Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
They had Caroline Wilson on Mk. 2 of this podcast today.

I thought Sam made bit of a fool of himself, using her appearance on the podcast to settle old scores. Launched right into it from the first minute; it came across really poorly. Made a few factual errors too, which didn't help his agenda.

The addition of Don Scott isn't working great so far, the bloke seems to know very little/have no opinion about anything outside of AFL. The other two need to engage him more, wind him up, do whatever it takes to get Don fired up.

They had Caroline Wilson on Mk. 2 of this podcast today.

I thought Sam made bit of a fool of himself, using her appearance on the podcast to settle old scores. Launched right into it from the first minute; it came across really poorly. Made a few factual errors too, which didn't help his agenda.

The addition of Don Scott isn't working great so far, the bloke seems to know very little/have no opinion about anything outside of AFL. The other two need to engage him more, wind him up, do whatever it takes to get Don fired up.

He doesnt watch much footy either. Although (and im an episode behind) does put perspective into things when others are trying to compare players across eras.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Listening to the episode with Caroline Wilson. Sam Newman is a massive lightweight.
I found it a pointless discussion. Sam does what all old people do, argue the statement and not the problem so things go round in circles. Caro wasnt much better.
I found Don much better on this episode though when he had an opportunity to speak!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sam adamant afl players use mental health to mask an issue unrelated. But is equally adamant Garry lyon had depression.

I quite like listening to Sam, as we both generally have a Conservative political persuasion.
But, his podcast with Caro was appalling and childish. He used it purely as a chance to settle old scores and when she didn't react the way he expected and he discovered that she had intelligent and measured responses to his baiting, he leant back on the old "well I hope we can have a less frosty relationship now" excuse.
She walked all over him, without it looking like a hatchet job. He was way in over his depth with her and I have a new found appreciation for the way she deals with chauvanism.
I agree with peternorth , he is conflicted in his defence of Lyon and his scepticism of mental health as an excuse for other AFL players.
He cannot have it both ways, he either believes all other cases of mental health excuses along with Lyons, or he dismisses Lyons as "contrived" like he seems to think they all are.

I quite like listening to Sam, as we both generally have a Conservative political persuasion.
But, his podcast with Caro was appalling and childish. He used it purely as a chance to settle old scores and when she didn't react the way he expected and he discovered that she had intelligent and measured responses to his baiting, he leant back on the old "well I hope we can have a less frosty relationship now" excuse.
She walked all over him, without it looking like a hatchet job. He was way in over his depth with her and I have a new found appreciation for the way she deals with chauvanism.
I agree with peternorth , he is conflicted in his defence of Lyon and his scepticism of mental health as an excuse for other AFL players.
He cannot have it both ways, he either believes all other cases of mental health excuses along with Lyons, or he dismisses Lyons as "contrived" like he seems to think they all are.

he often singles out buddy franklins depression as a cover up for 3 strikes.
hasnt done so against any others in the afl specifically.

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
Had Robert Walls on in the recent Pod. Good episode. Robert talked about the struggles of being a coach after being sacked, and how he nearly punched Ian Stewart.

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Had Robert Walls on in the recent Pod. Good episode. Robert talked about the struggles of being a coach after being sacked, and how he nearly punched Ian Stewart.
He was good wasn't he Wallsy.
I'm starting to really warm up to the new format with Don, it's almost piss funny when he cracks it and tells Sam to shut up.
Interested to know what happened to Mike's "lady friend" early this year. Sounds like he's all over Tinder according to Sam

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dons coming out of his shell. I cracked up at the start of the last podcast where he bagged Sam Newman for being grumpy before the podcast started then bright. And Sam goes thats being professional, and Don goes no thats being two faced!.
They are over the Caro debacle and i can see this ending up really funny even if it is old men yelling at a cloud. Hope it goes through the summer

Rustyrich

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
This and Footyology are my favourite podcasts going around. Don Scott is good value replacing Grant and great guests always help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back