wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
BarRat surely is not on the Thomas xmas card list. Gave a blistering assessment of Thomas' character.
Apart from the baffling sycophantic treatment of Sheehan, thought Barrett & Hutchison were perceptive in their take on it.

That apology tweet has totally ruined Thomas' brand as being the straight shooter who isn't afraid of anyone. Just been totally shown up and as Hutchison said, may not hang around on Twitter much longer.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Too hot for Mike. Who didn't see that coming. Is he still answerable to the AFL? At the ripe old age of 72. I guess when you've been a shill for these people for decades, you'll never be a free man. Not till the day he dies. That's as it should be. I bet they threatened to take his name off the media room.
As Hutchison or Barrett observed, strange move by Sheehan to even go on the podcast in the first place. He would have known Thomas & Newman take delight in stirring up trouble and being the establishment hack he is, should be figured an ignominious fleeing from it by would probably result.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Apart from the baffling sycophantic treatment of Sheehan, thought Barrett & Hutchison were perceptive in their take on it.

That apology tweet has totally ruined Thomas' brand as being the straight shooter who isn't afraid of anyone. Just been totally shown up and as Hutchison said, may not hang around on Twitter much longer.
How has it ruined Thomas's brand? If anything its a brave thing to apologise when he is wrong. Thomas has a policy of replying to every reply to his tweets no matter how scathing. Refreshing IMO

Wow, gt egged sam on according to barrett.

- GT used sam as a mouthpiece
-
Is it suspended or over? Hutchy and Barrett pretty much said it's over
i reckon its done. Sams weekly ranting about transgenders i think was the tipping point. Rants about trump are ok given trump is far enough away. But trans are in OUR society, and with diversity being a key aspect of life these days his views were not fitting in. I dont mind him having a say however, even if "you cant say that anymore" era is here, but reality is there must be pressures from above, below or adjacent to tone it down/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Is this podcast officially finished or making a comeback?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
i havent listened yet but i am sure some of you would be interested in this ...

out Grant Thomas in Don Scott. I always found Don funny and interesting so have high hopes!

Back