Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Grant Thomas was just repeating what the age blatantly insinuated on their podcast with Michael Christian and the rumours about Buddy and Hanners on the bigfooty board
He’s addicted to twitter notifications though, he probably should give it a rest for a little bit. I love GT and Sams contempt for Fitzpatrick though

certainly has escalated. dropping the c bomb a fair bit, insinuations of drug use etc etc.
it's a shame there isn't a full time gig for gt somewhere in the business.
what i didn't like, was sam backtracking really quickly after he accused buddy's absence from the finals a couple of years ago was for something else and covered up with the mental illness excuse, then adamantly defending garry lyon when challenged by mike sheahan and saying that lyon was legit.
if ever there was a case for mental illness being used an excuse to be left alone, it was lyon's after his affair with brownless's missus.

I felt the episode was a bit messy. Seemed all over the place. The c bomb dropping was harsh listening.

I think what i think mike said was right, the prevalence of mental illness as an excuse/reason has resulted in skepticism in the industry.

I liken Sam to a straight line. Anything that deviates from his "norm" is abnormal.

I havent finished previous one yet. It's like something you want to savour, so you leave it incomplete for as long as possible. I usually listen when lifting at the gym, which isnt the best as i laugh a lot.

Other times is when I in the bath soaking.

Just listen more than once Pete! Very entertaining today, Sam blowing up over Trump and abusing DiNiro, Middler et al had me in tears.

Yeah he was defending him as Di Niro and Middler made derogatory comments about him and in the process absolutely went off on them

Listening now. Interesting how he says "to speak about the president, whether you like him or not....", but sam is very outspoken against obama and gillard.

I havent finished previous one yet. It's like something you want to savour, so you leave it incomplete for as long as possible. I usually listen when lifting at the gym, which isnt the best as i laugh a lot.

Other times is when I in the bath soaking.

This :thumbsu:
Although I superset my routines, which means that I might be halfway through a tricep pushdown and I'll piss myself laughing and * up the set.

Listening now. Interesting how he says "to speak about the president, whether you like him or not....", but sam is very outspoken against obama and gillard.

I think it’s because Sam is a stupid ****. After all this is a guy who didn’t even know Washington was the capital of US til just a few years ago.

It’s cute they have three massive ****wits on one show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’s because Sam is a stupid ****. After all this is a guy who didn’t even know Washington was the capital of US til just a few years ago.

It’s cute they have three massive ****wits on one show.

I think it shines a light on human bias, in the political scene. Some are so fervent in their love of a particular party and while lambasting the opposition ignore any frailities of their own.

Listening to this it’s amazing how ill informed and stupid Mike Sheehan is.

It’s little wonder AFL journalism is cooked when Mike was a lot of the clowns we deal with now mentor.

First listened to it yesterday...I like it. They 3 have no problems saying the things other AFL media guys dont.

Did you play golf with them? Did you smash them? :D

no golf, they play for money.

the Beast shook my hand and pretty much broke every bone in my hand.

First listened to it yesterday...I like it. They 3 have no problems saying the things other AFL media guys dont.

agreed. Even though GT hates the afl, its refreshing. You just gotta take it as extreme, and suck out the tasty bits that formulate the crux of the argument.

I like the podcast however Mike often raises a topic and then has no idea what the topic is actually about or any further information when Sam or Grant ask a question. If he is going to raise something it might help if he is a little better informed given that he raised the issue.

I like Thommo and Sam's viewpoints and its interesting to hear an alternative view given all the sameness we get from the footy media.

Is the first podcast that I have listened to, are there any other good footy podcasts that are worth listening to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back