New Perth Stadium - Prepare to be gouged

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone get the new survey?

That one was much less laborious and more obvious about what it was doing.

Much easier to teach it that I wanted a specific seating location only under a specific price, and stuff the rest of the s**t.

Anyone get the new survey?

That one was much less laborious and more obvious about what it was doing.

Much easier to teach it that I wanted a specific seating location only under a specific price, and stuff the rest of the s**t.

Yup. As you say, a lot more realistic than the last one. I clicked 'None of these options' to most of the pages.

As a 14 year Premium Gold member, I always said I'd accept nothing less than a mid level wing seat for a similar price to what I pay at the moment. Multiple options in the survey, and one of the options gives me what I'm after for $950 a season, (so $86 per game). That's, l think, less than $10 extra per game to what I'm paying at the moment. If that's roughly what the across the board pricing structure will be, I reckon I'd be fairly happy with that.

Yup. As you say, a lot more realistic than the last one. I clicked 'None of these options' to most of the pages.

As a 14 year Premium Gold member, I always said I'd accept nothing less than a mid level wing seat for a similar price to what I pay at the moment. Multiple options in the survey, and one of the options gives me what I'm after for $950 a season, (so $86 per game). That's, l think, less than $10 extra per game to what I'm paying at the moment. If that's roughly what the across the board pricing structure will be, I reckon I'd be fairly happy with that.

I have a mid level seat close to behind the goals currently, for which I pay about $75 a game ie about $800 a season. But if I had a choice I would prefer to be along the wings in the same position or at ground level. (I don't have a choice because I've lucked into seats with great leg room and am prepared to pay heaps extra for that one detail.)
The prices seem to be quite reasonable. I may even be able to afford two seats for about the price that I pay for one now, assuming that all seats at the new stadium have a minimum amount of comfort / leg room.

I would love an option for the first year of the stadium where you can sit in different areas and work out what works best for you. Maybe home games 1-3 in lower tier, 4-6 in upper tier etc.

If you sit on the wing now, you should be guaranteed a seat on the wing in 2018.

Also, I believe public transport is currently included in our membership cost. Looks like that might only be an option in the future. (Don't envisage a resulting drop in price if I don't take that up though...)

If you sit on the wing now, you should be guaranteed a seat on the wing in 2018.

Also, I believe public transport is currently included in our membership cost. Looks like that might only be an option in the future. (Don't envisage a resulting drop in price if I don't take that up though...)

Yeah it is iirc. 3 hours before and 3 hours after (plus during the game, of course)

It would end up like $5-$10 a game for public transport for me and more for others who live further away. Having it included is a pretty good move

Yeah it is iirc. 3 hours before and 3 hours after (plus during the game, of course)

It would end up like $5-$10 a game for public transport for me and more for others who live further away. Having it included is a pretty good move

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the free transport was an initiative of Transperth rather than a 'payment' from the club itself. Some sort of agreement between WAFC, Transperth and the PTA and some such to help ensure an alleviation in traffic. Certainly that's my memory, whether that changed at some point I'm not sure.

Anyway, point is that it's not the club which has paid it for us to this point as such. So if it's going to cost in future, they're just going to pass on the cost they've never covered in the first place.

doubt that will happen. It will be a mad scramble.

Nope, this is from the FFC website:

"How do Fremantle Dockers members transition to the Perth Stadium?

In October 2016, Fremantle Dockers reserved seat members will receive their 2017 Fremantle Dockers membership pack. To be guaranteed a seat at the Perth Stadium members should:

1. Renew their 2017 reserved seat membership by 30 November 2016.

2. In early 2017, all financial reserved seat members will be invited to utilise the on-line seating map to
    review the reserved seat membership options available at the Perth Stadium.

3. Once the club has allocated members a reserved seat that is equivalent to their current seat at Domain
    Stadium
    members can then accept the seat at the Perth Stadium; or

4. Utilise the on-line seating map to move to an alternative location in the stadium (subject to availability
    and with priority given based on years of membership). " (My italics).

So there won't be a mad scramble. 43000 should fit into 60000 pretty easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else submitted their application to group several people together? I was a bit perplexed that when after submitting it redirected me to surveymonkey.... Anyone else experience this?

Anyone else submitted their application to group several people together? I was a bit perplexed that when after submitting it redirected me to surveymonkey.... Anyone else experience this?
Yes. All they've done (I assume) is sub the data collection and management out to Surveymonkey. Makes sense really. I mean the membership dept. don't even track queries* so its probably safe to assume their IM is pretty primitive.

*You should be able to be allocated query id's so they can link multiple phone call records / emails etc. together and cross reference them with members and groups of members. You know like if multiple people are trying to arrange seat moves, want to remain together, etc. They seem to have no way to track things, but I digress.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-22/new-perth-stadium-deal-finally-reached

"As part of a second deal between the WA government, stadium operator VenuesLive, the AFL, West Coast and Fremantle, 50,000 seats will be available for members of the teams for their AFL premiership season home games.

At least 6000 tickets will be available to non-AFL club members for every one of those matches.

Only 1385 Perth Stadium memberships will be on offer for fans who want to see every event at the new facility."

Does that mean the seats will be packed with home team members and not much else?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-22/new-perth-stadium-deal-finally-reached

"As part of a second deal between the WA government, stadium operator VenuesLive, the AFL, West Coast and Fremantle, 50,000 seats will be available for members of the teams for their AFL premiership season home games.

At least 6000 tickets will be available to non-AFL club members for every one of those matches.

Only 1385 Perth Stadium memberships will be on offer for fans who want to see every event at the new facility."

Does that mean the seats will be packed with home team members and not much else?

I see the 50k being split between the home and away teams.

I'm not too bothered.I got an email from the club the other day saying something about me needing to confirm my seats,even though I'm on a direct debit set up.
I'll ring them and check out the options.
These things don't work unless they give the inside running to their long term members.
I'm not after bells and whistles just seats with an equivalent view for a similar price.My seats in 104,directly behind our dug out was a great spot.
Looking forward to it.Reckon we'll see signs of the future direction next season.

I'm not too bothered.I got an email from the club the other day saying something about me needing to confirm my seats,even though I'm on a direct debit set up.
I'll ring them and check out the options.
These things don't work unless they give the inside running to their long term members.
I'm not after bells and whistles just seats with an equivalent view for a similar price.My seats in 104,directly behind our dug out was a great spot.
Looking forward to it.Reckon we'll see signs of the future direction next season.

I'm in 104 as well. From what I've read we're being relocated to an identical spot first before being given an option to change seats if there's availability. That better be right I want my spot dead centre on the wing.

I'm in 104 as well. From what I've read we're being relocated to an identical spot first before being given an option to change seats if there's availability. That better be right I want my spot dead centre on the wing.

You can have it, but it'll cost you a grand. $800 if you want to sit in the first few rows.

There are actually plenty of relatively cheap decent seats, but 1st tier on the wing is not where you'll find them.

You guys are getting screwed harder than us if these leaked sites are correct.

Did a comparison of Eagles V Dockers pricing -

Middle of ground lower - 119 Row 10 $830 v $999 (Eagles $169 cheaper)
Upper - 519 Row 12 $610 v $799 (Eagles $189 cheaper)

Behind goals lower - 131 Row 3 $390 v $329 (Dockers $61 cheaper)
Next tier - 331 Row 3 $500 v $599 (Eagles $99 cheaper)

Premium options
334 Row 3 "Club 87" $1650 v "Sports Lounge" $1295 (Dockers $355 cheaper)

Dockers get slightly cheaper budget and premium options. Although not sure what extra are included in each premium option to justify a $355 difference on premium seat, maybe a real awesome scarf and members badge!
Personally I don't care for either of those options. Don't want a budget seat, can't afford a premium seat.
Eagles win out for mine on the seating options I am looking at!

And I just noticed both sites are running a different time of day. Eagles is more afternoon with half of the ground still covered by sunlight. Dockers is evening and makes a lot of the seats look more attractive as they don't have sun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back