New Perth Stadium - Prepare to be gouged

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing surface, yes. Action, no.
I think unless you are towards the back of the top deck it shouldn't be too bad. Funnily enough I know you enjoy sitting in the very first row but I hate that ha because I like to see the play unfold from a higher level and don't actually care about seeing the players up really close.

There you go again you can't let go about the change in jumpers. The new jumpers with the Chevrons are far better than the initial ones so get with the program Reg and don't let your bitterness cloud your judgement. The Steve's have done a fantastic job compared to the previous administration.
And you've done a fantastic job of missing the point. That being that our current administration is not averse to pulling swifties.

NB the more i think about paying a lump sum for a good seat the more i like it, since i'd be planning on going for the next 20-30 years so it wouldn't be that expensive in the end.

a7eb19ae524e1d066fae16e5e7c0438c86fa321468cd3e3d0764731cf86f869c.jpg

I told them I only cared about having a reserved seat and free public transport, and ticked 'completely uninterested' for everything else.

I think as soon as they see my uni student household income from the early question they'll chuck my survey straight in the bin anyway lol.

The prices mentioned in the survey ranged from $265 upwards. Would you be happy paying $265 a year? I would. I'd buy two tickets at that price.

My point is that the prices range widely over the whole survey. Some are getting their knickers in a knot because of the higher prices mentioned.

Yeah, the prices quoted for the seating packages actually seemed pretty reasonable. Thanks for doing the work by messing around with your answers - I marked a level of uninterested for all of them so I never got to the price section of the survey.

I pay about $800 or so for a premium gold reserved seat now, and i'd be happy if I pay the same for a similar seat at the new stadium, so something like the Category 4 package above.

Category 4 Membership - centre wing, low or upper-level seating with access to a social club style facility for pre and post-match hospitality, as well as an a la carte restaurant.

Key Benefits:
* Reserved seat to all 11 home games
* Reserved seat location: centre wing/ground or upper level
* Access to supporter area (social club style facility for pre and post game)
* Access to 'a la carte' restaurant
* Post-game entertainment
* First rights to purchase tickets to entertainment events at the new Perth Stadium
* Access to areas restricted to those with my type of ticket
* Minimum dress code for restricted areas

Prices asked $815 down to $627 (price options can go over $1000 if first choice is extremely likely).

On reflection I'd pay around $800 for that, minus the dress code.

I had a few goes through the survey to get the range of options they are considering...
When everything turns to s**t, I'm blaming you for ******* up the survey process.

I told them I only cared about having a reserved seat and free public transport, and ticked 'completely uninterested' for everything else.

I think as soon as they see my uni student household income from the early question they'll chuck my survey straight in the bin anyway lol.
I did the same responses but set the income to the highest to skew the data. ;)

Thread delivers. People have bitched for years about the crappy facilities at Subi. Now club is canvassing folks to see what they think of membership options that will give you some priority access to the fancy new facilities and people are bitching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All 99% of people want is to buy their ticket, and be able to piss/s**t/eat/drink/commute with a minimum of fuss. It's not that bloody hard. Comfortable seats. Lots of toilets. Lots of places to buy food/drinks without a long wait and without any restrictions on entry.

But if they want to let a bunch of boffins scratch their head and try to cook up a bunch of packages for the other 1%, then so be it. Maybe they will see how little interest there is in the non-essential stuff.

I had to laugh at the page which came up which asked to tick only 3 boxes for things you are least interested in ... it was basically impossible as almost every single thing on the page had absolutely zero interest to me.

All 99% of people want is to buy their ticket, and be able to piss/s**t/eat/drink/commute with a minimum of fuss. It's not that bloody hard. Comfortable seats. Lots of toilets. Lots of places to buy food/drinks without a long wait and without any restrictions on entry.

But if they want to let a bunch of boffins scratch their head and try to cook up a bunch of packages for the other 1%, then so be it. Maybe they will see how little interest there is in the non-essential stuff.

I had to laugh at the page which came up which asked to tick only 3 boxes for things you are least interested in ... it was basically impossible as almost every single thing on the page had absolutely zero interest to me.

Absolutely spot-on!

I thought exactly the same thing about that same question. I initially left it purposely blank because I didn't find any of the options added anything to my "football match-day experience" (I feel dirty for writing that). I clicked on the continue button, but no, I needed to select three from each of the two columns to proceed to the next question. So I picked three that less than vaguely "interested" me, but which in reality I don't give a rat's rear-end about. And of course those answers will be fed back to the club who will then add these unwanted things, and build it into the cost of my membership, because "that's what our members' survey said they wanted."

Reminds me of this scene from "Yes Prime Minister" -

I initially left it purposely blank because I didn't find any of the options added anything to my "football match-day experience" (I feel dirty for writing that). I clicked on the continue button, but no, I needed to select three from each of the two columns to proceed to the next question.

I tried to do the same, so once it made me go back I tried to pick the least offensive options that I thought they had the least chance of screwing up and/or the least chance of them raising the price of tickets for. So stuff like nice gardens/walkways/BBQ facilities/green space/etc.

Man what a negative bunch you are!
Not really.
A survey that doesn't allow you to say "none of the above" is push polling, and the survey will get the answer it is looking for.
Also, a survey that is designed for you to chose earlier, more expensive options before you have seen other, less expensive options, is designed so the result is biased toward the higher-priced options.

Not really.
A survey that doesn't allow you to say "none of the above" is push polling, and the survey will get the answer it is looking for.
Also, a survey that is designed for you to chose earlier, more expensive options before you have seen other, less expensive options, is designed so the result is biased toward the higher-priced options.

The pricing in the survey is actually midpoint. If you select highly likely it starts to offer you more expensive options.

That aside it's the fact that folks want a none of the above option that I was referring to. It seems like Perth folk like to whinge.

Last edited:
The pricing in the survey is actually midpoint. If you select highly likely it starts to offer you more expensive options.

That aside it's the face that folks want a none of the above option that I was referring to. It seems like Perth folk like to whinge.
It's also likely that some people can tell when they're being ****ed about. Maybe that's not so obvious to the inexperienced.

That aside it's the face that folks want a none of the above option that I was referring to. It seems like Perth folk like to whinge.

I just think it's smart to be wary about them offering to tack on unnecessary extras before the prices have been finalised.

It's also likely that some people can tell when they're being stuffed about. Maybe that's not so obvious to the inexperienced.

Lol. Yeah I've been around the block a few times thanks mate. I think the premium membership offerings look awesome and am glad that the club is looking to offer a variety of different membership levels. Sue me.

Lol. Yeah I've been around the block a few times thanks mate. I think the premium membership offerings look awesome and am glad that the club is looking to offer a variety of different membership levels. Sue me.
Why give you the pleasure? You obviously get off on financial pain. Hopefully you haven't been around the block so many times that bending over is difficult for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back