steamed barramundi with a bock choy and potato rosti / oven cooked chicken breast with medley of steamed vegetables).

the level of catering for the old anchor club (sp?) was disgraceful. You were paying like 200-300 per game and there were still dishing up this absolute dreck of food, treating you like some kind of cattle. It was honestly appalling.

we'll never see proper food because they want to make 200% margin.

stadium logic - plenty more customers available - why pay $40 for good food basics when you can pay $10 and charge $150

I had a few goes through the survey to get the range of options they are considering. Obviously the club is considering what the sweet spot will be for the prices they charge, and what kind of corporate packages they can sell. If you say you are happy to pay the first option, then the next option is higher. Not all of the packages will be a goer, I would imagine, as some seem to overlap with the seating they offer. But it seems that unless you pay a heap, the middle tier will be unavailable to normal spectators. The option of paying $3000 down to $1000 for first dibs at a seat was asked, but so was the question of how many 2017 members with their own first options there will be.

Here are the options and pricing suggested in the survey:

Category 1 membership- pocket or behind goal, lower-level seating

Key Benefits:
* Reserved seat to all 11 home games
* Reserved seat location: pocket-behind goal/ground level
* First rights to purchase tickets to entertainment events at the new Perth Stadium
* Access to food court
Prices asked $345 down to $265 (price options go up to over $500 if first choice is extremely likely)

Category 2 membership - pocket or behind goal, upper-level seating.

Key Benefits:
* Reserved seat location: pocket-behind goal/upper level
* First rights to purchase tickets to entertainment events at the new Perth Stadium
* Access to food court
Prices asked $470 down to $362 (price options can go up to over $600 if first choice is extremely likely)

Category 3 Membership
Key Benefits:
* Reserved seat location: pocket-behind goal/mid level
* Access to open deck area
* Access to buffet style restaurant
* Access to areas restricted to those with my type of ticket
Prices asked $685 down to $527

Category 4 Membership - centre wing, low or upper-level seating with access to a social club style facility for pre and post-match hospitality, as well as an a la carte restaurant.

Key Benefits:
* Reserved seat location: centre wing/ground or upper level
* Access to supporter area (social club style facility for pre and post game)
* Access to 'a la carte' restaurant
* Post-game entertainment
* Minimum dress code for restricted areas

Prices asked $815 down to $627 (price options can go over $1000 if first choice is extremely likely).

Category 5 Membership - centre wing, mid-level seating with access to a lounge with breathtaking views of the city skyline and river as well as the field of play.

Key Benefits:
* Access to the best seats in the house (centre wing / mid level)
* Access to a lounge with city skyline views
* Post-game entertainment
* Minimum dress code for restricted areas

Prices asked $1145 down to $881

Premium membership options that could be offered by the Fremantle Dockers in the new Perth Stadium.

Club Lounge - utilised for a combination of flexible dining options which provides for an upscale game-day experience with great field views and a sophisticated choice of dining options for club members.

Key Benefits:
* "Virgin Lounge" environment accommodating up to 850 guests
* Dedicated external seating between 50m arcs
* Mix of lounge chairs, cocktail tables and bar stools
* Inclusive of basic canapes, with further dining options
* Best location in the house (centre wing / mid level)
* Opportunity to network with other club members and their guest
Prices asked $1760 down to $1354

Dining Room - a combination of high-end President's Functions and other dining packages and coterie groups, with premium padded seats directly adjacent to dining rooms.

Key Benefits:
* Formal and premium pre-game sit-down dining experience
* Large flexible areas (catering up to 100-200 guests) with a social bar with city views
* Best seats in the house (centre wing / mid level)
Prices asked: $3000 down to $2308

Open Deck Terrace - a more informal style of entertaining with a relaxed outdoor atmosphere, targeted to the younger corporate or high net worth market or small business customer, with informal/cocktail style dining.

Key Benefits:
* Located behind the goals with elevated outdoor/indoor seating area
* Designed with a basic, utilitarian fit-out with bar stools and high top tables as well as standing room
* Equipped with an open BBQ area
* Balcony overlooking the field of play
* Access to premium food and beverage service
Prices asked: $2800 down to $2154

Field Club - located at the level of the playing field with a ground level view and access to the playing arena, providing an exclusive insight into your team pre and post-match, with informal/cocktail style dining.

Key Benefits:
* Social club that fits up to 300 patrons
* Located at the level of the playing field, at close proximity to players/coaches
* Access to players' pre-game talk
* View of players' pre-game warm-up
* Viewing of post-game press conference
Prices asked: $4700 down to $3615

Chairman's Lounge - the ultimate in exclusivity and luxury for premium VIP members and their guests, with first-class, flexible food and beverage options and silver service standards.

Key Benefits:
* Most exclusive VIP experience
* Best seats in the house (centre wing / mid level)
* A full A La Carte fine dining restaurant experience
* Guaranteed parking for guests with concierge facilities
* Limousine drop-off
Prices asked: $9250 down to $7115

The way we are going, and 20000 turning up last w/end, I might just get rid of my membership, and pick & choose the games I want to go to.

Seriously, I believe that this is a very reasonable future scenario. Membership is attractive now because seating is capped at a fairly low number (something in the high 30,000s). So supporters who wanted to watch their team have scrambled to secure seated membership and then keep it. Simple economics - high demand and inelastic, low supply.

The "supply" of seats will substantially increase when we move to the new stadium. Therefeore, the numbers only stack-up if demand soaks-up and exceeds supply (as it currently does).

Apart from the bandwagoners, people's circumstances and interests change. Realistically, many people will be reassessing their situations and perhaps joining Wild Side.

the other thing to consider is the WA economy is in the shitter at the moment, some of those packages seem a little unlikely to get much play. ie: the Open Deck Terrace - not aware of too many "young corporates" who would be the position to be paying $250 a game to stand at the back.

Seriously, I believe that this is a very reasonable future scenario. Membership is attractive now because seating is capped at a fairly low number (something in the high 30,000s). So supporters who wanted to watch their team have scrambled to secure seated membership and then keep it. Simple economics - high demand and inelastic, low supply.

The "supply" of seats will substantially increase when we move to the new stadium. Therefeore, the numbers only stack-up if demand soaks-up and exceeds supply (as it currently does).

Apart from the bandwagoners, people's circumstances and interests change. Realistically, many people will be reassessing their situations and perhaps joining Wild Side.

Yeah if the prices go up significantly i'll be canning it and going the GA route. That said, i've clearly stuffed up some options in the survey as I didn't get any options under about 500.

It's a perfect storm of s**t on field results, economic downturn and quite possibly a reduction in freagle numbers given the new stadium will clear most of WC's waiting list and have the GA seats available.

There are quite a few scenarios i can see playing out actually with the new stadium.

- More seats = more GA = less need for membership if you are not fussy about seating

however there is also other considerations
- the 30k is a soft number because there are ALOT of s**t seats at subiaco. If i didn't have my current seats i wouldn't go. The new stadium will have alot more higher quality seats. Less restricted viewing etc.
- People wanting to reserve the seat for the long term

WCE seem to be under the impression their membership + waiting list will mean a packed 60k membership list which just won't happen.

My guess it will stay about the same 30k freo, 40k WCE.

The way we are going, and 20000 turning up last w/end, I might just get rid of my membership, and pick & choose the games I want to go to.

If you miss the boat you won't be able to get on later is all i would say - the stadium is going to be there for a very long time and seats on the wing for example will go like hot cakes.

the reason we had 20k on the weekend is simply 1) rain 2) we're playing like s**t 3) fyfe is out injured.

All three of those should be fixed by 2018.

"The prices mentioned in the survey are hypothetical" Yeah. So were the changes to the playing strip in that other survey.

The prices mentioned in the survey ranged from $265 upwards. Would you be happy paying $265 a year? I would. I'd buy two tickets at that price.

My point is that the prices range widely over the whole survey. Some are getting their knickers in a knot because of the higher prices mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The prices mentioned in the survey ranged from $265 upwards. Would you be happy paying $265 a year? I would. I'd buy two tickets at that price.

My point is that the prices range widely over the whole survey. Some are getting their knickers in a knot because of the higher prices mentioned.
If people are happy with s**t seats, then good luck to them. The fact is if you want a decent one you're going to pay through the nose for it.

Am I the only one that think it's awesome that the club is looking at offering a variety of options and levels to enhance the game day experience for those that want to?

I think $1500 ish a year for the club lounge option sounds like something that I would go for.

Appreciate not everyone can afford premium options but the pricing is just speculative. I seriously doubt it will end up being as expensive as the survey suggests.

If people are happy with s**t seats, then good luck to them. The fact is if you want a decent one you're going to pay through the nose for it.

I don't like the prices either but I also don't like paying premium prices for a s**t conditions and seat at Subi. The cheap seats in Melbourne are top class. Hopefully the cheap seats at the new stadium will be the same.

If you miss the boat you won't be able to get on later is all i would say - the stadium is going to be there for a very long time and seats on the wing for example will go like hot cakes.

the reason we had 20k on the weekend is simply 1) rain 2) we're playing like s**t 3) fyfe is out injured.

All three of those should be fixed by 2018.

Hopefully mate. But I might wing it. The problem as I see it, is there will be no parking, so most people will have to get to and from the game via train. Now, have you tried to do that at Subi ?? Its a f**king disaster if you are on the Freo line when its busy. I reckon that TransPerth couldn't run a chook raffle properly, so I see big problems with the train network, which would piss me right off. I think train tickets will be paid for by your admission though, so that's one +ve. I particularly hope you are right about us playing better, coz if not the stadium will become a West Toast, and cricket ground.

However, I think you are right.

Timing was very badly thought out though.

I'm probably going to let my membership go, coz i'm sick of Lloyd & Bond stuffing up in the draft. I 'm sick of helping to finance incompetence.

I'll get the a la carte menu with the city skyline views please. Also can I upgrade to a room with a spa?

I don't like the prices either but I also don't like paying premium prices for a s**t conditions and seat at Subi. The cheap seats in Melbourne are top class. Hopefully the cheap seats at the new stadium will be the same.
I was talking about the position of the seats, not the quality of the actual seat you sit on.

Important to remember that even cheap seats at modern stadiums generally have acceptable views of the playing surface.
Playing surface, yes. Action, no.

"The prices mentioned in the survey are hypothetical" Yeah. So were the changes to the playing strip in that other survey.
There you go again you can't let go about the change in jumpers. The new jumpers with the Chevrons are far better than the initial ones so get with the program Reg and don't let your bitterness cloud your judgement. The Steve's have done a fantastic job compared to the previous administration.

true that Salim.

One big improvement is the number of different classes of seats (which i would expect to stay).

atm you can be in "premium" seating which is still uncovered in the pocket. On wooden seats.

* that.

Hopefully mate. But I might wing it. The problem as I see it, is there will be no parking, so most people will have to get to and from the game via train. Now, have you tried to do that at Subi ?? Its a f**king disaster if you are on the Freo line when its busy. I reckon that TransPerth couldn't run a chook raffle properly, so I see big problems with the train network, which would piss me right off. I think train tickets will be paid for by your admission though, so that's one +ve. I particularly hope you are right about us playing better, coz if not the stadium will become a West Toast, and cricket ground.

Getting to the game on the train - golden
getting home - nightmare.

however if there was a good entertainment district around the ground, I think my thoughts would be different as i could hang around for an hour or so, have a couple of pots before taking the train home.

NB the more i think about paying a lump sum for a good seat the more i like it, since i'd be planning on going for the next 20-30 years so it wouldn't be that expensive in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back