Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

elaborate?
It starts on here right on the 14 min mark. They replay Tony Sheahan's rumour about North sounding out Degoey, then his manager, Ben Niall, comes on straight away. After a second listening, it's not that much, really, but still slightly amusing. :p

Some of you should listen to the latest podcast that got released today.
Rex Hunt is on it, and my goodness it is some weird listening. He is so abrupt its hilarious. I still don't know if I enjoyed that episode or if I just found it awkwardly unsettling.

Rex Hunt is on it, and my goodness it is some weird listening. He is so abrupt its hilarious. I still don't know if I enjoyed that episode or if I just found it awkwardly unsettling.
was it.....

creepy?

1805710-csi_yeah_skyline.jpg

looking forward to it

It starts on here right on the 14 min mark. They replay Tony Sheahan's rumour about North sounding out Degoey, then his manager, Ben Niall, comes on straight away. After a second listening, it's not that much, really, but still slightly amusing. :p

amusing!

Have always been a Rex fan from way back, but bloody hell he sounds just about cooked!

Yep clearly in a bad spot. Says he says what he wants and doesn't care who he offends yet didn't tell Mike he had an issue with him because he didn't want to offend him!

I'm far from a Newman fan but I checked out the "You Cannot Be Serious" podcast and I found Rex's behaviour concerning.

Rex confirmed he is still on medication (Lithium?!) after his mental breakdown last year.

He was still VERY erratic during this podcast episode.

Mike sh1t his pants when Rex got stuck into him about his line of questioning during Open Mike. I actually can't recall seeing that episode.

Rex confirmed he is still on medication (Lithium?!) after his mental breakdown last year.

Mike sh1t his pants when Rex got stuck into him about his line of questioning during Open Mike. I actually can't recall seeing that episode.
Hunt has been noted for being all-over-the-place with his thinking and utterances. But this was something else and I do understand what may, at least in part, been driving it. Disturbing.

Sam was very good in this episode, in terms of trying to keep the show flowing. He was able to just about keep Rex on track when he was going off on tangents.
He really does still have great radio/interview craft I reckon.
I’ll have to give this one a listen. Sounds like getting someone in who’s lost the plot more than Sam might be a recipe for success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll have to give this one a listen. Sounds like getting someone in who’s lost the plot more than Sam might be a recipe for success.
I’m not even sure if I’d say it’s a success. I’m not really sure how to put it to be honest lol. I think Sam showed that a lot of his craft is just showmanship and he really does know how to be somewhat of a pro in this field tbh

I love listening to this podcast but this episode with Rex was terrible. He's either trying too hard or he's lost the plot.
His aggression towards Mike was uncalled for and amateurish. They need to get Don back on soon

Thought I’d give this podcast a listen. Didn’t get past Sam dribbling on about Essendon drugs saga. Switched off. Will try again another time.

Rex kicking off at Mike haha love it!
Have always been a Rex fan from way back, but bloody hell he sounds just about cooked!
Yep clearly in a bad spot. Says he says what he wants and doesn't care who he offends yet didn't tell Mike he had an issue with him because he didn't want to offend him!
I'm far from a Newman fan but I checked out the "You Cannot Be Serious" podcast and I found Rex's behaviour concerning.

ok listened to it on a long drive. yes that was hard listening. especially towards MS.

rex tangents are just rex though. always done that.

he did seem angry at everyone.

Never heard Steve Price before other than being familiar with his name, but my god he rates himself!

an interesting person. at 3aw, during the 9-11 event he was staunchly arguing with callers who used it as a reason to cut immigration. one caller, who herself migrated here, copped it from steve. it was funny "just because you're here that means no one else can come over right?". haha.

Wow. Ralphy Horowitz very worked up about the abc story about horsey stuff
He has no credibility. I am a horse racing fanatic and his arguments are stupid. He needs to admit it has happened and that the racing industry needs to reform, Damage has been done, too many people have been put off side. The racing industry wont, they have their head in the sand.

By the way why arent they telling us how Don is? hes been in hospital with Pneumonia, at least give us an update on how he is!! Steve Price is annoying.. hope he never comes back.

He has no credibility. I am a horse racing fanatic and his arguments are stupid. He needs to admit it has happened and that the racing industry needs to reform, Damage has been done, too many people have been put off side. The racing industry wont, they have their head in the sand.

By the way why arent they telling us how Don is? hes been in hospital with Pneumonia, at least give us an update on how he is!! Steve Price is annoying.. hope he never comes back.
ok got to the end, They did mention Don is getting better,. my bad

ok listened to it on a long drive. yes that was hard listening. especially towards MS.

rex tangents are just rex though. always done that.

he did seem angry at everyone.
Nah! It was much more than the usual Hunt wandering and rambling. His moods fluctuated dramatically and quickly and he was almost incoherent at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back