Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

This weeks podcast did my head in. We get it Sam you hate the lockdown for the 3rd week in a row, it isnt going to change so stop whining. I am sure a petition works better than an election too :rolleyes: (there are plenty of polls out there which all show an over whelming majority of Victorians support the lockdown but please feel free to ignore that). Didnt like the guest either. lots of bluster with not many facts.

each to their own, gideon was well researched imo

and a lot dont support the lockdowns and look to,people with a voice like sam to speak up

each to their own, gideon was well researched imo

and a lot dont support the lockdowns and look to,people with a voice like sam to speak up

Agree lots of people dont support the lockdowns. Ive intimated elsewhere that given the groundswell of this viewpoint, it's odd there hasnt been mass protests

Agree lots of people dont support the lockdowns. Ive intimated elsewhere that given the groundswell of this viewpoint, it's odd there hasnt been mass protests
Sam hit the nail on the end when he mentioned about the difficulties of living when you're unable to do the things that make life worth living.

Protests tonight I saw on twitter, police s**t them down

Sam hit the nail on the end when he mentioned about the difficulties of living when you're unable to do the things that make life worth living.
no one wants to be locked up its a nightmare but it will be over soon and we have to do it because people are idiots and go spreading the disease. And we have no choice to lockdown because other states wont let Victorians in until we have it under control. If Sam had it his way we would never be allowed out of the state and the economy would still be up the s**t.

no one wants to be locked up its a nightmare but it will be over soon and we have to do it because people are idiots and go spreading the disease. And we have no choice to lockdown because other states wont let Victorians in until we have it under control. If Sam had it his way we would never be allowed out of the state and the economy would still be up the sh*t.
I've always advocated for the Sweden, Korea method of allowing some normality in things and protecting the vulnerable.
I'm glad Gideon brought that up.

2171.8K listens on the Podbean app.

That's comfortably more listens than any of the Australian radio stations and TV podcasts they have on there.

Surely someone has approached them about sponsoring.

2171.8K listens on the Podbean app.

That's comfortably more listens than any of the Australian radio stations and TV podcasts they have on there.

Surely someone has approached them about sponsoring.

Everyone is way too scared to take the risk of damaging their brand.

Which is understandable but it's a risk that would be worth taking

Part of me things Sam wouldn't want to be sponsored.

This weeks podcast did my head in. We get it Sam you hate the lockdown for the 3rd week in a row, it isnt going to change so stop whining. I am sure a petition works better than an election too :rolleyes: (there are plenty of polls out there which all show an over whelming majority of Victorians support the lockdown but please feel free to ignore that). Didnt like the guest either. lots of bluster with not many facts.
I disagree with ~90% of Sam and the IPA mouthpiece political views - but I do like that Sam is also willing to invite guests that have very different views to him. See the episode with Rob Gell which was a great and respectful discussion.

Sam may be a D-Grade political pundit (imo!) - but he is still a great entertainer and knows how to facilitate an engaging discussion.

Everyone is way too scared to take the risk of damaging their brand.

Which is understandable but it's a risk that would be worth taking

Part of me things Sam wouldn't want to be sponsored.

Agreed. If and its a big IF it ever should happen he'd have to ensure they are happy. Cant have that.

I disagree with ~90% of Sam and the IPA mouthpiece political views - but I do like that Sam is also willing to invite guests that have very different views to him. See the episode with Rob Gell which was a great and respectful discussion.

Sam may be a D-Grade political pundit (imo!) - but he is still a great entertainer and knows how to facilitate an engaging discussion.

I with you. He is excellent when not talking politics. Rob Gell is the best episode in the history of the show.

how sad that you've been put out a bit for a relatively short period in order to get the thing under control and commerce operating again. boo-hoo

newman is a complete ultra right cretin. see he once again conned the simple minded by saying he was to run for mayor. never intended to. suffers from relevance deprivation syndrome.

the ******* should move out of the state if he's pissed off. would increase the i.q of victoria and lower it to whoever had to put up with the flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how sad that you've been put out a bit for a relatively short period in order to get the thing under control and commerce operating again. boo-hoo

newman is a complete ultra right cretin. see he once again conned the simple minded by saying he was to run for mayor. never intended to. suffers from relevance deprivation syndrome.

the ******* should move out of the state if he's pissed off. would increase the i.q of victoria and lower it to whoever had to put up with the flog.

how can he move? and hes spot on if you ask most people, its been since march with no end in sight

how can he move? and hes spot on if you ask most people, its been since march with no end in sight
it's only been a few weeks under stage 4. the flog loves trump who has let covid get completely out of control. the donkey is an ignorant publicity whore.

he can start packing now and piss off as soon as the borders are open.

it's only been a few weeks under stage 4. the flog loves trump who has let covid get completely out of control. the donkey is an ignorant publicity whore.

he can start packing now and piss off as soon as the borders are open.
You are the type of person to call someone selfish for not wanting to completely restrict the lives of millions of people.

At least Americans get some semblance of a life these days now that it's out of control, better quality of living than Victorians.

You are the type of person to call someone selfish for not wanting to completely restrict the lives of millions of people.

At least Americans get some semblance of a life these days now that it's out of control, better quality of living than Victorians.

Speaking to relatives of mine in California, they still in lockdown although not restricted to a radius like us.

Someone raised an interesting point earlier about Sam not enjoying Victoria, especially under the current regime. That person raised the idea of Sam leavving and living elsewhere. Now of course no one can go anywhere right now, but when its all open should Sam leave, like others have been told before (if you dont like it, leave)?

Unless they lose their life of course. You know, from the Coronavirus.

Watching Part 1 of the new episode uploaded today and Don is denying that he ever said anything about thinking about suing Hawthorn for injury compensation, even Rod is claiming Don never said it, but Sam is right Don did say just that, it's all on last week's episode titled: 'Dan, Don and Medication'.

Enjoying Rod being even more involved this week.

Watching Part 1 of the new episode uploaded today and Don is denying that he ever said anything about thinking about suing Hawthorn for injury compensation, even Rod is claiming Don never said it, but Sam is right Don did say just that, it's all on last week's episode titled: 'Dan, Don and Medication'.

Enjoying Rod being even more involved this week.
watching?

Have to say that this weeks episodes were probably the best i can remember. Rod Law kept Sam in line in the first part and therefore the lectures were less and Don spoke more and it was funny
After the first few mins of the 2nd episode i thought Mick Hone was going to be boring but by the end i was wanting more. Don really is a good interviewer when he is allowed and asked really good questions and the story of Peter Brock was amazing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back