Opinion New player roles - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how adventurous Bolton and the coaching group may be in providing players new roles or positions, but no doubt there will be challenges put upon players and some will have ultimatums put on them to nail down a position, in order to remain at the club, post '17.

Who do you see given a new role and why?

1. Kristian Jaksch.

I think the back-line is all but closed for Kristian, with the recruitment of Marchbank & Macreadie, so forward line it should be for the duration of the year.
Kristian is a good mark and a terrific kick and even if he does start in the VFL, he should be given every chance to make god in the one post and not just thrown from back to forward. It just seemed to confuse him last year.

Granted I'm usually the one who decries people trying to turn our entire list into midfielders......BUT...........I do believe Byrne may well be a show - particularly as our back-line is already pretty well established.

Rowe forward for mine. If not, then Weitering forward. SOMEONE FORWARD FFS!!!

I don't really think we'll see Byrne play in the middle at stoppages, but I imagine the club would want him to push up the ground whenever the opportunity presents. Kinda obligatory for a small defender now anyway I guess.

I'd like to see Sumner spend time in the middle. His burst pace could be very handy and he can kick on both sides.

Rowe forward for mine. If not, then Weitering forward. SOMEONE FORWARD FFS!!!

I don't really think we'll see Byrne play in the middle at stoppages, but I imagine the club would want him to push up the ground whenever the opportunity presents. Kinda obligatory for a small defender now anyway I guess.

I'd like to see Sumner spend time in the middle. His burst pace could be very handy and he can kick on both sides.
Bullshit. My idea is revolutionary and very left-field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harks must be bored!

Pretty thrilled actually.
Just got advice of two great things half an hour apart.
When it rains.........

Buckley on a wing.

Nothing new here but where else is there for Dylan to go?
Can't play midfield, doesn't defend particularly well and doesn't kick goals from the forward line.

Can anyone else seea new role for Dylan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back