Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am a horse racing fanatic and loved it. Donald was in top form (polimiticians lol) the banter was good, only 1 short mention of trangender athletes and the best part is Don asked question which no horse racing commentator would ever ask and they were great questions. I learnt heaps and i thought i knew most things about horses.i cant even recall Donald Trump mentioned!
1 criticism, the producer is horrendous. i am always wondering if i come in half way because about 3 times already they only uploaded half the podcast so i had to listen online which is a pain in the butt.

Rustyrich

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I've been catching up as I've missed the last few weeks or so. The Rex Hunt episode was hilarious even though Rexy wasn't all there at times, or just couldn't be stuffed. Either way he's always entertaining. Better than the Steve Price podcast imo. I hope Don has recovered well as he adds a lot to the show, more than I expected when he first joined.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've been catching up as I've missed the last few weeks or so. The Rex Hunt episode was hilarious even though Rexy wasn't all there at times, or just couldn't be stuffed. Either way he's always entertaining. Better than the Steve Price podcast imo. I hope Don has recovered well as he adds a lot to the show, more than I expected when he first joined.
i love Don, His commentary in the 80s and 90s was my favorite of all time and i hated him as a player. He is a funny guy even if he is cantankerous

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Just listened to the Rex Hunt episode. For some context, I'm a mental heal social worker and spend most of my days engaging with people who are acutely unwell. Rex is experiencing some significant mental health issues at the moment and should not have been put on this podcast. In addition, the line of questioning from Newman about the origins of his mental I'll health - and the implication that Rex had it all so there was no discernible reason - really highlights the limitations of Newman's knowledge. The guy is a glorified shock jock masquerading as some kind of deep intellectual.

Weird one hour of my life...which was reminiscent of the rest of my life.

Maddaz

Debutant
Sep 19, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Just listened to the Rex Hunt episode. For some context, I'm a mental heal social worker and spend most of my days engaging with people who are acutely unwell. Rex is experiencing some significant mental health issues at the moment and should not have been put on this podcast. In addition, the line of questioning from Newman about the origins of his mental I'll health - and the implication that Rex had it all so there was no discernible reason - really highlights the limitations of Newman's knowledge. The guy is a glorified shock jock masquerading as some kind of deep intellectual.

Weird one hour of my life...which was reminiscent of the rest of my life.
As a layman on the issue of mental health, (and trust me I’m not questioning your expertise in the area), the general member of the public probably does struggle with the idea of mental health issues applying to someone who seemingly “has it all”.
To be honest hearing Wayne Schwass talk about the feelings he was having whilst at the same time seemingly celebrating a premiership win, opened my eyes a lot.
Again I’m not questioning you, and Sam probably could have put it much better, but I think it all adds to the education around the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rustyrich

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
They are on a roll now. The Amanda Elliott podcast was a good one, better than I expected. Mike still reckons the Melbourne Cup doesn't stop the nation lol

They are on a roll now. The Amanda Elliott podcast was a good one, better than I expected. Mike still reckons the Melbourne Cup doesn't stop the nation lol

I chose to listen to the other podcast episode first - footy legends. Really nice to heard Bernie Quinlans thoughts. I am friends with him

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast

Having guests on the show has resuscitated this podcast - and it's currently better than SMT. Wonder if we will ever have the title of the thread changed?

New episode of Sizzletown this week too - what a week for podcasts.

Having guests on the show has resuscitated this podcast - and it's currently better than SMT. Wonder if we will ever have the title of the thread changed?

what a time to be alive!

Rustyrich

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

Yeah I agree, the guest keeps them on their toes and ads a little extra to it, I noticed it gets a little more serious when they have one on. Either way they are doing a great job. Don worthy by now for a thread title change

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Having the guests has been fantastic, with the exception of Rex, they have chosen well.
I have to say, I've never really been a fan of Whateley but his episode was brilliant. He's a pretty intelligent bloke and almost self effacing in the way he took responsibility for the rift between himself and Ross Lyon.
He's converted me, can now say I'm a fan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back