New Perth Stadium - Prepare to be gouged

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to feel like the prices might not be correct...

Found the biggest difference between the 2 clubs.

126 Row 14 - $720 v $329 (Dockers $391 cheaper)
Now the only difference I can see is that for the eagles it gives you access to the Captains Club.
Not sure what goes on in the Captains Club, but surely its not worth $35 a game.

Dockers Section 126 Row 20 $329 (Category 5). Dockers Section 125 Row 20 $999 (Category 1). Benefits listed are exactly the same. If someone was sitting 5M to my right and paying $670 less than me then I would be pissed!

Starting to feel like the prices might not be correct...

Found the biggest difference between the 2 clubs.

126 Row 14 - $720 v $329 (Dockers $391 cheaper)
Now the only difference I can see is that for the eagles it gives you access to the Captains Club.
Not sure what goes on in the Captains Club, but surely its not worth $35 a game.

Dockers Section 126 Row 20 $329 (Category 5). Dockers Section 125 Row 20 $999 (Category 1). Benefits listed are exactly the same. If someone was sitting 5M to my right and paying $670 less than me then I would be pissed!

Hi mate,

Can you give us a link to where you're getting your pricing info?

Family found seats for $360.

Will be taking a massive downgrade from the $700 seats I have had over the last decade. I have bigger fish to fry.

Was told today that owing to the protracted stadium negotiations those on direct debit will pay over 8 months, not 10 as per previous years. Could be a problem if your seat has gone up significantly in price.

2019 Membership renewals come out today. I have no idea what, if any increase there will be but based on previous years I’m expecting somewhere between 25-50 bucks. Any increase will put us out of the game. Like most, our disposable discretionary spend is at its limit. No salary increase since 2012 compounded by increased cost of living expenses something has to give. The move to Optus was a $150 increase over 2017 which we covered by dropping our GF guarantee. We are seriously looking at dropping a 22 year membership if we can’t find a game day alternative. We are part of a group of 6, all are in the same boat. The club has muted the mantra of “Pay Up” and then we’ll see what we can do. That’s not cutting with our group. We will wait until February before we make a final decision but things aren’t looking good for 2019.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's kind of funny them thinking we're here to cop a price rise.

Based on what?

Our awesome performance, or the ******* huge 30-40k crowds we've been drawing to the 65k stadium.
Not sure whether i'll pay the extra or not. I'm leaning toward not. Either way, i'm giving them a mouthful.

2019 Membership renewals come out today. I have no idea what, if any increase there will be but based on previous years I’m expecting somewhere between 25-50 bucks. Any increase will put us out of the game. Like most, our disposable discretionary spend is at its limit. No salary increase since 2012 compounded by increased cost of living expenses something has to give. The move to Optus was a $150 increase over 2017 which we covered by dropping our GF guarantee. We are seriously looking at dropping a 22 year membership if we can’t find a game day alternative. We are part of a group of 6, all are in the same boat. The club has muted the mantra of “Pay Up” and then we’ll see what we can do. That’s not cutting with our group. We will wait until February before we make a final decision but things aren’t looking good for 2019.

I’d be interested to hear the response you get if/when you don’t rejoin.

I got a seat for 320 bucks.
There’s some cheaper ones there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeh im in a $315 block.. there were spare seats everywhere during the year. Although whenever you looked on the Mapping site, only a couple of singles were available. I guess people just weren't showing up.

Ended up saving abut $170 by moving from subi, so im ahead for a few years yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's kind of funny them thinking we're here to cop a price rise.

Based on what?

Our awesome performance, or the ******* huge 30-40k crowds we've been drawing to the 65k stadium.
Not sure whether i'll pay the extra or not. I'm leaning toward not. Either way, i'm giving them a mouthful.

Average 42K in a 60K stadium, but if you're going to melt you might as well make s**t up at the same time. The only big interstate clubs we played against were Pies (41K in R23), Hawks (42K in R19) and Bombers (49K in R2). To average 42K with home games against Crows, Port (both have very few local fans), Brisbane and a bunch of lowly supported Vic teams is a great effort, I think we were 4th in AFL for average home attendances.

If you don't want to attend or be a member do whatever floats your boat. Just stop making up bullshit to justify it.

If you don't want to attend or be a member do whatever floats your boat. Just stop making up bullshit to justify it.

Cheap shot mate, no one said they don’t want to attend or be a member. And as for the so called bullshit, not everyone has stash of cash, the cost of essential living is rising and something has to give way.

Average 42K in a 60K stadium, but if you're going to melt you might as well make s**t up at the same time. The only big interstate clubs we played against were Pies (41K in R23), Hawks (42K in R19) and Bombers (49K in R2). To average 42K with home games against Crows, Port (both have very few local fans), Brisbane and a bunch of lowly supported Vic teams is a great effort, I think we were 4th in AFL for average home attendances.

There were plenty of small crowds mate get your head out your arse.

Cheap shot mate, no one said they don’t want to attend or be a member. And as for the so called bullshit, not everyone has stash of cash, the cost of essential living is rising and something has to give way.

I was pointing out the lies about crowds. I'm not having a go at how they spend their disposable income, do whatever, but don't make up bullshit to justify it. I even bolded the bit I had issue with. Nowhere did I mention affordability. I'm pretty sure this is saying they are considering not being a member.

Yes, even with those small crowds we still averaged 42K in a 60K stadium. So to say 30-40 in a 65K stadium is bullshit.

4 games under 40k (including GC's home game). 33,190 was the lowest. Interestingly three of them ended up being games we won (GC, Port and Adelaide). So I wouldn't say plenty of small crowds but if you compare to Rd 2 against Essendon (49,021 - our 2nd biggest crowd after the home derby) the atmosphere was nowhere near that good in the second half of the season. That Essendon game was easily my favourite of the year.

If people want to save some dollars just go up to Level 5. I watched a few sports from up there this year and it's a great perspective (if you can keep an eye on the big screens at stoppages) and much cheaper. My seats are on lvl 3 but lvl 5 is better to see how we and the opposition structure.

Got an email to say my Cat 1 membership would now include the Supporters Club add-on for no extra price. This cost $100 last year yeah? In any case, I'm still changing to a lower category next year. * paying $999 a year to watch what we dished up last year. Daylight ******* robbery. Only in Western Australia, in cahoot$ with the AFL, can the laws of demand and supply be so egregiously turned upside down.

Gday

Nine games under 42k.
Four under 40k. I won't count the game where we had 40028.
Three at 33k.

I apologise for not performing statistical analysis on the crowd figures before posting.
I was way off.

Hope you're ok with people posting there mate.
Want to charge me 25% more for it, or shall I do a word count check first?

Gday

Nine games under 42k.
Four under 40k. I won't count the game where we had 40028.
Three at 33k.

I apologise for not performing statistical analysis on the crowd figures before posting.
I was way off.

Hope you're ok with people posting there mate.

Just rounded 60K seating off to 65K?

Very kind of you to not count 40028 as under 40K.

You seem like the type of person who would give someone a mouthful.

I've read this and you've got me. I don't understand your language nor your maths.

Prices here:
https://membership.fremantlefc.com.au/reserved-seating-1

Only the lower 2 categories have gone up ($20 each). Range $269 to $999.

fyi, West Coast has put up every category by $10 this year. Range $400 to $840

So same as last year - Freo's top categories are a lot more than West Coasts, but the cheap seats are still a lot cheaper.

However, someone said freo have been reclassifying seats - so some members will jump up $200 for the same seat - any truth in this?

Sports Lounge has gone up to $1349 from $1250 last year. We are giving ours up as mostly corporates giving them away to opposition supporters.

We were really disappointed but have been offered Cat 1 seats at the back of block 123.

Looking forward to no sun and Freo Supporters.

Sports Lounge has gone up to $1349 from $1250 last year. We are giving ours up as mostly corporates giving them away to opposition supporters.

We were really disappointed but have been offered Cat 1 seats at the back of block 123.

Looking forward to no sun and Freo Supporters.
Cracking seats 123.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back